OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: We are getting a new airport!!!

Post by KCPowercat »

Some sort of award for an American royal team to set up for a year. Seemed like a cool idea versus just having KC Joe's there.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Oh yeah, that is a cool idea, I can get behind that
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Rotational gives a fresh place for people who don’t regularly fly to KC to go to whenever flying in/out as well. Keeps it different so people don’t have the same thing every time which I think is the best idea they could present
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

phuqueue wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:50 am If there's no CFA, absolutely nobody in the world, except maybe people who earnestly complain about "SJWs" (lol), is going to walk into the airport and be bothered that it isn't there, but if there is a CFA, it will help shape the opinions that some non-zero number of visitors form about the city. Whatever you think about CFA's (noxious) corporate activism or (garbage) product, it is obviously better PR not to have them. Asking to exclude them, which is affirmatively positive for the city, is less "virtue signaling" than thrashing about on the internet in defense of a multi-billion dollar company -- you have no purpose here except to "virtue signal" that you won't bow down to the, ahem, "SJW crowd" (lol again). Rally all your gamer bros to publish your own letter railing against this decision or get over it.
Literally, nobody see's a CFA (In basically every metropolitan area btw) and goes "What a shithole city.".

Except for a deranged, delusional extremist.

Give it a break.

I hope you have that same fire raging and speak up about every CFA everywhere you go. Otherwise your hypocrisy is showing.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

How about we just get a Hawaiian Bros which is trendier and local
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Plans For Chick-Fil-A At Kansas City Airport Out, More Minority-Owned Eateries In

https://www.kcur.org/news/2021-09-22/pl ... ateries-in
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

phuqueue wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:49 pm BBQ is included, but do we know what BBQ it's going to be? The rendering in that PDF that was posted a few days ago just shows a generic-looking spot with a big "BBQ TO GO" sign next to it at the very bottom of the slide deck. Considering they have a bunch of brand names for everything else, is the BBQ provider just not selected yet, or is it just going to be something generic? Or is there something newer that I didn't see with more details?
I was at KCI recently (Terminal C) and went to KC Brewpub. Same thing. Some generic god-awful restaurant with crappy food and nothing to do with KC at all. KC Brewpub had these beers on tap: Goose Island IPA, Budweiser, Bud Lite, Stella Artois. Not a single KC beer. I hope the new terminal has nothing like this.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

FangKC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:26 pm Plans For Chick-Fil-A At Kansas City Airport Out, More Minority-Owned Eateries In

https://www.kcur.org/news/2021-09-22/pl ... ateries-in
Wow that is some heated words. The financial aspects have not been released from all bids to compare (and I am not sure if they will be). It's not the individual businesses owners fault necessarially they wern't picked so while it's unfortunate for them I don't think they have much to argue on right now. Blame the master operator. Sounds like Vantage had a compelling deal plus the right proposed vendors. I am fine with the 'rotating' BBQ option. In fact, I think it's a great idea. We don't want people to get the impression that the airport BBQ how to judge the city's best. If they want Joes, go to the real Joe's. I mean, we have Sweet Baby Ray's brand in the outfield at Kauffman.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Goonies wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:23 pm Were gonna get a BBQ shop like the disgraceful slop that was in Crown Center arent we? It's the KC way after all
^^ This is the cynical response Kansas City needs to lose from our DNA. Positive thinking people!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Also nobody is judging a city cuisine on the airport. Chill out people.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Is it possible that you will go away if I shut my eyes and cover my ears? One can only hope.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Goonies wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:23 pm Were gonna get a BBQ shop like the disgraceful slop that was in Crown Center arent we? It's the KC way after all
Three Little Pigs? They won awards at contests. It wasn’t Joe’s but it wasn’t remotely “slop”
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by GRID »

I really don't think it matters that much. The good thing is that KCI will actually have some options for food. ChiFilA's are everywhere including airports in big liberal cities. It has no impact on KC's image that one might be at KCI. But why select something that will be closed on Sundays?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

CFA is out.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Goonies wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:47 pm
flyingember wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm
Three Little Pigs? They won awards at contests. It wasn’t Joe’s but it wasn’t remotely “slop”
It was absolute trash. I need to take you to Slaps so you'll agree with me.
The place on the first level was bad. Really really bad. Brisket boiled in water bad
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

New pictures posted to the FB page. The arrivals pick up area looks depressing and dark, and roadway looks like it’ll get backed up with more than two flights arriving at same time. Two things I was initially afraid wouldn’t be done right seemed to have not been done right..
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 pm New pictures posted to the FB page. The arrivals pick up area looks depressing and dark, and roadway looks like it’ll get backed up with more than two flights arriving at same time. Two things I was initially afraid wouldn’t be done right seemed to have not been done right..
The roadway are pretty long. 4 lanes for cars and dedicated lanes elsewhere for Uber, busses, etc.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why would it get backed up? We will be removing departure traffic and bus (rental car and economy) traffic out and I'd assume Ubers as well. Also we now have 700 plus feet of curb line. That's about the same as half of one of the current terminal circles curb line.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:35 pm Why would it get backed up? We will be removing departure traffic and bus (rental car and economy) traffic out and I'd assume Ubers as well. Also we now have 700 plus feet of curb line. That's about the same as half of one of the current terminal circles curb line.
From the experience I’ve had at Austin’s airport, which has a similar system for their arrivals, I’m mostly bracing for the worst. As long as we have a dedicated ride share/Taxi pickup spot we should only have to worry about POV traffic. This is definitely a situation where I hope I’m wrong.