Streetcar to the riverfront

Transportation topics in KC
alejandro46
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Post by alejandro46 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:53 pm

Agree with all being said above.

One minor issue; instead of a stand alone building for the museum, I was thinking something along the lines of a couple of levels of ground floor space in a new mid-rise office or apartment tower.
https://berkleyriverfront.com/wp-conten ... W_2017.pdf

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:07 pm

The problem is new construction is very expensive, and thus needs to earn rent on as much square footage as possible. That's why I said the American Jazz Museum and Negro League's Baseball museums would likely be combined in a larger facility at some point. I don't know if they pay rent now in the Jazz District. The City still subsidizes them. Depending on the financial situation of the City in the future, these subsidies might end.

However, there may come a time that the City leadership can no longer subsidize the space needs of those museums. They City might sell the Jazz District buildings it owns to a private party who will want rent.

normalthings
Penntower
Penntower

Post by normalthings » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:11 am

normalthings wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 pm
30% Design Package has been completed and submitted to Port KC. The Bike/Walk Bridge makes up “a significant amount” of the project cost.
Jon Stevens was on Grill Nation again today.
- mentioned Port KC's desire to extend streetcar to the East Bottoms and/or Isle of Capri.
- mentioned the design has progressed to the point that Port KC can/needs to get the financing lined up.