Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Politics

Post by TheLastGentleman »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 amCNN has spent a ton of money for getting things wrong where as Fox has spent a ton of money for sexual harassment. They all suck balls.
These are not equivalent
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:53 am
DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 amCNN has spent a ton of money for getting things wrong where as Fox has spent a ton of money for sexual harassment. They all suck balls.
These are not equivalent
In your opinion. I posted a fairly detailed study breaking down the demographics of each and the viewership is similar. The amount of opinion Vs hard news is similar. Unless you're watching mid-day, you're getting a biased slant from all of these channels. Morning, evening and night programming is heavily slanted which is about the only way they can get any decent ratings.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 am
These are not equivalent
In your opinion. I posted a fairly detailed study breaking down the demographics of each and the viewership is similar. The amount of opinion Vs hard news is similar. Unless you're watching mid-day, you're getting a biased slant from all of these channels. Morning, evening and night programming is heavily slanted which is about the only way they can get any decent ratings.
You dodged the issue, which is that you’re comparing inaccurate news and sexual assault. Those are not equivalent.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:02 am
DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 am

These are not equivalent
You dodged the issue, which is that you’re comparing inaccurate news and sexual assault. Those are not equivalent.
They both ruin lives and I'm not sure why you're arguing such an invalid point. Almost all of the major networks have been hit with sexual harassment or assault allegations. It's not exclusive to Fox News.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am They both ruin lives and I'm not sure why you're arguing such an invalid point. Almost all of the major networks have been hit with sexual harassment or assault allegations. It's not exclusive to Fox News.
I cannot find a single source documenting this by company. Plenty of individual examples but no aggregated data showing an industry-wide problem.

What's your source?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 am
No, I'm not making things up. I was referring to an article I read earlier this week, but it was only referencing a few polls to compare. This is the first I'm seeing the information you shared. I wasn't making things up and nothings sad, after seeing this new information (to me) I was wrong.
So in other words, you failed to do due dilligence and parroted something you read without checking multiple sources.

How is that better than making things up?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 am
They all have idiotic opinion hosts who drive me insane. Hannity, Cuomo, Maddow etc. They all also have a few great journalists who keep it level headed. CNN has spent a ton of money for getting things wrong where as Fox has spent a ton of money for sexual harassment. They all suck balls.
Yes, because a network that doesn't post opinion is equal to one that has abusers lieing on purpose.

Those two are definitely equivalent.

There's a reason that advertisers pulled money from Fox en mass
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

flyingember wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:43 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 am
No, I'm not making things up. I was referring to an article I read earlier this week, but it was only referencing a few polls to compare. This is the first I'm seeing the information you shared. I wasn't making things up and nothings sad, after seeing this new information (to me) I was wrong.
So in other words, you failed to do due dilligence and parroted something you read without checking multiple sources.

How is that better than making things up?
You're so classy! I admitted I was wrong, which I thought you'd actually respect but instead you just want to twist the knife. I read this and can't remember the exact article, but I do NOT rely on any of the far biased sources but I remember them referring to a few specific polls that ended up being very wrong in 2016. They were all within a few percentage points of each other. The link you posted contains far more information and is a better picture of the situation.

Are you a junior high kid or just an avid renaissance fair participant? Not sure why you can't accept the fact I admitted to being wrong, which I never see anyone else do on here!
Last edited by DColeKC on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

flyingember wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:44 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 am
They all have idiotic opinion hosts who drive me insane. Hannity, Cuomo, Maddow etc. They all also have a few great journalists who keep it level headed. CNN has spent a ton of money for getting things wrong where as Fox has spent a ton of money for sexual harassment. They all suck balls.
Yes, because a network that doesn't post opinion is equal to one that has abusers lieing on purpose.

Those two are definitely equivalent.

There's a reason that advertisers pulled money from Fox en mass
LOL -

First off, why are you so defensive of MSNBC and CNN? Could it be because those networks align with your political and world views? Every network has had individuals accused of sexual harassment. What network doesn't post opinion? I'm talking about CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. The top three.

