Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Politics

Post by phuqueue »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:24 pm I'm just now realizing this is a message board. I was confused. Please point out where I was "bragging". I'm not disagreeing I talked about my personal time spent with members of the black community in an effort to understand, learn and be a ally. I'm pointing out it's ridiculous to call me discussing those efforts "bragging". That sentiment possibly comes from a place of shame, considering most people who like to talk in defense of the black community haven't spent any time in it.
I haven't accused you of bragging about anything. I was only pointing out that "I’ve not said what I think is best for the black community" and "I have never claimed to know what’s better for an entire race" are not true.
My opinions are of course going to be biased to some degree. I think it's impossible to have non biased opinions, but they're absolutely educated opinions. Not born out of hate, racism or whom I support politically. I'm also very aware most people who engage with me on here are of opposite opinions.
It's not a question of "bias," it's a question of value. Opinions have little value when they are held by people not qualified to form them. For what it's worth, I'm not only talking about you here. I would say that whatever ideas I hold about "what it's like" to be black are actually not worth anything either. But that is why my position is to trust black people to know what is best for themselves instead of telling them that the side they overwhelmingly reject actually holds all the answers that they need.
And what about FBI statistics are "right-wing tropes"? Being 13% of the population and committing 53% of all murders is meaningless? What's the point? The point is the black community are killing each other at alarming rates and no amount of policing will stop that. We have to help the black communities in dozens of ways, starting with better access to quality education. Establishing the importance of family and a two parent household. Having 5 kids with 5 different women shouldn't be a bragging point. Access to small business loans are essential. Get young black kids excited about starting their own small business. Legalizing marijuana and ensuring a large percentage of dispensaries are minority owned. Decriminalizing possession etc.
The trumped up concern about "black on black crime" is a right-wing trope. And yes, flawed stats that are warped by the very problem they are being employed to analyze are meaningless. You might wring some value out of them in some other context to make some other point, but it is essentially tautological to say that "black people are more likely to be criminals" when crimes themselves have been defined to be things that black people are more likely to do, or not to be things that white people are more likely to do (see, e.g., the famous distinction made between crack and powder cocaine), even where the social harm from the two legally-distinct acts is actually the same. The law didn't simply materialize out of the ether, it was made by people (and, more specifically it was made by people with the power to make law, which in this country has historically been, and generally continues to be, white men) and it is enforced by people (who, again, are generally white men), and as such, it reflects the beliefs and values of those people (that is, once more, white men). This extends even to murder, yes, because, after all, not all homicides are "murder" or even illegal at all, and some homicides that might appear to fit the legal definition of "murder" are not prosecuted as such (see, for instance, many of the white cop killing black person cases that you don't mean to downplay at all BUT have we thought about black on black crime at all???) and so don't end up as part of those murder statistics.
It blows my mind liberals want to ignore the crime stats. It just shows you don't actually care to fix the issues, just keep dancing around the hard conversations and realities hoping it all gets better. Let's get Biden and Harris in there! With their track record of locking black men up in the thousands, I'm sure they'll be the ones to fix it all.
Sorry, will try to do better about getting carried away with quick-fix easy answers like "confronting the intrinsic racism that irreparably compromises the entire criminal justice system" and focus more on hard conversations about school vouchers and small business loans.
• Solve the right problem. The problem is not poverty. The problem is that too many Americans are not self-suficient.
What is the difference?
• All policies should be pro-work. Work is valued—it is a source of pride and self-esteem, as well as the dividing line between the poor and non-poor.
People should be valued. Work is just a thing that people do. Under capitalism, it is actually a thing that people are coerced to do under the implicit (or sometimes explicit) threat that those who don't work will be left to die in the gutter, while the value that they generate by doing work is siphoned away by the owners of the business to line their own pockets. The "dividing line between the poor and non-poor" is not work, it is poverty. Poor people also work, but it does not lift them out of poverty. This is because individual workers have essentially no bargaining power and have no choice but to take what the employer will offer them. "Then," Republicans say, "they should get another job." But all employers are offering them pretty much the same deal. "Then," Republicans say, "they should learn new skills to get a better job." But how will they buy food or pay rent in the meantime, not to mention that the acquisition of the skills will itself likely cost money? And so, under the nebulous banner of "all policies should be pro-work," maybe you say that the government will provide loans or cash assistance for job training. But what happens if every poor worker avails themselves of this option, so that what were once higher-level jobs become the new entry-level (and are paid accordingly), while the formerly entry-level jobs also still need to get done by someone, but everyone is now overqualified for them? When labor is commodified, there will always be working poor.
• Taxpayer dollars must be accompanied by accountability for outcomes.
In theory this is supposed to be accomplished with elections, but entrenched politicians work hard to ensure that these are as ineffective as possible. This actually is a genuine "both sides" issue, although Republicans are worse.
• Federal programs will fail without a social foundation of better parents and stronger marriages.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't even have the energy to get into this one right now. Suffice it to say, yes, children need a lot of social support, and yes, that can be provided by a two-parent home, but whether this is necessary or merely sufficient is a different question, and a blanket statement about "federal programs" in general requiring "better parents and stronger marriages" in order to succeed is vague to the point of meaninglessness. Which programs? How are they intended to work? What is the goal and how do you measure success?
EDIT: Democrats' policies hurt those they claim to help. You can't tell me they're interested at all in a equitable society. They've made their living off of keeping poor people poor.
I don't really think you're wrong in the abstract, I just think you're wrong on the details, and you're also wrong to think that Republicans are different or better. People with power want to keep power. It's as simple as that.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

