Tammy Faye Messner moving to KCK

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Tammy Faye Messner moving to KCK

Post by AllThingsKC »

This is from The Star's web site today...

Tammy Faye Messner moving to Kansas City, Kan.
Tammy Faye Messner has told “Entertainment Tonight” that she is leaving her home in North Carolina and is moving to Kansas City, Kan.

Messner is a Christian singer, evangelist, entrepreneur, author, talk show hostess, and a prominent American television personality. She is the former wife of televangelist, and later convicted felon, Jim Bakker. With Bakker she co-hosted “The PTL Club” from 1976 to 1987.

The entertainment-news television show reported that Messner’s husband, builder Roe Messner is building her “dream home” in Kansas City, Kan., to be closer his children and grandchildren, who live in Wichita.

Tammy Faye Messner is fighting colon and lung cancer, and doctors have stopped treatment. She’s been receiving hospice care since May.

Messner told “ET” that some days she doesn’t feel she can get out of bed.

“I would say I’m in pain almost 100 percent of the time,” she said in a telephone interview. “My back hurts, so I had to go to a wheelchair. And I have a very bad tummy all the time.”

Information for this article was provided by The Charlotte Observer
KC is the way to be!
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Tammy Faye Messner moving to KCK

Post by scooterj »

I'm confused, last night channel 9 said she was moving to Loch Lloyd.  Last I heard that was in Missouri and was its own incorporated village.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

scooterj wrote: I'm confused, last night channel 9 said she was moving to Loch Lloyd.  Last I heard that was in Missouri and was its own incorporated village.
Generally I think that people who complain that people in the rest of the country think that Kansas City is all in Kansas are paranoids who see one or two examples as evidence of a national trend (Grid), but, in this case, its Entertainment Tonight!  You can't really expect them to know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to anything other than Paris Hilton or Anna Nichole Smith's baby/ baby's daddy 1/ baby's daddy 2/ baby's daddy 3 etc.!
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

In this case, though, unless Channel 9 is who was wrong, the Star is reprinting a story of local interest without doing any fact chekcing.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

What does this have to do with Paris Hilton?

Maybe she can join Willie Aames and that weird kid from "Home Improvement" and form a "former celeb" compound in KC.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Tammy Faye is dying, she doesn't even weigh 80 pounds. I don't think she's going to joining a "former celeb" compound. Personally, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers her way, and hope her final days are as peaceful and pain free as possible.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

My prayers are also with Tammy Feye Messner. A person of her stature being stricken down like that hurts.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
vauxhall
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by vauxhall »

My prayers are also with Tammy Feye Messner. A person of her stature being stricken down like that hurts.  Posted on: Yesterday at 08:21:32 PMPosted by: tat2kc 

How can I say this without sounding harsh?  Stature?  Tammy is a mess and a phony.  IMO, most televagelists are crooks and narcissists.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

anniewarbucks wrote: My prayers are also with Tammy Feye Messner. A person of her stature being stricken down like that hurts.
She's no more important than you or anyone else.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: She's no more important than you or anyone else.
Exactly.

I hate it when Americans elevate fellow Americans, usually of celeb status, upon their demise or death.  I always like to ask people who are holding back tears....."Would Derrick Thomas care if YOU died?"
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

vauxhall wrote: My prayers are also with Tammy Feye Messner. A person of her stature being stricken down like that hurts.  Posted on: Yesterday at 08:21:32 PMPosted by: tat2kc 

How can I say this without sounding harsh?  Stature?  Tammy is a mess and a phony.  IMO, most televagelists are crooks and narcissists.
Why are you attributing this quote to me? I never said it. I said that I hope her final days are peaceful and pain free. Funny how that turned into an attempt to bash her.

And what the hell does that have to do with Derrick Thomas? Maitre D, you've got more baggage than almost anyone on here! wow. 
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
briantsmith25
New York Life
New York Life

Post by briantsmith25 »

KCMax wrote: that weird kid from "Home Improvement"
He lives here?
Dream as if you will live forever... Live as if you were to die today..
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

tat2kc wrote: And what the hell does that have to do with Derrick Thomas? Maitre D, you've got more baggage than almost anyone on here! wow. 

You didn't follow the analogy, I see.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Tammy Faye Messner dies at 65

RALEIGH, N.C. - Tammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then watched it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs. She died peacefully Friday at her home near Kansas City, Mo., said Joe Spotts, her manager and booking agent.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

God bless her.
KC is the way to be!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

At least the funeral director won't have much work to do as far as slathering her face with makeup.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote: At least the funeral director won't have much work to do as far as slathering her face with makeup.
You're correct there.  She's being cremated. 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I apologize for my tasteless 3AM joke.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I kinda had a feeling she had that interview with Larry King because she knew she was peacin' out soon. I think she wanted to get that out of the way before she left.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

MidWestSider wrote: Messner had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs. She died peacefully Friday at her home near Kansas City, Mo., said Joe Spotts, her manager and booking agent.
Um, isn't colon cancer unbelievably, excruciatingly painful? I think even under the influence of mind-destroying narcotics it'd still be impossible to "die peacefully," of such an awful affliction.