Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by wahoowa »

that would almost have to be condos, right? honestly doesn't sound too different from some of the crown center offerings, which at least nominally have more green space around etc. but shiny and new is a good thing.

throw something like that within shouting distance of the PAC and market it to patrons or whatever. better yet, turn hotel bravo into a combo hotel/ this. lol probably can't get away with calling it The Wyandottes though, for reasons.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

By "the PAC", I am guessing you are referring to the Kauffman Center(KCPA). Knowing quite a few of the Walnuts/Sulgrave/Alameda crowd I would believe that such a high end offering downtown would be more appealing to those people if it were on Quality Hill. Tear down the old project-ish Quality Hill towers and put up "Maison Chouteau" overlooking the River Club.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

You don't even have to tear down the Quality Hill Towers. Build it at 901 Pennsylvania,

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1037752 ... a=!3m1!1e3

or on this parking lot,

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1032695 ... a=!3m1!1e3

or on these parking lots.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1022471 ... a=!3m1!1e3

But we are talking about Cordish projects, so we'll stick to the environs around the P&L District.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Yes let us stick with Cordish, but it is interesting you mentioned 901 Pennsylvania. Years ago, BC(before Cordish) when DST was doing real estate around Quality Hill, they hinted at a project for that corner that would set a new bar for downtown residential.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

IS the crane base being prepped?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Probably still waiting on a few federal approvals which have been holding up some progress.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Crane base is in.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:40 pm Crane base is in.
PICS?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It didn't seem memorable enough for a pic.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

When will this go crane go up
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

^Concur. It was supposed to have started in early May and it's mid-August now. I'm not a construction expert but aren't they supposed to have broken ground by now?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 am ^Concur. It was supposed to have started in early May and it's mid-August now. I'm not a construction expert but aren't they supposed to have broken ground by now?
Not sure when or if there will be a ceremony. Ground was broken, in a literal sense, a while ago. If you look at my photos the site has been graded.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:39 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 am ^Concur. It was supposed to have started in early May and it's mid-August now. I'm not a construction expert but aren't they supposed to have broken ground by now?
Not sure when or if there will be a ceremony. Ground was broken, in a literal sense, a while ago. If you look at my photos the site has been graded.
One person at HUD is holding this up over an environmental noise concern despite there being no concern when 2L was built next door. Developer needed to get started and wanted to get going on ground work while this was being worked out but dude at HUD found out they “started construction” and is now being a even bigger problem maker. He must feel tall knowing he’s holding up construction.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:48 pm
One person at HUD is holding this up over an environmental noise concern despite there being no concern when 2L was built next door. Developer needed to get started and wanted to get going on ground work while this was being worked out but dude at HUD found out they “started construction” and is now being a even bigger problem maker. He must feel tall knowing he’s holding up construction.
Further proof a lid is needed
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

normalthings wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Further proof a lid is needed
No, further proof that more government isn't needed. Unless of course you like the fact that 3L has been plagued by excessive government interference for the last three years now. Causing a 3 year delay.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Wow, that poor building just can't seem to get going. Cordish should break ground on all the projects they are working on since there will likely be years of delays anyway. Then they might actually start construction when they thought it would.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Very large crane onsite today. Not sure what they’re doing but likely starting to erect the tower crane.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Just drove by Three Light, there were two of those mini-cranes and drills running and moving around a constructions guys there working too. Seems like alot going on there? Looked very active!
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Does this mean it was sorted with HUD?