Poster Size Photos

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Poster Size Photos

Post by kucer »

I'm looking for places in KC that would take a digital photo and make it poster sized. Not looking for it to be framed, but would like the photo "wrapped" around a 1.5" matte. Not sure on a size until I can get some prices. It will likely go above a couch. Right now all I can find is online places, but I would prefer to have someone local do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Poster Size Photos

Post by PumpkinStalker »

No experience with it, but there's a place in the Crossroads west of the Cashew.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Digital Labrador in the Crossroads. They're pricey though, but good.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Digital Design 301 E. 31st
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Digital Labrador will give you the best quality, but is likely the most expensive. H&H (in Raytown) will give quality prints, don't know their price for that size. In the crossroads, Digigraf Express, on 20th and Walnut. You can get it done cheapest at Kinko's. Custom Color at 19th Terr. and Central will do a nice, expensive job, but if they decide that your subject is not morally acceptable, they will not print it (i.e., nudity); so, I would only suggest you go there if it is the last place on earth.
http://www.hhcolorlab.com/
http://www.digitallabrador.com/
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

kucer wrote: I'm looking for places in KC that would take a digital photo and make it poster sized. Not looking for it to be framed, but would like the photo "wrapped" around a 1.5" matte. Not sure on a size until I can get some prices. It will likely go above a couch. Right now all I can find is online places, but I would prefer to have someone local do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Try rjb-arts.com  He can do anything, is reasonable and open to pretty much any idea you have. Looks like he is working on his website.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

Go to Photographix Unlimited by I-29 and Barry Road. They make very nice prints and have some very reasonable prices.

You can also go to Ritz if you want something cheaper. I've had some pretty decent up to 20 or 24". They will go bigger. I've had a few problems with my monitor not being in sync with their equipment. What I saw at home was not what I got when I went to the store. I usually have the most probs with black and whites at Ritz. My blacks will print out gray. I need to figure out how to calibrate my monitor. It's probably best to have the place print a smaller size first to make sure the colors are accurate.

You basically get what you pay...
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

I have used www.perfectposters.com many times. They are very cheap compared to any physical store. 24x16 costs $10. 48x32 costs $40. Try getting that at Ritz (I should know, I worked there). And the quality is quite good. I recommend their glossy paper for the best colors unless you don't want glossy, in which case matte or satin are acceptable.