medical marijuana

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: medical marijuana

Post by chingon »

scooterj wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:39 am
warwickland wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:53 am illinois legalized full recreational use and sale, including the metro east of st. louis. not sure how that will influence missouri, yet.
Since anything opening in the east suburbs of St. Louis will be making most of their fortune off Missouri residents (I jest, of course, nobody will do that because that would be illegal :lol: ) maybe Missouri will see the light (or $$$$) and realize they need to adapt and modernize to stay competitive.
I would bet marijuana will be federally legal before Missouri legalizes.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

So, apparently, KCMO has been accepting permit applications for medical marijuana facilities for a little while now. As far as I know, the state hasn't issued any licenses yet, so I guess all of these are preemptive.

If you search for marijuana in the description for permits on Compass, you get 136 results, including dispensaries, cultivation, infusion, and testing facilities.

There are a whole bunch in the Crossroads, as well as Westport/Midtown/39th St (no surprise on those). I only saw one example that looked like it might be taking the place of a CBD or vape shop.

I would imagine that not all of these places will get their licenses from the state (and if they did, some areas might be oversaturated), but it looks like the impact on the commercial real estate market could be significant.

Here are some of the addresses in the urban core with applications. All listed are dispensaries, unless otherwise noted.

1610 W 39th St. This is the address for KC Smoke Burgers. The name seems more appropriate now. I wonder if they would close, or if there is another area in the building to open the dispensary.

601 E 3rd St. An industrial/warehouse looking building right by the Heart of America Bridge.

1421 Wabash Ave. This is a bit of an odd one. It is currently an office for a large HVAC company (R-Mech). They have other buildings in the area, so I guess this one was surplus. Kind of an odd, isolated area, but not too far from 18th and Vine.

3923 Main St. The old Urban Mining location.

606 W 17th St. Currently Macy's Concrete and Construction.

720 N Agnes Ave. Cultivation and manufacturing in the East Bottoms

2021 Washington St. Cultivation and manufacturing.

3159 Terrace St. Cultivation.

500 Delaware St. I know there is a CBD shop in that building, but I'm not sure if this would be taking it's place, or going in another spot.

4116 Broadway Blvd. The old Marrakech Cafe building.

3851 Woodland Ave for dispensary and 1808 E 39th St for cultivation. Vacant buildings.

1600 Cherry St. Former Late Show Gallery space.

1315 W 12th St. Ferguson Plumbing in the West Bottoms. Dispensary, and separate cultivation and manufacturing facilities.

4050 Pennsylvania Ave. Westport Manor Square. Not sure which spot exactly.

3001 Nicholson Ave. Cultivation and infusion in East Bottoms.

1805 Locust St - Busy Bee Cafe building

4451 Belleview Ave. Former SoundFX building.

410 Archibald Ave. Little building across from Julep. I believe it has been offices.

3800 Summit St. Most recently a laptop repair shop.

3012 Prospect Ave. Vacant Lot. Looks like there used to be an old abandoned gas station that was torn down not too long ago.

5228 E Truman Rd. Vacant store front.

1310 Guinotte Ave. Manufacturing facility. Fabulous Fish is in that building, but there is probably some more space.

1520 E Truman Rd. Warehouse/industrial building that I think has been long vacant.

1716 W 39th St. Former laundromat.

240 E Linwood Blvd. Currently a Metro PCS store.

5500 Independence Ave. Former auto parts store.

3820 Broadway Blvd
. Building north of Broadway Butcher. Has been offices.

6212 Independence Ave. I guess this is one of the buildings east of El Torito 3 that is now part of a car lot.

3703 Summit St. Initial -shoe shop (I think is still open) next to Freshwater.

1513 Grand Blvd. Former Koko Thai spot.

1531 Charlotte St. Dispensary and manufacturing. Warehouse building, not sure of past uses.

1724 Garfield Ave. Cultivation and manufacturing facility in vacant industrial/warehouse building.

3744 Broadway Blvd. Former tire shop.

1735 Oak St. I believe it was most recently a photography studio.

520 Southwest Blvd. Former Mixing Bowl Noshery.

709 Forest Ave. Manufacturing in a warehouse looking building.

1710 Walnut St. I believe it has been offices.

2911 Belleview Ave. Cultivation facility in a warehouse building.

209 W 19th Ter. Formerly 20th Century Lighting

2127 E Front St. Cultivation and manufacturing in a warehouse building. Seems like the East Bottoms could be a hub for that.

2045 Broadway Blvd. Former Architectural Salvage.

25 E 12th St Unit: STE 405. In the Chambers Lofts building. Will it open before Pickelman's?

335 Southwest Blvd.
Next to Cafe Grattitude. I think this was also part of Architectural Salvage, which the new owner may be splitting back into two spaces.

1206 W 39th St. Old house next to Meshuggah Bagels (previously reported on kcrag)

410 W 5th St. Was Midwest Technology Connection office. Dispensary, extraction, and manufacturing.

1718 Brooklyn Ave. Little brick building, not sure what it has been.

4021 Pennsylvania Ave. I guess this is the storage building behind Cancun Fiesta Fresh. I don't think there has ever been retail in that building.

125 E Linwood Blvd. Appears to be the vacant pad site next to the Taco Bell.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The Busy Bee has been mentioned, too.
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Future medical marijuana millionaires.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Here is a map plotting out all of the Missouri license applications. You can see there are a good number that weren't on my list of those who have applied for city permits.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 18748&z=11