KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 »

herrfrank wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:36 am Does the JetBlue announcement mean that AA will drop the MCI-BOS service and/ or MCI-LGA service on the schedule this autumn? MCI-BOS is really the hole in the map, as UA will always offer nonstop service to Newark which is a $70 Uber ride into Manhattan and usually takes less than 45 minutes.
AA doesn’t have MCI-BOS service. With MCI-LGA just starting I’m sure it will stick around for awhile to see how it does. They knew the JetBlue adds were coming when they announced it.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Spirit updated their schedule over the weekend.

Sept-oct-nov

Detroit, Pensacola cut
Tampa backed off to 2x a week
Fort Lauderdale backed off to 4x a week
Vegas backed off to 9x a week
Orlando increased to 10x a week
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Contour has KC on it’s possible flights from Indy.
https://secure.in.gov/apps/iedc/transpa ... 1dd830812f
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

dev49 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:51 pm Contour has KC on it’s possible flights from Indy.
https://secure.in.gov/apps/iedc/transpa ... 1dd830812f
tweet Justin Meyer about it?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

PIT, STL, and BNA schedules on the last page.

These flights were announced right before covid.

https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... tl-and-ind

https://blueskypit.com/2020/02/05/pit-a ... tinations/
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 pm PIT, STL, and BNA schedules on the last page.

They don’t code share with anyone. They’re so far providing small airport to big airport connectivity.
So that’s an opportunity for regional coverage into KC. Like not a Omaha or Wichita but a Salina or Kirksville
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

flyingember wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:52 pm
normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 pm PIT, STL, and BNA schedules on the last page.

They don’t code share with anyone. They’re so far providing small airport to big airport connectivity.
So that’s an opportunity for regional coverage into KC. Like not a Omaha or Wichita but a Salina or Kirksville
will need eas support on routes that small
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Those are out of date. They took STL off the new one
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Austin flight on AA getting cut back a bit. In October it will only fly Austin-KC on Saturdays and only KC-Austin on Sundays. No reverse. Not a huge deal but a little surprised there is no Austin-KC leg on Sundays. I guess Southwest will be happy to take the passengers.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

United adding Buffalo for Chiefs vs Bills
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

United pushed the restart of the SFO nonstop to Feb 11
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Air Choice One bid EAS Burlington Iowa to MCI and ORD. Doubt it is selected but interesting nonetheless.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 pm Air Choice One bid EAS Burlington Iowa to MCI and ORD. Doubt it is selected but interesting nonetheless.
Have you ever met anyone that has flown these EAS routes or airlines? I just looked at a flight for Jonesboro to St Louis departing tomorrow, you can buy a ticket for 20 bucks each way
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:38 pm
normalthings wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 pm Air Choice One bid EAS Burlington Iowa to MCI and ORD. Doubt it is selected but interesting nonetheless.
Have you ever met anyone that has flown these EAS routes or airlines? I just looked at a flight for Jonesboro to St Louis departing tomorrow, you can buy a ticket for 20 bucks each way
The Feds pay something like $250 and passengers pay a token $15-40 on each ticket. Each route get a subsidy of $2-5 million a year. Giving the EAS budget to Amtrak would buy you a lot more rural service.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I just looked at Wikipedia and did not fact check at all, but it says Joplin has EAS flights to Chicago and Denver which might be the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

In what world does it make sense to subsidize flights there when Springfield is like an hour away. There are parts of kc proper that are that far from the airport here.

I think we should get some EAS money to helicopter me from Union station directly to my flight gate.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 pm I just looked at Wikipedia and did not fact check at all, but it says Joplin has EAS flights to Chicago and Denver which might be the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

In what world does it make sense to subsidize flights there when Springfield is like an hour away. There are parts of kc proper that are that far from the airport here.

I think we should get some EAS money to helicopter me from Union station directly to my flight gate.
Columbia MO had EAS service until 2010. Topeka lost EAS sometime in the 2000's.

Trump tried to kill EAS (I would agree with his sentiment). In the grand scheme of things, the program isn't massive but its 100% waste.

From 2018... some of these even have daily Amtrak service already!
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Hilarious. Even that map stresses me out because they're all clustered. 🤣

My new favorite government program.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 pm I just looked at Wikipedia and did not fact check at all, but it says Joplin has EAS flights to Chicago and Denver which might be the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

If you're going to do distance, it works both ways where there's a line that's closer to Joplin than any other airport.

The town of Parsons, KS is a good example.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:03 pm From 2018... some of these even have daily Amtrak service already!
daily amtrak service at 45mph vs an airplane at 250mph.

There's clear value in shifting these 60-100 mile trips to rail but it would be a huge investment to get there
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

My son flew a couple of times from Morgantown WV to BWI while in college. It was like $45 on a little puddle jumper. It's just another government subsidy to rural areas that conservatives don't seem to realize they are getting.

I say take away all the rural subsidies since country people hate the government so much and think they are the ones that pay for urban transit etc. It's by far the other way around. Large metro areas subsidize everything in rural areas from postal service to health care, to education to roads and police.

Take it all away since they seem to be able to control what cities want to spend on themselves. Let everybody fend for themselves like rural areas think they can do. See how long it lasts.

See if they can fund their schools and roads and police and hospitals with thoughts and prayers. Let alone having airline and Amtrak service to small towns. At least they will have guns.