First off, I do sincerely appreciate the fact you take the time to respond with thought, regardless if we agree or disagree.

You're right, it wasn't you who used the term "bragging". I've only offered up my opinion which is informed by conversations on the topic with people of all different backgrounds. I wouldn't speak about the topic at all if I hadn't had so many conversations in person with people of different races. Surprisingly when I offer up my opinions in those conversations, they're met with respect and an open mind. I've also changed some of my older opinions based around those conversations as well. My outlook on prison reform for example is completely different than say, 5 years ago.

I'm not saying my efforts to discuss these topics with people of color makes me an expert or that I understand even for a second what it's like to be a different race. I do have a sincere problem with people talking about racial issues who've never had a serious conversation with a black person. I have a family member that overshares on social media and she's a loud and proud liberal. Yet, she's never had a single difficult conversation with a black person and sure as hell has never been personally close to anyone that's black. I know we assume it's racist when you tell people one of your best friends is black, but having friends of different races is one of the best ways to educate yourself. If you don't think racism exists and you spend enough time with your black friends, you'll eventually see that it 100% exists.

The concern about black on black murders shouldn't be a topic only the right talk about. Both sides need to address it and I'm not suggesting they try to fix the murder issue, but fix the issues that lead to the murders. When I mentioned black on black crime, I wasn't trying to imply that black people are more likely to commit all crimes. I do agree about the rigging of some laws, like the cocaine Vs crack example you provided. Cops who kill black men are often not charged with murder or homicide because it's not murder or homicide. If we want different outcomes, change the laws.

It's all important but helping out the black community and providing ways for them to have better opportunities seems like one of the ways to lift them up.

The difference between poverty and americans not being self-sufficient is in how your want to solve this. Democrats just want to toss money at the problem in the form of government assistance. How do we create jobs, good paying ones for minorities? I can tell you how we don't, by allowing the democrats to keep pushing their agenda. Here's a few democratic policies that hurt the poor.

