WyCo wrote: Is there a schedule anywhere for events in the Live area?
The Cordish Co., developer of the Kansas City Power & Light District in Downtown, has announced a schedule of entertainment events for the eight-block project.
* March 13-16, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Basketball Fan Fest, in partnership with the Greater Kansas City Sports Commission; 14th Street between Grand Boulevard and Walnut Street, plus Basketball Oasis tent at Grand and Truman Road; spirit rallies, games and activities; basketball shown on the outdoor video screen in the Live block directly across from Sprint Center. Also Road to Glory event on 14th Street featuring live jazz and images of Kansas City's college basketball history.
* March 13, 4 p.m., concert in Live block by Jeff Jenkins & the International Band of Leisure
* March 14, 8:30 p.m., concert in Live block by Sister Hazel
* March 15, 6 p.m., concert in Live block by DJ Review
* March 16, 4 p.m., concert in Live block by Live Bracketology: Selection Sunday
* March 17, St. Patrick's Day Fun Fest, 14th Street between Grand and Walnut plus tent at Grand and Truman; 5:30 p.m. concert in Live block by Halfway to Hazard
* May 14-18, daily and nightly, Spring Music Extravaganza, four days with multiple major acts and unique art and entertainment
* May 24-Aug. 30, Saturdays, Family Fun Series free games, education and activities under the clock tower near 14th and Walnut streets
* May 29-Aug. 28, Thursdays, Hot Country Nights, 15 shows, including Craig Morgan
* June 4-July 30, Wednesdays, Rock the Block, 10 shows, including Shiny Toy Guns
* June 28-29, Downtown Art Annual, juried art fair featuring more than 100 artists on the district's streets
* Aug. 3-Aug. 31, Sundays, Blues Concert Series, five shows
* Aug. 7-Oct. 8, Wednesdays, Homegrown Music Series, eight shows
* First Friday events after the galleries close, 9 p.m. and later, live music, DJs and special events
* Live jazz and blues music will be played on the streets on select Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, with the schedule to be announced.
Other events with yet-to-be-announced dates include district restaurant weeks, holiday events and celebrations, special charity events and more.
http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... rround=lfn