Zipcar

Transportation topics in KC
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Zipcar

Post by langosta »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm Zipcar was down to two cars before COVID-19. I would not expect them to survive in most markets (especially KC).

Enterprise closed down their car share at UMKC (as they did nationwide).
The enterprise service is pretty nice to use. I think the streetcar expansion will take away alot of its customers though.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

langosta wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:36 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm Zipcar was down to two cars before COVID-19. I would not expect them to survive in most markets (especially KC).

Enterprise closed down their car share at UMKC (as they did nationwide).
The enterprise service is pretty nice to use. I think the streetcar expansion will take away alot of its customers though.
Why would that be? The streetcar will cover less than a fraction of a percent of the city.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Anecdotally, I use Zipcar less because of Uber/Lyft, the improved retail environment downtown, and having access to a shared vehicle at work.
benjaminkelley
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by benjaminkelley »

I had issues searching for a zipcar in KC recently, kept coming back with 0 cars available. The other day I searched and got a "Zipcar has not come to this market" with links to other cities, one of which is "Kansas City" but clicking that link just does a search for KCMO and brings up the same message.
I suspect they are done.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

The last one I knew of (in River Market) has been gone for about a month or so.