Prospect MAX

Transportation topics in KC
User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 29571
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by KCPowercat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 am

That's lunch doable!

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am

The sixth shelter for the project was installed at Petticoat & Main last night. The first five were all at 12th & Grand. The next will probably be 12th & Main or 12th & Troost, with installation all along the corridor starting in July.

Image

Image

User avatar
TheLastGentleman
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by TheLastGentleman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am

When can we take that skywalk down?

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7748
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by flyingember » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 pm

TheLastGentleman wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am
When can we take that skywalk down?
Probably when Town Pavillion stops owning the parking garage it connects to.

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by smh » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Is the 12th Street stop outside One KC Place relocating?

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 pm

smh wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 pm
Is the 12th Street stop outside One KC Place relocating?
No.

It will be reconstructed -- the platform is already done, sorry no level boarding -- on the original footprint. Temporary boarding is a half block east under the honkey tube.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Floating bus stop under construction on Grand at 11th (matches the design at 12th):

Image

shinatoo
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6338
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by shinatoo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:35 pm

what makes it floating, and what is the green section.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:48 pm

shinatoo wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:35 pm
what makes it floating, and what is the green section.
There's something behind the shelter (bike lane) that would normally be in the street. Most "floating" bus stops actually move the stop out further into the street, which didn't happen here or at 12th. Since there's no on-street parking here it didn't make sense to truly float the stop if the bike lane moved to the sidewalk.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 am

The first of the "corridor" shelters was installed last week, so you can see the difference between these and the "Transit Emphasis Corridor" stations installed downtown.

Image

And current status of the two transit centers -- East Village and 75th & Prospect:

Image

Image

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5389
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by earthling » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 am

Still planning to run this line with no fare for 30 days?

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 am

earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 am
Still planning to run this line with no fare for 30 days?
From opening day through the end of the first quarter of 2020.

snigglefritz
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by snigglefritz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:46 am

Looks like someone took a baseball bat to the glass on the stop at 12th and McGee. Panels on each side are completely spiderwebbed.

shinatoo
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6338
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by shinatoo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Why cant we have nice things.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by smh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm

shinatoo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm
Why cant we have nice things.
Because we have failed to invest in our society.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7748
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by flyingember » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:44 am

smh wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm
shinatoo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm
Why cant we have nice things.
Because we have failed to invest in our society.
It's unlikely, but there's the alternative that this individual smashed up a bus stop instead of attacking someone. The glass could be them letting off steam. In this context I am certain the police would rather be investigating an outbreak of escalating property damage between rivals than homicides.

More on topic, the bus stop just north of city hall looks like it's always been there. It's a great improvement for riders.

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by smh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:49 am

flyingember wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:44 am
smh wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm
shinatoo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm
Why cant we have nice things.
Because we have failed to invest in our society.
It's unlikely, but there's the alternative that this individual smashed up a bus stop instead of attacking someone. The glass could be them letting off steam. In this context I am certain the police would rather be investigating an outbreak of escalating property damage between rivals than homicides.

More on topic, the bus stop just north of city hall looks like it's always been there. It's a great improvement for riders.
I have been really pleased with the new Prospect MAX shelters. Totally agree they look like they've always been there and really improve legibility imho.

town cow
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by town cow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:53 am

...who designed the new MAX shelters for the ATA? The seats in them are located so you are facing away from the street, and if you're in the shelter you can't look down the street for your oncoming bus. And, I found that if you're lined up on the curbside for the approaching bus, the shelter roof is sloped to cascade rain onto your head. Wassup?

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17622
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:08 am

town cow wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:53 am
...who designed the new MAX shelters for the ATA? The seats in them are located so you are facing away from the street, and if you're in the shelter you can't look down the street for your oncoming bus. And, I found that if you're lined up on the curbside for the approaching bus, the shelter roof is sloped to cascade rain onto your head. Wassup?
All Prospect MAX shelters were designed by HNTB.

Which location are you referring to where you are unable to see the bus coming?

The area between the shelter and the curb is not intended for waiting passengers. The shelters roof should not be over the front and rear door boarding areas if the driver is pulling up to the correct spot (the MAX marker or the RideKC sign post).

town cow
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by town cow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:19 pm

So, visit any of the new shelters heading out of the loop at evening rush hour. Folks sitting on the bench inside the shelter are asking others which bus is coming--try it yourself. When the bus stops (marker or sign post), people queue up along the curb, next to the shelter.

Post Reply