Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 am New York City can figure out how to keep sidewalks open, we build one building and 3 sidewalks close, I'm sure the 2 Light people will love their front door blocked. smh.
I believe the area in front of two lights entrance will be kept clear according to the traffic plan I saw.
I mean of course it will. Screw the other pedestrians but not those who are paying to rent our places. I don't blame Cordish, it's on the city to enforce their own rules.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:25 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 am New York City can figure out how to keep sidewalks open, we build one building and 3 sidewalks close, I'm sure the 2 Light people will love their front door blocked. smh.
I believe the area in front of two lights entrance will be kept clear according to the traffic plan I saw.
I mean of course it will. Screw the other pedestrians but not those who are paying to rent our places. I don't blame Cordish, it's on the city to enforce their own rules.
Does KCMO not require those covered sidewalk things?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

This is from the fall but shows all of the phases of fencing and traffic control. Even shows a covered walkway along main. It is possible that the sidewalk will be open but covered during structural construction and then closed similar to the City Club Project.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

normalthings wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm This is from the fall but shows all of the phases of fencing and traffic control. Even shows a covered walkway along main. It is possible that the sidewalk will be open but covered during structural construction and then closed similar to the City Club Project.

Sounds pretty normal. It's not like the streets are wide or busy around it. pretty easy to cross over and use other side for short periods.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

What's incredible, it looks like they're maintaining the sidewalk along Main.

Just do that on all three streets
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

flyingember wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:06 am What's incredible, it looks like they're maintaining the sidewalk along Main.

Just do that on all three streets
But where would the workers park their trucks? /s
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Three Light and the Midland are going back before the city council again later this month. @normalthings @DCOLEKC Why is this needed?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Will be interesting to see if this actually breaks ground this year given rising building materials costs and shortages, as well as appliances. Maybe they already have all materials secured but some design changes based on what's available wouldn't be surprising - for any project anywhere close to breaking ground and planning to move forward.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

I think everything's already been bid so Cordish may be insulated from the most recent price increases.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

normalthings wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:32 am I think everything's already been bid so Cordish may be insulated from the most recent price increases.
That doesn't mean things can't fall apart or contractors can't walk away from it. I still can't believe how long it has taken to get this thing up. I wonder what all the delays have cost this development?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

COnstruction start May
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The Baltimore-based developer anticipates a May construction start for Three Light, its long-planned $140.3 million urban luxury apartment building northwest of Truman Road and Walnut Street.

The Three Light tower will span 26 stories, with 288 studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse apartments across 19 floors, plus a seven-story garage with 472 parking spaces and 7,600 square feet of first floor retail space.

At 301 feet, Three Light will stand slightly taller than its compatriots — the 25-story, 307-unit One Light, which opened in 2015; and the 24-story, 296-unit Two Light, which opened three years later.

Both buildings remained at 95% occupancy through the pandemic, the Cordish release said.

Three Light is expected to open in May 2023.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ments.html
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Passers-by soon will see workers set up two construction cranes in the Kansas City Power & Light District — "a sign of new growth and energy Downtown, following an incredibly challenging year," Nick Benjamin, the district's executive director and Cordish's managing director of multifamily development, said in a Wednesday release.
Did Cordish get it wrong or is Strata also moving forward or?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

normalthings wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:09 pm
Passers-by soon will see workers set up two construction cranes in the Kansas City Power & Light District — "a sign of new growth and energy Downtown, following an incredibly challenging year," Nick Benjamin, the district's executive director and Cordish's managing director of multifamily development, said in a Wednesday release.
Did Cordish get it wrong or is Strata also moving forward or?
Maybe he meant second? Given the Building Formerly Known as W&R?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I remain quite pleased they heeded my suggestion on the 3.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

The press release was sent to me by accident (because I have my own blog in St. Louis). So I'll post the full size renderings that came with it. There wasn't any new information in the Press Release about 3 Light that we didn't already know. 20% of the units in Three Light are priced below the 80% of AMI threshold

To download the full rendering size, you should be able to click on any of these images and be taken to my Flickr. From there, you should be able to download the full size.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

smh wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 pm I remain quite pleased they heeded my suggestion on the 3.
sus
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:21 pm
smh wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 pm I remain quite pleased they heeded my suggestion on the 3.
sus
:lol: :lol: :lol:
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

So the only height difference from 2 Light is the slanted parapet?