describe your dwelling, neighborhood, etc.

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: describe your dwelling, neighborhood, etc.

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

chrizow wrote: * describe your dwelling.
* describe your neighborhood.
* why did you choose to buy/rent there?
* list a couple pros and cons about where you live.
* would you recommend your living arrangement to others?
* etc.
Goodbye KCMO.  Next month will be moving further south, to Raymore.
*Nice, young two story home, four bedrooms, three car garage, finished walkout basement, backyard adjoins greenspace and walking trail, next door to community pool, across the street from grade school, one of the bedrooms has an attached room where we can put the grandkinds playthings and toys, and a big kitchen with island and hearth room with stone see-through fireplace.  Plenty of storage.
*Still growing neighborhood but much like others around development has slowed but should pick up when the housing market rebounds.  Many young families with young kids for the grandkids to play with when they visit us.
*It is a house that when my wife and I walked in we both said "this is the one".  We didn't have to move and keep telling our friends we don't know why we are doing this but the prices of real estate is really great now.  Yes, our current home has gone down in value also but we still, for the price spread, have found a good deal.
*Further out than before (from Red Bridge) but for our needs it puts us closer to many things we shop for and need.  Plus, when the new 71 highway interchange is completed we will be 15 minutes closer to the lake than now.  Overall just a gret location.
*If you like this type of living then you would love it.  If not you would hate it.
*We figure we have about 10 to 15 years in this new house.  With the pool and school nearby with a top level school district we figure this house will be an easy sell when we put it back on the market.  And expect any price appreciation to be greater with this new house than with the Red Bridge area house.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Have you been able to sell your existing home?
kclofter
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kclofter »

KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

kclofter wrote: p61 online
Nice.  Just read that issue a couple days ago.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

GRID wrote: Have you been able to sell your existing home?
Haven't even tried at this time.  Will take us some time to move out and then will spend some time modernizing and fixing up the old home.  Should be on the market right before school ends (and hopefully our politicans can have some valid plan in place to encourage home sales).  At the same time, though, will be talking to neighbors, especially the police officers and firefighters, to see if they know of someone that might want to move into the area.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

* describe your dwelling.
1917 1700 sq. ft. Tudor Bungalow with a well done popped top.

* describe your neighborhood.
Brookside- next door to where Pretty Boy Floyd stayed in the days leading to the Union Station massacre.  Small park around the corner.

* why did you choose to buy/rent there?
About a block from where I grew up, I had a primal moment post-divorce.

* list a couple pros and cons about where you live.
Pros- awesome neighbors, variety of cool houses, few blocks from Brookside shops.
Cons- pretty expensive, no garage, sketchy electric system,upstairs is hot and cold in the summer/winter, water runs rusty from the sink at first, schools suck.
* would you recommend your living arrangement to others?
Absolutely.
* etc.
I know of 3 neighbors who owned their house when my parents moved in down the street in 1961.  Many kids bought their parents house or nearby.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Goodbye KCMO.  Next month will be moving further south, to Raymore.
*Nice, young two story home, four bedrooms, three car garage, finished walkout basement, backyard adjoins greenspace and walking trail, next door to community pool, across the street from grade school, one of the bedrooms has an attached room where we can put the grandkinds playthings and toys, and a big kitchen with island and hearth room with stone see-through fireplace.  Plenty of storage.
*Still growing neighborhood but much like others around development has slowed but should pick up when the housing market rebounds.  Many young families with young kids for the grandkids to play with when they visit us.
*It is a house that when my wife and I walked in we both said "this is the one".  We didn't have to move and keep telling our friends we don't know why we are doing this but the prices of real estate is really great now.  Yes, our current home has gone down in value also but we still, for the price spread, have found a good deal.
*Further out than before (from Red Bridge) but for our needs it puts us closer to many things we shop for and need.  Plus, when the new 71 highway interchange is completed we will be 15 minutes closer to the lake than now.  Overall just a gret location.
*If you like this type of living then you would love it.  If not you would hate it.*We figure we have about 10 to 15 years in this new house.  With the pool and school nearby with a top level school district we figure this house will be an easy sell when we put it back on the market.  And expect any price appreciation to be greater with this new house than with the Red Bridge area house.
I know I'm a couple days late, but man, this sentence just really inspired me.