Thoughts on Riverbend & Coffee Lofts ?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
the_muse
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Thoughts on Riverbend & Coffee Lofts ?

Post by the_muse »

Is there a company that represents rental units in these lofts?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Not in the Coffee Lofts. There are probably some units for rent, but you would need to contact the unit's owner.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

the_muse wrote: Is there a company that represents rental units in these lofts?
Not for Riverbend either. You can use Boveri, that's what we did. But I don't believe there is one single company providing representation.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
the_muse
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by the_muse »

Thanks so much. I had Boveri on my short list of management companies to talk with. They seem to represent a lot of condos and multi-unit buildings for rent. Any advice on them or other rental companies is appreciated (you can email me rather than derail this thread!)
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

the_muse wrote: Thanks so much. I had Boveri on my short list of management companies to talk with. They seem to represent a lot of condos and multi-unit buildings for rent. Any advice on them or other rental companies is appreciated (you can email me rather than derail this thread!)
Though I did use Boveri, I found them to be slightly flaky. They are helpful, and I would use them again, but I felt like a freaking taskmaster trying to keep our agent focused on getting us into a place. Again, though, I'd use them again. It seemed some of the other companies only place you in their own buildings--Boveri seemed to be able to place us wherever.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

As neither of those buildings are rental complexes, you have to deal individually with the units' owners. Some have hired Boveri(and other companies) to broker the deals for them(and charge a lot more than the market rate), but most of the units that are for rent are on a basis where the tenant pays the owner.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

bahua wrote: As neither of those buildings are rental complexes, you have to deal individually with the units' owners. Some have hired Boveri(and other companies) to broker the deals for them(and charge a lot more than the market rate), but most of the units that are for rent are on a basis where the tenant pays the owner.
But you can still go through Boveri oftentimes to find out about units for rent in the building. We pay rent to the owner of our unit but used Boveri to locate the unit originally. Boveri does not charge the tenant, not sure what the charging scheme is for the owner. Probably a percent of lease rent.
the_muse
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by the_muse »

Thank you for the input. I'm heading into town for the first time next week, and will be looking at neighborhoods, condos etc. for a possible move in late summer. I'm trying to get a sense of the neighborhoods, rental rates, and lifestyle. Both this forum and the city-data forums have been very informative, so I have an idea of what areas to focus on during my short stay next week.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

the_muse wrote: Thank you for the input. I'm heading into town for the first time next week, and will be looking at neighborhoods, condos etc. for a possible move in late summer. I'm trying to get a sense of the neighborhoods, rental rates, and lifestyle. Both this forum and the city-data forums have been very informative, so I have an idea of what areas to focus on during my short stay next week.
My girlfriend and I love living in the River Market. Good bars and restaurants in the neighborhood not to mention walking distance to the loop. Happy searching!
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

have you looked at craigslist?  i just randomly took a spin on there and saw about 25 lofts for rent all over downtown at very reasonable rates.
the_muse
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by the_muse »

yes! In fact, I was just in town the past few days, and have a good sense of the neighborhoods and areas I'd like to consider. I probably won't be moving to town until August, so it is a little early - I'm just getting an idea of prices and neighborhoods that would meet my needs.

Nice city that you have there!
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

SMH, you're in Riverbend? We're neighbors.