Tax on sweetened beverages in certain cities. Rich people can afford to drive elsewhere to get whatever they want, inner city residents can't.
The lottery. Poor people waste millions of dollars on the lottery.
Over the top environmental laws that kill new construction and push rent so high poor people have to move.
The Green New Deal - climate change activism that wants to do away with cheap energy sources. Higher utility prices will hurt the poor the most considering it's a much larger portion of their budget.
Open Borders - Unfettered immigration allows hundreds of thousands of people in who compete with others seeking lower wage jobs. I know the argument that they do the jobs americans won't, but I call BS.
The push to raise minimum wage - While up to 17 million americans could see an increase by 2025, up to 3.7 million Americans would be out of work. Half the people earning minimum wage are 25 and under.

Understand you not wanting to get into the better parents and stronger marriages. I have no clue how to encourage that or work that out, it's a difficult topic. We do have data that proves the massive benefit of a two parent household, graduating high school and getting married before having children.

I'm not saying the republican party has the answers or are perfect, both parties have historically done things to hurt the black community. And you're right, mostly all by a bunch of white people. Lots of changes need to be made there too in regards to term limits, money in politics, lobbyist and all that.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

You sound like such a reasonable person sometimes that I don't understand how you can even consider voting for Trump.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 pmHere's a few democratic policies that hurt the poor.

Tax on sweetened beverages in certain cities. Rich people can afford to drive elsewhere to get whatever they want, inner city residents can't.

Over the top environmental laws that kill new construction and push rent so high poor people have to move.

The Green New Deal - climate change activism that wants to do away with cheap energy sources. Higher utility prices will hurt the poor the most considering it's a much larger portion of their budget.

Open Borders - Unfettered immigration allows hundreds of thousands of people in who compete with others seeking lower wage jobs. I know the argument that they do the jobs americans won't, but I call BS.

The push to raise minimum wage - While up to 17 million americans could see an increase by 2025, up to 3.7 million Americans would be out of work. Half the people earning minimum wage are 25 and under.
- The purpose of taxes on unhealthy consumables is improving public health, and it's proven to work https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/1 ... 019.304971. If you think better public health harms poor people, I'd love to hear your argument.

- I can't find anything discussing about which side supports lotteries the most, but lotteries are pretty transparently an attempt to fund education without raising taxes by encouraging the less fortunate to gamble away their livelihoods. The best way to deconstruct this madness would be make college 100% taxpayer funded, which I'm sure you would support, right?

- Environmental protections exist because we're slowly making the planet inhospitable to human civilization. If you disagree, you need to present your evidence to the scientific community, because you clearly have access to information that the world needs to learn.

- The New Green Deal is the absolute bare minimum required to possibly avoid climate catastrophe. Again, if you have better information than the vast majority of the scientific community, SHARE IT WITH THEM ASAP!

- "I call BS" is a pretty poor reason to hold such a harsh conviction. Please try harder.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... 87-n670701

Let the shit-show begin.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

FangKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 pm Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Let the shit-show begin.
*insert Batman quote about the world burning, or some shit*
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 pm Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Let the shit-show begin.
The nuclear option will likely be used and that’s available thanks to good ole Harry Reid.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 pmHere's a few democratic policies that hurt the poor.

- The purpose of taxes on unhealthy consumables is improving public health, and it's proven to work https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/1 ... 019.304971. If you think better public health harms poor people, I'd love to hear your argument.

- I can't find anything discussing about which side supports lotteries the most, but lotteries are pretty transparently an attempt to fund education without raising taxes by encouraging the less fortunate to gamble away their livelihoods. The best way to deconstruct this madness would be make college 100% taxpayer funded, which I'm sure you would support, right?

- Environmental protections exist because we're slowly making the planet inhospitable to human civilization. If you disagree, you need to present your evidence to the scientific community, because you clearly have access to information that the world needs to learn.

- The New Green Deal is the absolute bare minimum required to possibly avoid climate catastrophe. Again, if you have better information than the vast majority of the scientific community, SHARE IT WITH THEM ASAP!

