Two Light - 14th & Grand

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Two Light - 14th & Grand

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:29 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:01 pm
ULCajun wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:50 pm Not everyone, you need to live on the 22nd+ floor for your fob to get you up there. Unless they still havn't secured the stairs with a fob, then you can just go up to 21 and take the stairs up.
The patio door is fob access only.

The private patio is part of the penthouse that Travis Kelce had. It’s huge and honestly, not too many issues with wind on a regular basis.
I knew when I posted that you'd respond with a defense of the wind. Lol.
You weren’t interested in a response? Travis loved the patio besides the issue with privacy and I know the current tenants as well. I’ve been on that patio a handful of times and don’t remember it being windy.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just an observation. Thanks for the info.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Zoning Compliance Letters issued for One & Two Light. I see these come up often during buyer's due diligence. Any ideas of alternate causes for this?
kenrbnj
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kenrbnj »

normalthings wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:11 am Zoning Compliance Letters issued for One & Two Light. I see these come up often during buyer's due diligence. Any ideas of alternate causes for this?
Possibly as an exercise related to a refinancing event..
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Spark signage up...
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

those topiaries on that corner need to go. they make that intersection unnecessarily difficult to navigate for pedestrians.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 am those topiaries on that corner need to go. they make that intersection unnecessarily difficult to navigate for pedestrians.
I was waiting for that! They are there to protect pedestrians from a blind side speeding scooter collision and also to prevent trucks from making too hard of a right turn and damaging the building like has happened in the past.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Is there even an ADA width there now? Why not one a bit further out if that's the goal?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:39 am Is there even an ADA width there now? Why not one a bit further out if that's the goal?
There is ADA width. They’re placed up against the pole, otherwise you’d have an awkward 2ft gap between the pole and the planters.

Not ideal situation but best solution as agreed upon by City, Spark and Two Light.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Seems fine then. I blame the city allowing such narrow sidewalks in the first place. Good solution with the deck dealt.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

It's all brand new infrastructure, basically. No excuse.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 am It's all brand new infrastructure, basically. No excuse.
Not really

There was already a sidewalk corner and a street there. The grade and position of of both didn't change.

If there was a road diet at the same time it would be new, but that didn't happen.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 am It's all brand new infrastructure, basically. No excuse.
No worse than the patios allowed at some crossroads restaurants that eat up the entire sidewalk making two way pedestrian traffic impossible.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Right but that's not on them now trrying to make it better
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I've always been puzzled by how narrow many of the sidewalks in the P&L District are seeing that the most blocks were completely cleared and they started from scratch. Could have made the sidewalks wider then.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

FangKC wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:01 pm I've always been puzzled by how narrow many of the sidewalks in the P&L District are seeing that the most blocks were completely cleared and they started from scratch. Could have made the sidewalks wider then.
Yup.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:01 pm I've always been puzzled by how narrow many of the sidewalks in the P&L District are seeing that the most blocks were completely cleared and they started from scratch. Could have made the sidewalks wider then.
There’s more than one odd and narrow section in PNL. I hope the awkward sidewalk directly across the street will be fixed and widened when 3L is built.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

good thinking, we need another place for promotional dealer vehicles to park
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 pm good thinking, we need another place for promotional dealer vehicles to park
That’d be great. Even more sponsorship dollars. Maybe they could bring in a mini van that blocks off your favorite walking path but both sliding doors are open so you have to walk thru the van to pass by. “This pedestrian experience brought to you by Ford”.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just park them on Walnut bridge, Cordish wants to close it at Truman anyways.