KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm Commercial MKC flights!
Let’s bring back scheduled MCI-MKC service!
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm Commercial MKC flights!
Let’s bring back scheduled MCI-MKC service!
General Aviation transfers into downtown would be useful for some cases.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

Lufthansa has put in a bid to repurchase Condor. I'd say a Lufthansa buy out increases our chances of getting a Condor flight.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

Lufthansa has put in a bid to repurchase Condor. I'd say a Lufthansa buy out increases our chances of getting a Condor flight.
How does it increase chances? I would think it would hurt chances.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
normalthings wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

How does it increase chances? I would think it would hurt chances.
Condor is about maxed out with their current fleet and have no new frames on order. Lufthansa, if successful, would operate Condor as its own brand within the LH Group(similar to Eurowings). LH ownership could lead to either new frames being ordered or duplicate route reductions - which frees up frames.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Delta will be increasing frequencies to 3 times daily on the Boston route. 6am,11am,6pm

Not sure if this was posted or not before.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I believe Boeing was targeting August for Max return...

Emirates, a big Max customer, doesn't think it'll be ready until past Christmas at least. I think a lot depends upon if each national/supranational aviation agency has to independently re-cert the plane. Basically they don't trust the FAA to not be completely captured by Boeing or anything. . .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... mber-video
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.
I noticed an extra weekday flight to STL. One less to MDW and Nashville each from the previous extension. Seems weird but whatever.

I also noticed Allegiant doesn't have Phoenix scheduled for winter this year. That might have already been mentioned though. They ran last year didn't they?

Another sidenote. RDU is still listed on wikipedia for Frontier. Is that service gone? I don't see it on the schedule either.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm
normalthings wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.
I noticed an extra weekday flight to STL. One less to MDW and Nashville each from the previous extension. Seems weird but whatever.

I also noticed Allegiant doesn't have Phoenix scheduled for winter this year. That might have already been mentioned though. They ran last year didn't they?

Another sidenote. RDU is still listed on wikipedia for Frontier. Is that service gone? I don't see it on the schedule either.
Yes, F9 discontinued RDU.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

In regards to Icelandair: Flights are back up and running for the 2019 season. The first flight left with just a small handful of seats available. A few sample searches throughout June show about 70s-80s% of available seats have been reserved. That would be a ~90% rate on the 737 Max.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Looks like WN extended the Boston cut from summer thru August due to MAX issues.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 pm In regards to Icelandair: Flights are back up and running for the 2019 season. The first flight left with just a small handful of seats available. A few sample searches throughout June show about 70s-80s% of available seats have been reserved. That would be a ~90% rate on the 737 Max.
Tampa was cut today. :shock:
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

The last MD-80 flights on AA out of MCI look to be on 9/3 for any aviation geeks that want to fly it. The last flight MD-80 flight ever is on 9/4 DFW-ORD and already looks sold out
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

There was an A220 (Bombardier C-Series 300) flying laps around Kansas City today. The only US operator is Delta but Flight Radar didn’t have any airline linked to the plane.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Vacation Express is back this winter with flights to Punta Cana from Jan24 - March20
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:13 pm Vacation Express is back this winter with flights to Punta Cana from Jan24 - March20
Apple Vacations is also going to run Friday flights to Punta Cana (Sunwing Airlines) Jan 24-April 3 and (Miami Air) May 22 - Jul 31.
And Cancun on Frontier Dec 22 - April 5 (3 days a week) and (Viva Aerobus) Sundays April 19-Aug 2

Not sure if Apple Vacations and Vacation express will be running on the same charter? They are both Fridays. Just weird that Apple has 2 extra weeks on theirs. I know Apple and Funjet are the same.

https://www.applevacations.com/flights- ... nsas-city/
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

normalthings wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:13 pm Vacation Express is back this winter with flights to Punta Cana from Jan24 - March20
Because Dominican Republic is in high demand right now :roll:
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Delta scheduled A220 service to seattle starting march 2nd.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Allegaint extended their schedule into May next year. Looks like Orlando is cut starting in August. Maybe it comes back next summer but it only ran once a week this summer, which isn't all that useful.

Punta Gorda is the only route running over the winter.

There are no flights scheduled to any destination in September.

A little disappointing to see them pull back so much. Hopefully others fill the void in.