- "I call BS" is a pretty poor reason to hold such a harsh conviction. Please try harder.
I’m not saying a tax in sweetened beverages isn’t a healthy policy, simply saying it hurts poor people more financially. I would 100% support free college if it’s an affordable policy. 70 billion a year is substantial.

I’m also not opposed to sole environmental protections and agree climate change is an issue to take seriously. However the drastic approach Democrats want to take would cause so much financial harm, the trade off isn’t worth it. It’s also hard to fully support because even climate experts can’t tell us what will happen 50 years after we have a net zero carbon footprint. The models are insanely inaccurate. Clean energy concepts just don’t work in the real world unless we figure out a way to store the power. It seems like nuclear is the best option but people are scared of nuclear.

The green new deal is very unrealistic. How do we move to clean energy without putting millions out of work?

And I do call BS on the idea illegal immigrants work jobs Americans don’t want to do. How do we know this? They’ve been doing them for so long. I just don’t buy it. But what do I know?

I’ve also noticed a correlation lately with ones upbringing and where they land politically. For example, my family member who is the woke white woman. She never knew struggle. Got pregnant at 18, had family and government support. Got most of her college paid for. Never had to struggle with bills or buying food. She’s liberal as it gets.

I grew up dirt poor. Raised by a single mother who made 18k/year. Started working when I was 14 years old and in my 20’s, often had to make a loaf of bread and bologna last for a week because I had $5 bucks to my name. After years of struggle but hard work, I make 6 figures these days and have a great life. I think this is why I tend to lean right. I don’t want others to suffer because I did, but I want them to know how it feels to lift yourself out of hard times and the rewarding feeling that comes with that.

That probably makes zero sense. I rambled on.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

mean wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:55 pm You sound like such a reasonable person sometimes that I don't understand how you can even consider voting for Trump.
It comes down to policy for me. I just can’t get behind Biden’s policies. I’m not excited for 4 more years of Trump by any means.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Let the shit-show begin.
The nuclear option will likely be used and that’s available thanks to good ole Harry Reid.
That’s not accurate.

Harry Reid didn’t kill the fillibuster for SC justices. Mitch McConnell did that in 2017. Reid only eliminated it for federal courts in 2013.
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:34 pm
mean wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:55 pm You sound like such a reasonable person sometimes that I don't understand how you can even consider voting for Trump.
It comes down to policy for me. I just can’t get behind Biden’s policies. I’m not excited for 4 more years of Trump by any means.
Given you note that you are a “consultant” for Cordish, I do think you should disclose there’s a bit of a conflict of interest. There’s a clear connection between Cordish and the Trump family via Kushner investments and Cordish family members have worked in the administration in official roles:

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 74789.html
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

horizons82 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:51 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Let the shit-show begin.
That’s not accurate.

Harry Reid didn’t kill the fillibuster for SC justices. Mitch McConnell did that in 2017. Reid only eliminated it for federal courts in 2013.
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:34 pm
Given you note that you are a “consultant” for Cordish, I do think you should disclose there’s a bit of a conflict of interest. There’s a clear connection between Cordish and the Trump family via Kushner investments and Cordish family members have worked in the administration in official roles:

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 74789.html
Harry Reid was the first to use the nuclear option, thus making it fair game and dumb ass McConnell used it again in 2017.

Do you take into consideration your employers political affiliations in the way you vote? I don't. They'll never know how I vote and frankly, they could care less what my political thoughts are. I'd venture to say the entire marketing department for them is anti-trump.

One Cordish worked for one year in the Trump administration on a special project. It was a great networking move. Not many times do you get to have meetings with Elon Musk, Bezos and dozens of other CEO's.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

When your paycheck can be tied to the highest levels of the current administration without too many through points, yeah I think that’s worth a mention in a thread where you’re already volunteering a ton of thoughts on the election.

It’s gonna impact your thought process, even if just subconsciously.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

DColeKC, since you are being very selective about the history of the nuclear option, I am posting this article explaining what happened.

