Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
langosta
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 am

Four Light

Post by langosta » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am

Rumored to be 35 floors, confirmed by multiple sources (including Cordish renderings) to contain both a hotel and residential offerings. A recent Downtown KC release pegged this project at 300 units of residential plus the hotel making this one of downtowns biggest vertical projects in decades. A well connected KCRAGGER has said that this project is expected to start while 3 Light is under construction.

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Four Light

Post by earthling » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am

A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?

DColeKC
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Four Light

Post by DColeKC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am

earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.

Riverite
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: Four Light

Post by Riverite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am

DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
So there will be two Lowe’s hotels?

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7817
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Four Light

Post by flyingember » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 am

DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
It totally wouldn't be a conflict. The brand could sell both spaces to conventions at different price points. A single convention could put their executives in one hotel and everyone else in another

langosta
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Four Light

Post by langosta » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:06 pm

DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
Are you able to share an updated floor count (range is fine)?

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14209
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Four Light

Post by FangKC » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

Riverite wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am
DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
So there will be two Lowe’s hotels?
Yes. One hotel will also sell home improvement supplies. I think he means Loews Hotels.

DColeKC
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Four Light

Post by DColeKC » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 am

FangKC wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am
Riverite wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am
DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am


It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
So there will be two Lowe’s hotels?
Yes. One hotel will also sell home improvement supplies. I think he means Loews Hotels.
iPhone autocorrect fail. I do mean Loews!

User avatar
normalthings
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Four Light

Post by normalthings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

langosta wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:06 pm
DColeKC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
earthling wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am
A W or similar hotel would be nice. Does 35 floors include garage?
It may also end up being a “Live by Lowe’s” hotel which is a newer partnership with Cordish and Lowes. I’m not sure the convention center hotel is a conflict since they’re very different concepts and customers.

Check out the one in Arlington that just opened, very nice hotel.
Are you able to share an updated floor count (range is fine)?
^^ seconded

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Four Light

Post by earthling » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 am

Is common for hoteliers to bundle different products close to each other, like Westin/Sheraton near each other. Marriott especially tend to bunch up various product lines near each other. However this could be confusing given Loews name would be used for both and P&L has a Live district.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 29606
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Four Light

Post by KCPowercat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:00 am

Very common for Marriott brands.

langosta
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Four Light

Post by langosta » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:55 am

langosta wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am
Rumored to be 35 floors, confirmed by multiple sources (including Cordish renderings) to contain both a hotel and residential offerings. A recent Downtown KC release pegged this project at 300 units of residential plus the hotel making this one of downtowns biggest vertical projects in decades. A well connected KCRAGGER has said that this project is expected to start while 3 Light is under construction.
Cordish is seriously considering moving forward early based on how well the condo portion of Three Light does. A hotel will likely happen but subject to change as Loews CC comes online.

langosta
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Four Light

Post by langosta » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:16 pm

langosta wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:55 am
langosta wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am
Rumored to be 35 floors, confirmed by multiple sources (including Cordish renderings) to contain both a hotel and residential offerings. A recent Downtown KC release pegged this project at 300 units of residential plus the hotel making this one of downtowns biggest vertical projects in decades. A well connected KCRAGGER has said that this project is expected to start while 3 Light is under construction.
Cordish is seriously considering moving forward early based on how well the condo portion of Three Light does. A hotel will likely happen but subject to change as Loews CC comes online.
Construction is planned to commence once 3 Light starts pre-leasing and pre-selling units. Sounds like they seriously plan on starting this project while 3 Light is under construction.

kboish
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2581
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: West Plaza

Re: Four Light

Post by kboish » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:31 pm

langosta wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:16 pm
langosta wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:55 am
langosta wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am
Rumored to be 35 floors, confirmed by multiple sources (including Cordish renderings) to contain both a hotel and residential offerings. A recent Downtown KC release pegged this project at 300 units of residential plus the hotel making this one of downtowns biggest vertical projects in decades. A well connected KCRAGGER has said that this project is expected to start while 3 Light is under construction.
Cordish is seriously considering moving forward early based on how well the condo portion of Three Light does. A hotel will likely happen but subject to change as Loews CC comes online.
Construction is planned to commence once 3 Light starts pre-leasing and pre-selling units. Sounds like they seriously plan on starting this project while 3 Light is under construction.
What are they saying about 3-light? When will that get started?

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4237
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: downtown

Re: Four Light

Post by moderne » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 pm

Hope 4 undergoes a dramatic design change from earlier renditions as much as 3 did. Would like to see the main bulk and height oriented north-south with the footage directly south of the Mainstreet being much lower than the other Lights.

DColeKC
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Four Light

Post by DColeKC » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

moderne wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Hope 4 undergoes a dramatic design change from earlier renditions as much as 3 did. Would like to see the main bulk and height oriented north-south with the footage directly south of the Mainstreet being much lower than the other Lights.
4 will for sure be different than the past renderings. Likely dramatically.

User avatar
GRID
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14438
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Four Light

Post by GRID » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:46 am

moderne wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Hope 4 undergoes a dramatic design change from earlier renditions as much as 3 did. Would like to see the main bulk and height oriented north-south with the footage directly south of the Mainstreet being much lower than the other Lights.
That would make a huge difference. Hopefully they do something like that.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7817
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Four Light

Post by flyingember » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:47 am

DColeKC wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am
moderne wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Hope 4 undergoes a dramatic design change from earlier renditions as much as 3 did. Would like to see the main bulk and height oriented north-south with the footage directly south of the Mainstreet being much lower than the other Lights.
4 will for sure be different than the past renderings. Likely dramatically.
The designs so far are more iterations on the same thing.

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Four Light

Post by earthling » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

Would be nice if different material than 'all glass', or maybe radically different color glass... and not just a different design. Red glass buildings are pretty rare.

Image

Red panel mixed with dark glass can be striking...
Image

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14209
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Four Light

Post by FangKC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:07 am

earthling wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am
Image
I like these contrasting red glass panels.

Post Reply