Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
phuqueue
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Politics

Post by phuqueue »

Not sure that people are "hesitant" to talk about it because it's about race (at least, I'm not), just not sure what there really is to say about the mayor supporting a symbolic city ordinance urging Congress, which doesn't answer to the KC city council, to do something. If you're actually just trying to bait people into a conversation about reparations, then just say you want to talk about reparations. I think I can already picture how that conversation would go, though.

DColeKC
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DColeKC »

phuqueue wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:44 am
Not sure that people are "hesitant" to talk about it because it's about race (at least, I'm not), just not sure what there really is to say about the mayor supporting a symbolic city ordinance urging Congress, which doesn't answer to the KC city council, to do something. If you're actually just trying to bait people into a conversation about reparations, then just say you want to talk about reparations. I think I can already picture how that conversation would go, though.
I was just making a joke. I don’t care to discuss the topic myself, especially not with some folks on here, like you, that think you know me and my opinions before even having the conversations.

normalthings
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by normalthings »

Sounds like a big day in NKC. Would be amazing if the pro-transit people get elected.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Biden to nominate Robin Carnahan as administrator of General Services Administration

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html

Sen. Roy Blunt is supporting her nomination. She ran against Blunt in 2010. She is a former Missouri Secretary of State, and daughter to the late, former Gov. Mel Carnahan, and former Senator Jean Carnahan.

https://twitter.com/RoyBlunt/status/137 ... 33989?s=20