Two Light - 14th & Grand

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Re: Two Light - 14th & Grand

Post by wahoowa »

it's a pretty narrow area, if talking about the strip to the north of the highway and right by grand. probably more than 10 feet wide across, but i'd wager less than 15. doesn't seem so useful that it warrants fencing it off, especially once accounting for whatever you lose some of that to some kind of fence. the p&L equivalent is easily twice that wide N-S.

the strip to the south of the highway is probably closer to the p&L one in terms of usefulness/space, but again wouldn't love to see that privatized, as other apartments are even closer to that strip than 2 light is...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

wahoowa wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 pm it's a pretty narrow area, if talking about the strip to the north of the highway and right by grand. probably more than 10 feet wide across, but i'd wager less than 15.
Looks like 12, it’s hard to use online mapping tools in that small a space
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:13 pm You'll start to see some work being down on Truman, in between Grand and Walnut. The grassy area will become a dog run/park for Two Light residents.
No additional public investment required! Nice!
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

No additional public investment for a privately owned amenity? Where's the win in that?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:58 pm restricted to just 2 light residents? i see people bring dogs from south of truman up to that strip all the time.
Yes, this will be just for 2L residents. It’s the section across the street from the building with the old sharp printing sign. There’s no sidewalk and the area is mostly used by 2L residents and some homeless folks trying to catch some shade.

People with dogs that are not 2L residents can simply use the even larger area 20ft to the west.

Cordish and the city have been working on this deal for awhile. I’m not sure of the terms besides Cordish handles all expenses and maintenance.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

ah, so it is on the south side of the highway, instead of a short jaywalk from 2L's front door. i suppose this both maximizes space closed off from the public (compared to the strip north of the highway) and minimizes the urine scent on 2L's front porch. i had originally assumed that p&L chose the spot it did because that's just the closest available for whatever reason, but starting to wonder if they intentionally split it out, especially since they could conceivably have incorporated that into the second p&L building on the roof like 909 did. this is actually kind of interesting! i wonder which vacant lot in the north loop flashcube will reserve for pets! (no i don't lol worcester doesn't accommodate its human residents why would that change for pets who pay even less rent)

as an aside, and with maximum respect, i sincerely doubt that anyone has statistics that would differentiate users of the space based on their home address. but! whatever.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 pm ah, so it is on the south side of the highway, instead of a short jaywalk from 2L's front door. i suppose this both maximizes space closed off from the public (compared to the strip north of the highway) and minimizes the urine scent on 2L's front porch. i had originally assumed that p&L chose the spot it did because that's just the closest available for whatever reason, but starting to wonder if they intentionally split it out, especially since they could conceivably have incorporated that into the second p&L building on the roof like 909 did. this is actually kind of interesting! i wonder which vacant lot in the north loop flashcube will reserve for pets! (no i don't lol worcester doesn't accommodate its human residents why would that change for pets who pay even less rent)

as an aside, and with maximum respect, i sincerely doubt that anyone has statistics that would differentiate users of the space based on their home address. but! whatever.
I believe the fact that Cordish is willing to put money towards capping the highway is why the city played nice in this situation. It will be a much needed improvement for 2L residents because the space directly across the street is a joke.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

maybe cordish should throw some $ in the streetcar to bar-K fund, too!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

https://www.apartments.com/two-light-lu ... o/e27mxpp/
https://www.rent.com/missouri/kansas-ci ... -100065774

It looks like only a few units (8 per some sources) are currently available at Two Light. That puts the occupant rate at 97.3% (above full occupancy).

What I find interesting is that prices range from ~$2.45 SF/M for a studio to $3.96 SF/M for a 2 bed penthouse to $4.03 SF/M for a one bedroom den (sold out). Many of the more premium units appear to be sold out which I take to be a good sign.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I bet 3 light's redesign was due in large part to 2 light's success. I expect 4 light to be an architectural masterpiece if 3 light does as well!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

langosta wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 pm https://www.apartments.com/two-light-lu ... o/e27mxpp/

It looks like only a few units (8 per some sources) are currently available at Two Light. That puts the occupant rate at 97.3% (above full occupancy).

What I find interesting is that prices range from ~$2.45 SF/M for a studio to $3.96 SF/M for a 2 bed penthouse to $4.03 SF/M for a one bedroom den (sold out). Many of the more premium units appear to be sold out which I take to be a good sign.
There’s a waiting list for the penthouse style units which is interesting because it requires you to put money down to officially hold your spot on the list. That’s the only type of unit with money down as far as I know.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:32 am
langosta wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 pm https://www.apartments.com/two-light-lu ... o/e27mxpp/

There’s a waiting list for the penthouse style units which is interesting because it requires you to put money down to officially hold your spot on the list. That’s the only type of unit with money down as far as I know.
Those rents and wait lists bode very well for Three and Four Light.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

The demographics are really interesting as well. All age ranges but more on the pre 40’s. Single folks, married couples, retired couples etc. You see several newly married couples who will make living in one of these buildings their last step before buying a house and the opposite, older couples who just sold their house and want the urban lifestyle.

Students to doctors and everything in between. Kind of fascinating.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Up to $4.11 now
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

8 available units. 97.3% occupancy rate.

https://twolight.prospectportal.com/kan ... partments/
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:47 pm 8 available units. 97.3% occupancy rate.

https://twolight.prospectportal.com/kan ... partments/
Down to 4 available units (98.6% full). 1- 1 bed room, 3 - 2 bed room.

The cheapest available unit is $1700. These occupancy rates are extremely good.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

February Occupancy: 4 empty units, 98.6% occupancy. $2.79 per sqft is the rent for the cheapest available unit. 1 of the high end units was taken and 1 -1 bed opened up. IIRC, there were a bunch of units that came up in Feb. but have all been renewed or released.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 pm February Occupancy: 4 empty units, 98.6% occupancy. $2.79 per sqft is the rent for the cheapest available unit. 1 of the high end units was taken and 1 -1 bed opened up. IIRC, there were a bunch of units that came up in Feb. but have all been renewed or released.
Travis Kelce moved out but his penthouse leased back up recently. Probably the most expensive unit in the building.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 am
normalthings wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 pm February Occupancy: 4 empty units, 98.6% occupancy. $2.79 per sqft is the rent for the cheapest available unit. 1 of the high end units was taken and 1 -1 bed opened up. IIRC, there were a bunch of units that came up in Feb. but have all been renewed or released.
Travis Kelce moved out but his penthouse leased back up recently. Probably the most expensive unit in the building.
He did buy a nice place in the Northland, Briarcliff West.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dukuboy1 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:06 am
DColeKC wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 am
He did buy a nice place in the Northland, Briarcliff West.
Yep. He actually bought it several months ago but did some remodeling. Very nice place and I love that area.