Mark Twain Tower

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by earthling »

dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

A little surprised it took this long. hopefully bigger planes than a 737 in the future.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm A little surprised it took this long. hopefully bigger planes than a 737 in the future.
Sounds like KCI will be a gateway and not a hub. With the large number of warehouses already here, it makes sense to me that they have limited need to air ship orders to KC.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 am
dev49 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm A little surprised it took this long. hopefully bigger planes than a 737 in the future.
Sounds like KCI will be a gateway and not a hub. With the large number of warehouses already here, it makes sense to me that they have limited need to air ship orders to KC.
A gateway is intermodal (plane to truck transfer), a hub is a single mode (plane to plane transfer). Other than that they're the same thing in the supply chain.

It's only going to be a gateway if they ship dramatically more to KC by air and it's the point trucks delivery to many midwest warehouses.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Amazon Air 767 to SBD rumored.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Southwest added another daily LAX roundtrip.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

MCI to Portland back on Alaska
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

normalthings wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:38 am MCI to Portland back on Alaska
Yes my sister in law came in on that flight yesterday. Love having family in Portland and love a direct flight there almost as much.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

MCI to Seattle being restored on Delta
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Pitt getting Hanoi and Singapore Cargo flights. Wish KC was able to land more international cargo service.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/uniqu ... eak-season
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:24 pm Pitt getting Hanoi and Singapore Cargo flights. Wish KC was able to land more international cargo service.

and put the cargo where? there's no intermodal at the airport beyond a few small buildings
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:19 am
normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:24 pm Pitt getting Hanoi and Singapore Cargo flights. Wish KC was able to land more international cargo service.

and put the cargo where? there's no intermodal at the airport beyond a few small buildings
KCI has around 3 million sqft of <10 year old logistics space plus the Congress Centre nearby. Really hopeful that their plans for a new cargo ramp pan out.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm
KCI has around 3 million sqft of <10 year old logistics space plus the Congress Centre nearby. Really hopeful that their plans for a new cargo ramp pan out.
You really should use the actual name of a place. You're thinking of the KCI Intermodal Businesscentre

Page 4 has the map. Only six buildings for ~2.2 million square feet have been built
http://www.kcilogistics.com/wp-content/ ... ochure.pdf

Related, the company that setup the flights to Pittsburgh doesn't appear to own any warehouses at that airport, all they appear to do is handle logistics so everything is contracted out.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Southwest adding Saturday only to Cancun in November
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 am Southwest adding Saturday only to Cancun in November
American adding twice daily Austin flights.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Southwest is launching MCI to Boston once weekly. See this as an early move against JetBlue IND likely being re-instated soon

Cincinatti Business Journal reporting that Cincinatti-KC will be brought back on Delta next year.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:04 pm Southwest is launching MCI to Boston once weekly. See this as an early move against JetBlue IND likely being re-instated soon

Cincinatti Business Journal reporting that Cincinatti-KC will be brought back on Delta next year.
I’m not sure once a week is going to do much.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

dev49 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm
normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:04 pm Southwest is launching MCI to Boston once weekly. See this as an early move against JetBlue IND likely being re-instated soon

When your margins are tight losing ~15% of a route’s traffic and/or having to charge less to keep customer could mean not making money on the route at all each week.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

flyingember wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:47 pm
dev49 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm

When your margins are tight losing ~15% of a route’s traffic and/or having to charge less to keep customer could mean not making money on the route at all each week.
I think they will be okay. Or I guess they could always pull the route before it even starts because of a once a week flight that keeps them from making money. I’d be more worried about what Delta does if I were JetBlue.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Re Boston: a weekly flight today is the first step to ramping to daily service in the 1 year pre-JetBlue .

With this weeks heat, I had heard that Southwest has added fuel stops in KC for some of Midway’s longer West Coast routes. The short runways at Midway prevent them from taking off with enough fuel