P&L District: 13th & Baltimore site proposal

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: P&L District: 13th & Baltimore site proposal

Post by KCPowercat »

I could give P&L about 1000 bigger smaller problems is I guess what I'm saying....obviously still fine to discuss but I don't see it as a "giant hole" as you described it earlier.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote:I could give P&L about 1000 bigger smaller problems is I guess what I'm saying....obviously still fine to discuss but I don't see it as a "giant hole" as you described it earlier.
My apologies for the hyperbole. I should have said that it is a hole in the street fabric that makes that particular block less appealing for pedestrians because it is an inactive space. While there are many inactive spaces on Kansas City, Missouri streets, this is one in particular that sticks out to me as open to a quick remedy.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Agreed...there is zero reason to be on that street as a pedestrian north of President...it sad.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i love murals.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Caught a rumor that another store is coming soon for this block and it would be something that would get everybody excited. Seemed to indicate a clothing store.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote:Caught a rumor that another store is coming soon for this block and it would be something that would get everybody excited. Seemed to indicate a clothing store.
Any word on a timeline? Great to hear, even if it's just rumor at this point!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Came from a pretty good source but no mention of timeframe. Seemed to be sooner rather than later. Lots of info I know :)
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote:Came from a pretty good source but no mention of timeframe. Seemed to be sooner rather than later. Lots of info I know :)
Comforting nonetheless. ;-)
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Some more empty space is being filled. This is the space on the southwest corner of 13th & Main. (Technically, this is the 13th & Baltimore block)

Tenant finish permit for the space at 1300 Main just came through today. Yard House Restaurant is the tenant.

KCDowntown

Downtown Development Map
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

KCDowntown wrote:Some more empty space is being filled. This is the space on the southwest corner of 13th & Main. (Technically, this is the 13th & Baltimore block)

Tenant finish permit for the space at 1300 Main just came through today. Yard House Restaurant is the tenant.

KCDowntown

Downtown Development Map
That's a pretty bold location for a Yard House, given that's a whopping 1+ block from the Flying Saucer. We're approaching Starbucks levels of (chain) beer bar saturation in P&L. :-)
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCDowntown wrote:Some more empty space is being filled. This is the space on the southwest corner of 13th & Main. (Technically, this is the 13th & Baltimore block)

KCDowntown

Downtown Development Map
Glad to hear it. Don't know that I'll be much of a Yardhouse patron, but I'm glad to see the space filled with a tenant that will surely generate some additional (stumbling?) foot traffic.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

swid wrote:

KCDowntown

Downtown Development Map
That's a pretty bold location for a Yard House, given that's a whopping 1+ block from the Flying Saucer. We're approaching Starbucks levels of (chain) beer bar saturation in P&L. :-)
That is a very bold location. They are essentially the exact same concept. I've been to flying saucer maybe twice so I doubt I'll ever go to yardhouse.

None the less, Glad to have new blood in a currently empty location.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

If Yardhouse is the same folks as at the legends, it's more restaurant oriented, akin to Gordon Bierch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Better than a blank wall but pretty "meh" on this one. Would have preferred little more unique concept.
mykn

Post by mykn »

Not sure if I'll go there given the better bars in the area but I'm sure it will be a huge draw given how busy the one in the legends is. I've liked it when I've gone in the past, and it seems to be a bit more of a sports bar than the flying saucer is. Or at least that's the perception I have of it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

mykn wrote:Not sure if I'll go there given the better bars in the area but I'm sure it will be a huge draw given how busy the one in the legends is. I've liked it when I've gone in the past, and it seems to be a bit more of a sports bar than the flying saucer is. Or at least that's the perception I have of it.
Food seemed to be the suck and expensive the time I tried it at Legends....
mykn

Post by mykn »

KCPowercat wrote:
mykn wrote:Not sure if I'll go there given the better bars in the area but I'm sure it will be a huge draw given how busy the one in the legends is. I've liked it when I've gone in the past, and it seems to be a bit more of a sports bar than the flying saucer is. Or at least that's the perception I have of it.
Food seemed to be the suck and expensive the time I tried it at Legends....
I've only had their Gardein burgers and they were alright for a veggie burger at a chain. Nowhere near a Westside Local but better than a lot of junk I've had at places. I couldn't comment on their other food.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

You broke news. Collison picked up the story.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/23/50 ... light.html
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That's what this site is famous for!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

How hard would it be to sign a Gap type store? A nice general clothing store would be a nice amenity to add.