Lastly, advertisers pulled money from Fox News because we live in a childish cancel culture where the mob rule is the norm. Of course some advertisers pulled ads from Fox to cover their ass, but guess what. Fox News this year is on pace to make nearly twice than that of CNN at 1.32 BILLION compared to 773 million for CNN and 723 million for MSNBC.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Fox is on Pace to make 1.32

400 million from my pillow guy
400 from collective coins and chess pieces
100 from forged in fire knives
The rest from legit household companies
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm Fox is on Pace to make 1.32

Lmao, probably not too far off. Looks like the MyPillow creep spends just under 50 million with Fox News each year. In all seriousness, their biggest advertisers are:

Procter & Gamble
Amazon
Kraft Heinz
Pfizer
Best Buy
Sandals Resorts
PetSmart
Liberty Mutual
Allstate
Progressive
Verizon
Abbot
General Motors
Carvana
Noom
Novartis

My Pillow guy didn't even crack the top 16. Like I mentioned earlier, people wrongly assume only old white people watch Fox News and all the woke Americans are all over at CNN and MSNBC, but that's not the case.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:22 pm

Lmao, probably not too far off. Looks like the MyPillow creep spends just under 50 million with Fox News each year. In all seriousness, their biggest advertisers are:

Procter & Gamble
Amazon
Kraft Heinz
Pfizer
Best Buy
Sandals Resorts
PetSmart
Liberty Mutual
Allstate
Progressive
Verizon
Abbot
General Motors
Carvana
Noom
Novartis

My Pillow guy didn't even crack the top 16. Like I mentioned earlier, people wrongly assume only old white people watch Fox News and all the woke Americans are all over at CNN and MSNBC, but that's not the case.
So you are arguing on behalf of fox now, you never seem to have empirical data to back up any of your points, and you always just try to draw equivalencies between Democrats and Republicans. Then you just end up supporting the conservative position anyways.

I’m not really sure why you bother doing this song and dance, I don’t think anyone’s been persuaded
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Minus pulling up the advertising list, which isn’t really empirical data
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Riverite wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:48 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:22 pm

Procter & Gamble
Amazon
Kraft Heinz
Pfizer
Best Buy
Sandals Resorts
PetSmart
Liberty Mutual
Allstate
Progressive
Verizon
Abbot
General Motors
Carvana
Noom
Novartis

So you are arguing on behalf of fox now, you never seem to have empirical data to back up any of your points, and you always just try to draw equivalencies between Democrats and Republicans. Then you just end up supporting the conservative position anyways.

I’m not really sure why you bother doing this song and dance, I don’t think anyone’s been persuaded
There are more than enough liberal supporters on here and I’ve admitted that although I find myself mostly in the middle, I tend to lean right. Someone on here has to take a different stance to keep it interesting, otherwise it’s just a boys club of like-minded people. Why does it bother you so much that I end up supporting a more conservative stance? You think I’m on this forum to persuade anyone? I’m on here for fun conversation and entertainment. I don’t care to change a single thought of a single member.

Empirical data.... you think I have the top 16 Fox News advertisers memorized? Someone provided that data with their research and I simply listed the results here. It’s funny you don’t like me replying back to comments like, “Fox News advertisers fled” with proof they didn’t.

I love arguing the other side of the situation when it’s clear it’s underrepresented. If you don’t want to play in this song and dance, don’t respond! I’m on here to debate and have fun, if I persuade anyone to do anything, I apologize... it is not my intention.
Last edited by DColeKC on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Riverite wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:49 pm Minus pulling up the advertising list, which isn’t really empirical data
I also posted a link previously about the demographics of the three main networks..... you know, data. I’m not pulling this out of your ass. Feel free to find conflicting data and prove me wrong.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

flyingember wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:08 am CNN was 4% opinion content the same year.
I don't believe that for one second. Watch any random hour worth of CNN and you're likely getting 99% "Opinion" material... not 4%.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

im2kull wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:57 am
flyingember wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:08 am CNN was 4% opinion content the same year.
I don't believe that for one second. Watch any random hour worth of CNN and you're likely getting 99% "Opinion" material... not 4%.
Agree.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Do you happen to have a source for this? I too am quite skeptical of that figure
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:41 pm
Do you happen to have a source for this? I too am quite skeptical of that figure
He has no source. Too busy picking out his 2021 renascence outfit.