Cosentino's Grocery downtown

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Cosentino's Grocery downtown

Post by KCPowercat »

rant forthcoming on all this :)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

KCPowercat wrote: rant forthcoming on all this :)
no thanks...
KC12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC12 »

When is this scheduled to open? I am sure this has been asked or mentioned a million times!
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KC12 wrote: When is this scheduled to open? I am sure this has been asked or mentioned a million times!
scheduled for 11/1/08.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Peeked in the windows last night and it looks like the drywall is mostly up.  Maybe they have a chance of making it on time afterall.  The health club space looked like it was nowhere near as far along. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

refrigerated cases were visible when i walked by on main this morning. i really like how visible the interior is from the sidewalk!
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

It looks great.  Are they going to have any of the open air feel of the Hyvee out on Roe near downtown.  Though I have not shopped there, my wife says their produce section is very open with garage doors and the works.  She says, it makes it feel like a farmers market.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I am excited to walk home, pick up a few things I need for the night and walk home.....I'm just wondering what question people will ask me now when they hear I live downtown?

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

kuslamb wrote: It looks great.  Are they going to have any of the open air feel of the Hyvee out on Roe near downtown.  Though I have not shopped there, my wife says their produce section is very open with garage doors and the works.  She says, it makes it feel like a farmers market.
#-o
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: I am excited to walk home, pick up a few things I need for the night and walk home.....I'm just wondering what question people will ask me now when they hear I live downtown?
they'll find something to prod you about. maybe they'll ask if you're concerned about all that crime? :)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

usually people aren't that rude, even though I know they want to ask that.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kuslamb wrote: It looks great.  Are they going to have any of the open air feel of the Hyvee out on Roe near downtown.  Though I have not shopped there, my wife says their produce section is very open with garage doors and the works.  She says, it makes it feel like a farmers market.
Price Chopper
NDTeve wrote: #-o
Given the good highway access it is one of the handiest options. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Agreed...just wouldn't consider it near downtown. Bout as near as Parkville.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

NDTeve wrote: Agreed...just wouldn't consider it near downtown. Bout as near as Parkville.
it is 6.5 miles from downtown.  about the same distance as Brookside from downtown - albeit via interstate rather than urban streets.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

chrizow wrote: it is 6.5 miles from downtown.  about the same distance as Brookside from downtown - albeit via interstate rather than urban streets.
We alternate between Roe PC and Westport Sunfresh - drive time from the xroads is usually a wash between the two. 
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

That Price Chopper also has a great selection of ethnic foods, and not just Mexican.

We had a thread when it opened. I recall a few downtowners posting about shopping there, although I don't remember whether they were just checking it out or found in convenient enough to use on a regular basis.
thesnowman21
Pad site
Pad site

Post by thesnowman21 »

KC0KEK wrote: That Price Chopper also has a great selection of ethnic foods, and not just Mexican.

We had a thread when it opened. I recall a few downtowners posting about shopping there, although I don't remember whether they were just checking it out or found in convenient enough to use on a regular basis.
I live up near KUMED and we go to that grocery store all the time. Got the best selection of fruit and veg out of most of the grocery stores (not quite as good as wholefoods, but nowhere near as expensive).
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

There should be a NYC-style, iPhone mob on the day of  the downtown Cosentino's opening. I think it would send a big message to the suburbadroids and other potential businesses to see that kind of true URBAN scene in front of the swanky new downtown grocer when it finally opens its doors.

Downtown Counil? DNA? Where you at?
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

I walked by on Monday and it looks like they don't even have the floors in.  I strongly doubt that they will open on the 1st.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

I asked one of the Brookside Market managers last week about the opening date and he said most likely Dec/Jan.