OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by normalthings »

earthling wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:13 pm Looks like a sand mandala created by a Tibetan Buddhist monk. Or Aztec interpretation of Sol.
40+ medallions harvested from Terminal A. you can see ta bit of the old blue
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I don't care what your say, these are kick-ass buildings and I wish there was some other public use for them.

Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

shinatoo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:14 am Image

I don't care what your say, these are kick-ass buildings and I wish there was some other public use for them.

Why they didn’t keep that lighting system is beyond me.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

We should save terminal C
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am We should save terminal C
And do what with it?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

General aviation? Airline history museum?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I feel like someone on here pointed out why we can't save it
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I think there’s alot of people out there in KC who think we’re still gonna be using B and C as the airport too once the new terminal is done- they don’t realize it’s only gonna be the one terminal. I’ve heard several people say “yeah we’re getting that née terminal, but we’re still gonna be using B & C too, right?”
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

terminal C should be preserved as a jail for anyone still saying we do not need a new airport.

flew out of KCI last week and was stuck in the longest security line i've ever had there. it was 3 lines, each at least 100 deep. airport staff called out for anyone whose plane was boarding to head to the front of the line - cue at least 40% of those in line trying to cram to the front. it was a shitshow. we almost missed our flight.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:40 pm I think there’s alot of people out there in KC who think we’re still gonna be using B and C as the airport too once the new terminal is done- they don’t realize it’s only gonna be the one terminal. I’ve heard several people say “yeah we’re getting that née terminal, but we’re still gonna be using B & C too, right?”
Same or people asking whatever happened to the new terminal idea.
Last edited by normalthings on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:49 am
And do what with it?
They will be bulldozed. They are expensive to upkeep and are valuable real estate that could be used for operations. I could see C staying for WC and then going away
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

is there any update on whether the new KCI is expected to actually result in additional flights being added? i know things are still a little uncertain due to COVID. we need a new facility regardless, but most of all we need more flights.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

chrizow wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm terminal C should be preserved as a jail for anyone still saying we do not need a new airport.

flew out of KCI last week and was stuck in the longest security line i've ever had there. it was 3 lines, each at least 100 deep. airport staff called out for anyone whose plane was boarding to head to the front of the line - cue at least 40% of those in line trying to cram to the front. it was a shitshow. we almost missed our flight.
The nice thing about almost missing your flight is that you didn't have to wait in the cramped gate area with overused toilet facilities and limited services.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

chrizow wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm is there any update on whether the new KCI is expected to actually result in additional flights being added? i know things are still a little uncertain due to COVID. we need a new facility regardless, but most of all we need more flights.
That will be up to the airlines to decide. New terminal will fit the reqs that the more mainstream Euro airlines where the old terminal did not.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

chrizow wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm is there any update on whether the new KCI is expected to actually result in additional flights being added? i know things are still a little uncertain due to COVID. we need a new facility regardless, but most of all we need more flights.
It’s definitely no coincidence that JetBlue will begin operations here when they are scheduled to. I imagine they’ll gun to try and use it as their central US base, considering they don’t currently really have one
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:54 pm
It’s definitely no coincidence that JetBlue will begin operations here when they are scheduled to. I imagine they’ll gun to try and use it as their central US base, considering they don’t currently really have one
The first part is true. Second I hope as well but I am doubtful.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

normalthings wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm
And do what with it?
They will be bulldozed. They are expensive to upkeep and are valuable real estate that could be used for operations. I could see C staying for WC and then going away
You seem to say this with more authority than any ody actually attached to the airport has stated.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:32 pm
normalthings wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm

And do what with it?
You seem to say this with more authority than any ody actually attached to the airport has stated.
The old terminals will be bulldozed after the new terminals open. This is consistent with airport officials and was obligated in the Use and Lease agreement.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:34 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:54 pm
The first part is true. Second I hope as well but I am doubtful.
I’m cautiously optimistic. They’re coming out of the pandemic well positioned, and they seem hungry to expand. They also have an aircraft fleet made up of smaller narrow bodies, leading me to believe they’d like a stop over point in the middle of the country, especially at an airport without a major focus airline.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

One of them should be kept for perhaps regional small planes with a tram/bus that feeds directly into secure area of new terminal. Cleveland does this. But sounds like too late.