Is Cordish Co. good for downtown?

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

phxcat wrote:I like that thought about Science City failing
I do to... Then maybe we can get a real "science" museum in Union Station instead of this multi-million dollar kiddie Kalidescope we call Science City. I've been once, it's great for 3-year-olds.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

O.K. guys...I'm worried.

If we let a developer that we're hiring to bring in tenants we could be in BIG trouble. Case in point is developer Dan McCaffery who's leasing Block E in Minneapolis (I posted a topic in the Outside KC forum). He is excited the building is 95% leased even though he totally disregarded the city's intentions for the spot. The city wanted Virgin and Cheesecake Factory and he brought it Applebees and Snyder's Drug. The point of people like this guy and Cordish is to bring in big names. But if they can't, they'll pretend like we should be happy there's anything there at all. But that's not the point!!!! The point is Applebees will locate ANYWHERE....we want destination retail and entertainment. We want downtown to be unlike anywhere else in the metro and hopefully anywhere else in the country.

I'm not exactly sure of the status Cordish and the entertainment district, but we cannot let them pull the wool over eyes (Bass Pro??!!) like developer Dan McCaffery did in Minneapolis. Cordish will sell anything to us and expect us to be happy. I would rather keep Cordish out if we can expect them to build a Chilis and Sam Goody in our dowtown revival. Let's get hometown team and Speedway developer Zimmer involved!!!!!!!!
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

i think a bass pro shop downtown would be really awsome, alot bigger of a deal than cabela's. I just went the Bass Pro in springfield, it was awsome, we need to get a similar one downtown :)