Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by DaveKCMO »

Back on topic. I'm about to delete all of the unrelated posts...
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:56 pm Offended? Not following.

Maybe let's reset this discussion. What are we trying to fix? All I've seen is claims of people don't ride the bus because drunk homeless are around bus stops.
You can't get out of your own way here.
Not a great way to reset a convo but okay.
People don't want to ride the bus because they think it's beneath them. They love their own cars
Agreed. It's also very easy to drive here and we have no traffic so there isn't a lot of need to find different transportation options. Evenso I think we have a responsibly as a city to make mass transit better for everybody to move people to jobs. It's a great way to give people a better quality of life to not have to own a car to have a job.

Also, I just went to the closest bus stop, guess what I saw..... I saw why people unfamiliar with the situation assume what they do about taking the bus.
This is what makes me say wtf. For the times this statement is correct and where it's incorrect but the assumption is driving our transit conversation
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Three Light sure looks nice.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Three Light will be beautiful and only a short walk to several bus stops. Looking forward to living there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

3 light is my favorite of the light family.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Sooooo. Ground breaking still this Fall?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I'm most excited to see the condos!

Forgive the dumb question, but how many lots does Cordish have left to build on for high rise? I know we have three and strata (controversy aside), but what's left after that?

I imagine they eventually want a flagship hotel, or are they happy to let others do that? I'd like to see more condos too.

I still think they're the logical developer of the space North of the Sprint center if copaken would ever sell.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 pm Forgive the dumb question, but how many lots does Cordish have left to build on for high rise? I know we have three and strata (controversy aside), but what's left after that?
4 Light is planned for the empty parking lots around the Alamo Theatre. I am not sure where the rumored 6 Light would have gone.
WoodDraw wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 pm I imagine they eventually want a flagship hotel, or are they happy to let others do that? I'd like to see more condos too.
4 Light will have a hotel component. Earlier renderings showed a W Hotel. See above for more details from DColeKC.
WoodDraw wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 pm I still think they're the logical developer of the space North of the Sprint center if copaken would ever sell.
W&R HQ Tower?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

I found another new rendering
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The parking entries are on Truman and Walnut. No streetcar interference!
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Reddit discussion on 3 Light rendering...
https://www.reddit.com/r/kansascity/com ... rendering/
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

I feel like it would make sense for cordish to develop the block just south of the p&l building. However, I don’t think they own it right now.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 pm I feel like it would make sense for cordish to develop the block just south of the p&l building. However, I don’t think they own it right now.
Whatever gets built on that block better be short! They better not block my favorite building on the skyline!
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Who does own that abandoned office building?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

gfenn11 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 am Who does own that abandoned office building?
DST
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 pm I feel like it would make sense for cordish to develop the block just south of the p&l building. However, I don’t think they own it right now.
I know there some talks about that building being acquired by Cordish. Not sure what the results were.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm sure DST will sell it now, they are basically getting entirely out of the real estate game.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

gfenn11 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 am Who does own that abandoned office building?
I really like this building and wish it could be put back into service perhaps with some new development to the south.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

:lol: It is a nice little mid-century gem. It's a bit like the green brother of the TWA building. If it was cleaned up it would really shine. (and it's short!)
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

It has a lot of character. I’d love to see a new building wrap around it in the same way 4 light will wrap the main street theater.

What an interesting intersection 14th and Baltimore could be; the president hotel, p&l building, the IBM building and 4 light