Reid only used it because McConnell was holding up all federal judicial appointments under Obama. McConnell's strategy at the time was to prevent Obama from appointing any federal judges.
But McConnell’s tit-for-tat argument obscured how he and his fellow Senate Republicans had weaponized the use of the filibuster during Obama’s presidency. From the time that cloture rules were introduced into the Senate in 1917 until the end of Ronald Reagan’s presidency, the filibuster was deployed 385 times. During Obama’s presidency, Senate Republicans launched over 500 filibusters, many of them to block Obama’s appointments to the federal bench. Reid’s use of the nuclear option was something of a desperate response to Republican obstructionism – or, more precisely, nullification. When it came to shutting down a Democratic filibuster of Gorsuch’s confirmation, McConnell then used the very poisoned conditions that he had helped create to justify a yet more extreme act of partisanship.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... 1600540934

The other history lesson you are ignoring is that Merrick Garland, who Obama nominated for the Supreme Court, was heralded by many conservatives as the ideal candidate for the Supreme Court. Orrin Hatch, then GOP chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, even recommended him. Hatch thought Obama would appoint a much more liberal judge, but Obama selected one that the GOP had praised in the past.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics ... index.html
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

horizons82 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:05 pm When your paycheck can be tied to the highest levels of the current administration without too many through points, yeah I think that’s worth a mention in a thread where you’re already volunteering a ton of thoughts on the election.

It’s gonna impact your thought process, even if just subconsciously.
I have my own consulting firm and Cordish is one of many clients. My biggest client is about as liberal as you can get. So no, 10% of my income being tied to Cordish has no bearing on my thought process. Also, two of my clients also include the DNC and RNC.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:21 pm DColeKC, since you are being very selective about the history of the nuclear option, I am posting this article explaining what happened.

Reid only used it because McConnell was holding up all federal judicial appointments under Obama. McConnell's strategy at the time was to prevent Obama from appointing any federal judges.
But McConnell’s tit-for-tat argument obscured how he and his fellow Senate Republicans had weaponized the use of the filibuster during Obama’s presidency. From the time that cloture rules were introduced into the Senate in 1917 until the end of Ronald Reagan’s presidency, the filibuster was deployed 385 times. During Obama’s presidency, Senate Republicans launched over 500 filibusters, many of them to block Obama’s appointments to the federal bench. Reid’s use of the nuclear option was something of a desperate response to Republican obstructionism – or, more precisely, nullification. When it came to shutting down a Democratic filibuster of Gorsuch’s confirmation, McConnell then used the very poisoned conditions that he had helped create to justify a yet more extreme act of partisanship.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... 1600540934

The other history lesson you are ignoring is that Merrick Garland, who Obama nominated for the Supreme Court, was heralded by many conservatives as the ideal candidate for the Supreme Court. Orrin Hatch, then GOP chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, even recommended him. Hatch thought Obama would appoint a much more liberal judge, but Obama selected one that the GOP had praised in the past.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics ... index.html
Well, I’m not here to teach history. I just said Reid was the first to use it. In 2004 the republicans won back the majority and didn’t need to use it. If we want to place more blame of McConnell, that’s cool with me.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I don't think there is really anything left to say about the race thing so not gonna beat a dead horse. To conclude by tying it back to your original statement that precipitated the whole thing, yes things are bad for a lot of people, and yes they will continue to be bad and will likely get worse if Trump is reelected, and you are fortunate that you can blithely live your life unaware of and unaffected by any of that, and that is all I really have to say.

