Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Three Light

Post by Chris Stritzel »

One Cardinal Way looks way too dark to me. I see it daily when going to my job and it honestly feels too dark. It's a good project and I'm happy it was built but it just feels dark.

As for condos going away at 3 Light, that's really unfortunate. It would've been a good time to test the waters for new build condos in the Downtown KC market. If they were successful, which I expected them to be, I believed it would've led to other condo projects popping up.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

When is this project going to happen?

Also of interest, Cordish registered an LLC for investors in this project earlier this year.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:40 pm When is this project going to happen?

Also of interest, Cordish registered an LLC for investors in this project earlier this year.
I heard that the project is currently being rebid to multiple parties, apparently Cordish is looking to switch up their construction contractor or at least test the market with the fall off in construction activity. Supposedly it is still on for a start later this year after the bid cycle is complete.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

jasty5 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:58 am
normalthings wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:40 pm When is this project going to happen?

I heard that the project is currently being rebid to multiple parties, apparently Cordish is looking to switch up their construction contractor or at least test the market with the fall off in construction activity. Supposedly it is still on for a start later this year after the bid cycle is complete.
McG has been trying to get these projects for some time. Is B&M bidding on this?

If 3L is without JD, Id assume their supposed Calverts project won’t be with Cordish.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

With the delay (thanks city council), there’s been too much time between the original bids and project start. Will likely end up being JD again but if not, that relationship won’t be damaged. JD has been buying up property left and right.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Cordish also made some changes.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:12 am Cordish also made some changes.
Can you share?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

langosta wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:55 am
Can you share?
The biggest design change is the exterior. Black metal framing and darker windows. Which will make it look drastically different than 1 and 2.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm
langosta wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:55 am
Can you share?
The biggest design change is the exterior. Black metal framing and darker windows. Which will make it look drastically different than 1 and 2.
What was the reason for the change?

At one time I suggested this here. :lol: :lol:
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Scary situation. Apparently someone shot out a few windows on the south facing side of the building early this morning. I did hear gun shots come from S.Truman around 1am.

Makes me a bit nervous.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:54 am Scary situation. Apparently someone shot out a few windows on the south facing side of the building early this morning. I did hear gun shots come from S.Truman around 1am.

Makes me a bit nervous.
They shot out a non-existent window?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 am
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:54 am Scary situation. Apparently someone shot out a few windows on the south facing side of the building early this morning. I did hear gun shots come from S.Truman around 1am.

Makes me a bit nervous.
From the south side of the road you can see pretty much the entire south side of the tower
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Makes me a bit nervous.
They think it came from the highway at this point. 10th floor window towards the center of the building.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

=P~
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Makes me a bit nervous.
They think it came from the highway at this point. 10th floor window towards the center of the building.
That cap cannot come soon enough
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Are we talking about two light?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm Are we talking about two light?
Shit yes. I accidentally posted in the wrong thread. My bad.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Makes me a bit nervous.
Isn’t that around the same place where a resident shot his own window out before?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Isn’t that around the same place where a resident shot his own window out before?
lol, that was the north side!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Remote work could be a huge boon for Cordish. Offer luxury the average coastal worker can’t afford for prices cheaper than their current rent.
Gigabit speeds with a short link to the downtown data centers/long lines could be a huge selling point that other cities don’t have.

Cordish could put a few hundred dollars into marketing 3 Light in the coasts.

“Luxury Coastal Living at Midwestern Prices. Adjacent to light rail station and a 10 minute walk to 200 acres of park land. 1 GB/S internet means remote work will be a breeze.”
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:42 am Remote work could be a huge boon for Cordish. Offer luxury the average coastal worker can’t afford for prices cheaper than their current rent.
Gigabit speeds with a short link to the downtown data centers/long lines could be a huge selling point that other cities don’t have.

Cordish could put a few hundred dollars into marketing 3 Light in the coasts.

“Luxury Coastal Living at Midwestern Prices. Adjacent to light rail station and a 10 minute walk to 200 acres of park land. 1 GB/S internet means remote work will be a breeze.”
Could work for the right people. Personally, we're moving out at the end of the month. With WFH and only being able to justify the cost of a studio here, its not large enough for two people WFH. Add in COVID and the fact that the amenities are pretty much shut down/dangerous, its hard to justify the premium prices.