KC Bike share

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: KC Bike share

Post by DaveKCMO »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm I see that a new station was just put in at Prospect and Meyer
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The drop app usability is almost unbearable. It takes entirely too long to check out and in a bike or scooter. It's crazy fast at scanning the qr code though.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:28 pm The drop app usability is almost unbearable. It takes entirely too long to check out and in a bike or scooter. It's crazy fast at scanning the qr code though.
A new (fully native) version is coming soon. I've seen a preview and it's a big improvement, completely rewritten.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Great news.
JLowe2018
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JLowe2018 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:17 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:28 pm The drop app usability is almost unbearable. It takes entirely too long to check out and in a bike or scooter. It's crazy fast at scanning the qr code though.
A new (fully native) version is coming soon. I've seen a preview and it's a big improvement, completely rewritten.
Any info on when will this new Drop app will be dropping?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

JLowe2018 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:17 pm
Any info on when will this new Drop app will be dropping?
Very soon! It will be rebranded RideKC Bike and have full integration with the new Transit app. It's in beta testing now. Complete rewritten. All of the B-cycle bikes are being converted to Drop.

Also, "classic" Drop pedal bikes are now available in Johnson County parks: http://ridekcbike.com/2020/05/29/johnso ... dekc-bike/

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I thought the Drop app was being fixed. It's such a slow checkin/out process (android)
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 pm I thought the Drop app was being fixed. It's such a slow checkin/out process (android)
Fixed and replaced. You can still use the Drop app, but the KC market will have its own "white label" version.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Are the ride KC scooters decommissioned? Haven't seen one on the street for weeks?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:23 am Are the ride KC scooters decommissioned? Haven't seen one on the street for weeks?
*still no ride kc scooters out.
*The Barney Allis Plaza hub stands have been ripped up but not the monument sign so I assume just replacing the bike parking
*The new mobile app is greatly improved check in and out process. Had a problem the other day when my credit card had expired and it just wouldn't let me check out without a "bad credit card error" and couldn't figure out what was happening.
*The new annual pass is like double the old bcycle price. Think I'll just go pay as you go when my credits run out.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Scooters aren't profitable. They're even less profitable than bikes, especially after the city applies its onerous fees and you pay someone a living wage to manage the system. I doubt you'll see RideKC Scooters return. Note that Bird and Spin are still propped up by VCs and major corporations trying to figure out urban mobility.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Makes sense. I really liked that model. Too bad.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Bike share formally launching in KCK (Rosedale) on May 19. Bikes are already available in the RideKC Bike app.

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I've been all over DT KCK lately and I have to say, not bad progress overall. Really hadn't spent any time over there in 15 years, seems way nicer than it used to be. If anything it looks like the city government is at least trying.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

shinatoo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 am I've been all over DT KCK lately and I have to say, not bad progress overall. Really hadn't spent any time over there in 15 years, seems way nicer than it used to be. If anything it looks like the city government is at least trying.
KCK just landed the former KC CIO and a lead planner from SOM
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Scenes from today's launch in Rosedale Park:

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Are there any usage details on the ride Kc bikes? Feel like I saw a ton today Downtown and on the plaza
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm sure Bike Walk KC keeps that data, they are pretty responsive on twitter.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

The weather was great.