The only alleged Dem policy that "hurts the poor" that I feel like diving into right now is:
DColeKC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 pm The Green New Deal - climate change activism that wants to do away with cheap energy sources. Higher utility prices will hurt the poor the most considering it's a much larger portion of their budget.
You are confusing the GND with more conventional market-based approaches like a carbon tax or a cap-and-trade system. The whole point of the "New Deal" part of the GND is to alleviate the burden on individuals (and not just poor people) that might otherwise be imposed by any adequate response to climate change. And the entire reason that any adequate response to climate change will be so expensive is that fossil fuels are not "cheap." The price charged to the end consumer has been held artificially low by our refusal to price in the various externalities that fossil fuels entail, but these externalities are also part of the cost of burning fossil fuels. They include pollution that contributes to thousands of premature deaths every year (not to mention the health care costs even for the many more who survive) and climate change itself (costs we have already begun to incur, which are estimated to ultimately reach into the tens of trillions of dollars). It is also worth mentioning that the costs of these externalities are already disproportionately born by the poor (pollution tends to be a bigger problem in poor areas, both because the poor lack the power to prevent sources of pollution from being established in their neighborhoods to begin with and then also because poor people are less likely to be able to leave) and will continue to be in the future (who is going to be left in the hostile climate-ravaged communities of the future? Certainly not the people who can afford to move away). So "we can't do the GND because poor people can't afford a higher utility bill" seems like an uninformed take at best, if it isn't deliberately disingenuous.

You mentioned nuclear in a later post, which, aside from the very real public health and environmental issues that conservatives like to just brush off as hippy-dippy nonsense (because, again, these problems tend to be thrust on poor and minority communities whenever possible and so can safely be ignored by others), is astronomically expensive. There's only one project currently under construction in the entire country, and have you ever taken a look at it? It's in Georgia. The estimated cost has ballooned to more than $25 billion. That's for one project. South Carolina spent $9 billion on another project before they ultimately had to cancel it with nothing to show for it. You want "cheap energy"? It's not nuclear. A cursory google search shows that solar costs approx $1/watt, which would be about 1/10 the cost of the Georgia project. It's true that storage isn't there yet for intermittent sources like solar and wind, but that's not an unsolvable problem. Making nuclear 90% cheaper, uh, probably is.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

No murder charges in Beronna Taylor case. IMO, correct call according to the law but cities are going to burn.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

It is never the "correct call" for a grand jury to decide in secret proceedings that a court doesn't even need to look at cops killing an innocent person for no reason. Whether or not it was "murder" is a question of state law, but the determination that it was or wasn't should at least be made in a public forum. Crazy how prosecutors brag that they could get an indictment for a ham sandwich, but somehow they can't manage to do it for cops busting into the wrong home and gunning down the person who lives there. Crazier still that firing into the apartments of white neighbors did warrant charges, even though firing into a black woman's body didn't.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:50 pm No murder charges in Beronna Taylor case. IMO, correct call according to the law but cities are going to burn.
I don't mean to sound like a complete lunatic, but this reads to me no different than, "I know Whitey done an injustice, but them laws Whitey wrote? They absolve him of culpability, therefore any repercussions he is made to face are by definition unjust! Any resulting unrest is all the fault of the Negroes and commies who refuse to abide by the law."

Which I do not believe you can possibly mean. Not because I am incredulous that anyone could believe that, but because I don't think that's how you think.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

mean wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:50 pm No murder charges in Beronna Taylor case. IMO, correct call according to the law but cities are going to burn.
I don't mean to sound like a complete lunatic, but this reads to me no different than, "I know Whitey done an injustice, but them laws Whitey wrote? They absolve him of culpability, therefore any repercussions he is made to face are by definition unjust! Any resulting unrest is all the fault of the Negroes and commies who refuse to abide by the law."

Which I do not believe you can possibly mean. Not because I am incredulous that anyone could believe that, but because I don't think that's how you think.
I think according to the law in Kentucky as I understand it, they did the right thing according to the system in place. Laws can’t be bent because a tragedy happened and it’s sad.

They served a warrant, someone in the home shot the first round. That’s essentially a legal green light for the police to return fire. There’s of course an argument for neglect and a piss poor job with the intel, but that should lay at the feet of the department and investigators. Also, that’s a civil issue which has already been settled.