Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by KCPowercat »

stop it.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:05 amstop it.
a mature response to my being correct and expanding on his post

You welcome back something or someone who is returning. Let's go straight to the airport marketing head for what term they use.

https://twitter.com/JustinMeyerKC/statu ... 87368?s=20
Looking forward to welcoming @AirCanada back to KC in time for Summer 2022...
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Allegiant released their summer schedule. Looks like Destin and St. Pete are the only routes they are running next summer, unless something née gets added. They both are 3x a week

I never really understood why they can’t do better here. Seems like we should have move ULCC service. Frontier is basically non existent also. There is Spirit, but it seems like there should be room for more.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 am Allegiant released their summer schedule. Looks like Destin and St. Pete are the only routes they are running next summer, unless something née gets added. They both are 3x a week

I never really understood why they can’t do better here. Seems like we should have move ULCC service. Frontier is basically non existent also. There is Spirit, but it seems like there should be room for more.
That is fine by me. Spirit is the most consistent ULCC.

Allegiant and especially Frontier are flakey and don't keep routes for long. The new terminal is definitely playing a role in those 2 pairing back operations here. Allegiant's niches don't fit KC well. Frontier is so inconsistent that it doesn't provide much value to us. Spirit has a sizable MCI operation and has been a player here longer than at some of our peers.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

normalthings wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 am
dev49 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 am Allegiant released their summer schedule. Looks like Destin and St. Pete are the only routes they are running next summer, unless something née gets added. They both are 3x a week

Allegiant and especially Frontier are flakey and don't keep routes for long. The new terminal is definitely playing a role in those 2 pairing back operations here. Allegiant's niches don't fit KC well. Frontier is so inconsistent that it doesn't provide much value to us. Spirit has a sizable MCI operation and has been a player here longer than at some of our peers.
New terminal in that you think we’ll be more hub and spoke/legacy with a few directs?

Or am I misreading?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 am

New terminal in that you think we’ll be more hub and spoke/legacy with a few directs?

Or am I misreading?
new terminal = higher costs (not really a big increase in the grand scheme of things)

Not a problem for the big 4 but are for the flakey ULCCs (Allegiant and Frontier)
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

normalthings wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:14 am
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 am

Or am I misreading?
new terminal = higher costs (not really a big increase in the grand scheme of things)

Not a problem for the big 4 but are for the flakey ULCCs (Allegiant and Frontier)
A reason they didn’t sign on?

Could the big four grab those gates?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

ULCC's usually don't sign long-term agreements as a company policy. They pay per gate turn. They were not signatory at old KCI.

Is that possible? Yes. Likely, probably not
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

normalthings wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 am ULCC's usually don't sign long-term agreements as a company policy. They pay per gate turn. They were not signatory at old KCI.

Cheers for the information as always.

Am I wrong to think that we’ll see a drop in ulcc and more legacy? Let’s throw southwest in legacy here for discussion.

What’s to stop delta from flying am to Cancun?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 am
normalthings wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 am ULCC's usually don't sign long-term agreements as a company policy. They pay per gate turn. They were not signatory at old KCI.

Cheers for the information as always.

Am I wrong to think that we’ll see a drop in ulcc and more legacy? Let’s throw southwest in legacy here for discussion.

What’s to stop delta from flying am to Cancun?
Yea, a drop in Frontier and Allegiant is possible and it seem like may already have happened (I don't follow them much, they have always been near irrelevant here). Spirit will stay the course which is all that matters to me on the ULCC front.

WN, AA, and Apple Vacations sell tickets to Cancun. Frontier, Volaris, and Viva Aerobus operate the Apple Vacations flights. I believe Apple works with resorts to sell vacation packages. Delta previously launched MCI-Cancun in 2016 and I could see that coming back.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Alaska is going 3X Daily on Seattle-MCI service next Summer
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

normalthings wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:24 pm Alaska is going 3X Daily on Seattle-MCI service next Summer
Can we get the Alaska Air hub here?
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Comp against Delta? Could be good for us.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I feel like we’re sleeping on the fact that spirit has been increasing service to KC by a considerable amount since they started. Could they be trying to dominate our ULC market, and even try and take some SW once the new airport is complete?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:14 pm
normalthings wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:24 pm Alaska is going 3X Daily on Seattle-MCI service next Summer
Can we get the Alaska Air hub here?
Neither Alaska nor JetBlue have enough planes on order to launch a hub here. They have existing hubs that need to get built out with their current order book
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

JetBlue will operate from C88
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Southwest Airlines news
Beginning April 30, 2022, the carrier also plans to resume service on Saturdays between:

Dallas (Love Field) and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Dallas (Love Field) and Norfolk, Va.
Kansas City, Mo. and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Kansas City, Mo. and Pensacola, Fla.
Kansas City, Mo. and Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Fla.

Nashville and Seattle
Pittsburghand Myrtle Beach, S.C.
https://www.southwestairlinesinvestorre ... -153038384
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

STL-Germany announcement tomorrow on a legacy carrier. A Gov. Official tweeted but it was later deleted.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:02 pm STL-Germany announcement tomorrow on a legacy carrier. A Gov. Official tweeted but it was later deleted.
Frankfurt I’m assuming?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:09 pm
normalthings wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:02 pm STL-Germany announcement tomorrow on a legacy carrier. A Gov. Official tweeted but it was later deleted.
Frankfurt I’m assuming?
Lufthansa 3X weekly