Raglan Road eviction, new Famous Dave's tenant, KC Hopps to P&L

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Raglan Road eviction, new Famous Dave's tenant, KC Hopps to P&L

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Highlander wrote: I looked up their menu.  It seems to be an Americanized chainsy version of German food (German nachos?).  What struck me was the NINE dollars for a giant pretzl.  Bread, salt & mustard for 9 bucks.  Still, the atmosphere seemed kind of cool and there was enough true Germanic food on the menu to be of interest.  Just for future reference, when in Munich I would recommend the Augustiner Keller for a bierhall long before the far more touristy Hofbrauhaus. 
With all due respect, the pretzel is huge. Like 4 or more of the big pretzels from Kauffman.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Sounds like Raglan road is gonna go to battle with Cordish in court.  and also Cordish has the 75th St Brewery folks sitting in the wings to swoop in if they can get rid of the Raglan people.  A perfect mess.  

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/28/30 ... aglan.html
Meanwhile, KC Hopps Ltd.....  says a new investment group has hired it to take over management of the Raglan Road spot under a new concept. They couldn?t say when that might take place.
Raglan?s landlord filed a lawsuit in Jackson County Circuit Court seeking more than $608,000 in back rent and other charges and possession of the premises. Now Raglan Road has filed a response alleging fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract. It says that it has made payments of more than $342,000 that are not referenced in the original lawsuit, that it was overcharged for additional rents and common area maintenance, and that the landlord has no rights to any property located on the premises.

It contends that Kansas City Live Block 126 Retail and Power & Light District developer Cordish Co. failed to promote Raglan Road while charging it exorbitant marketing funds, used tenant funds to promote their own businesses and business interests, and drove down the value of the district through ?cheap liquor-based marketing strategies which promote irresponsible alcohol consumption.?
moosnsqrl
New York Life
New York Life

Post by moosnsqrl »

kboish wrote: Sounds like Raglan road is gonna go to battle with Cordish in court.  and also Cordish has the 75th St Brewery folks sitting in the wings to swoop in if they can get rid of the Raglan people.  A perfect mess.  

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/28/30 ... aglan.html
I just read that too. I'm a little proud of them for taking on Cordish and not just rolling over but, as with all things P&L, it only ends up costing KC so it's hard to see this as a positive development.
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

moosnsqrl wrote: I just read that too. I'm a little proud of them for taking on Cordish and not just rolling over but, as with all things P&L, it only ends up costing KC so it's hard to see this as a positive development.
Since when is not paying your rent a righteous fight?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I'm sure it's that cut and dried.
moosnsqrl
New York Life
New York Life

Post by moosnsqrl »

Downtowner wrote: Since when is not paying your rent a righteous fight?
If their claims that they were being charged for marketing that either didn't occur or truly did not benefit them, they would have a valid/righteous cause in that it would have a detrimental affect on their bottom line and their ability to pay rent. And we all know that there have been missteps in the district that have caused PR nightmares which, whether or not you agree with specific complaints about dress code, cover charge, etc, has had some affect as well. I imagine there are other tenants who have just given up and closed quietly not wanting to take on Cordish who were also promised the moon and the stars in terms of foot traffic and income potential.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

We know or we hear rumors?  Was it part of their lease
Last edited by KCPowercat on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

Any restaurant that spends 5 million on a remodel likely will never make any money. How do you service that debt and pay rent? Throw on top of it that their food was lousy and it makes for a recipe for disaster.  The crowds have obviously been there...P & L is packed every weekend and many weeknights for concerts. And you've got one of the busiest arenas in the world directly across the street.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Raglan Road eviction, new Famous Dave's tenant, KC Hopps

Post by FangKC »