Poll: Power & Light District Dress Code

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.

Do you support the dress code in the Live! block?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 111

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Poll: Power & Light District Dress Code

Post by KCPowercat »

its the standard club dress code.....no fatties, while fine by me, is not.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCPowercat wrote:its the standard club dress code.....no fatties, while fine by me, is not.
Fine by me. Personally, I don't particularly care what rules they want to have for their nightlife mall, but discriminatory rules are always going to piss people off. Surprise: they piss people off at other clubs, too. Sometimes people pissed off at other clubs even make the news! Astounding, I know, that other establishments might occasionally have negative publicity. However, other clubs aren't the premier entertainment district for an uber-region extending for hundreds of miles in every direction. The only thing I'm surprised about it that anyone is surprised, especially after what's been ongoing in Louisville.

Speaking of Louisville, Cordish continues to face accusations of race-based discrimination down there, and at least some of the cases are getting nasty--an employee filing suit claiming management told her they wanted a, ?predominantly white crowd? and to ?keep out the darker element.? The details in the suit are disturbing if true, and allegedly came from HQ.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

mean wrote: Speaking of Louisville, Cordish continues to face accusations of race-based discrimination down there, and at least some of the cases are getting nasty--an employee filing suit claiming management told her they wanted a, ?predominantly white crowd? and to ?keep out the darker element.? The details in the suit are disturbing if true, and allegedly came from HQ.
SHOCKER!  that must be in everyone's mind also?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

so the level of racism of the same dress code equates to how premier the bar....I didn't know it was a sliding scale.  Guess stables is free and clear.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Let's just say that at some point You have to take responsibility for YOUR OWN personal decisions, rather than blame negative outcomes on everyone but yourself.

Grey area only exists when you allow for it.  You don't want to be kicked out of some club for improper dress, then wear a KC hat and a white T shirt.
End of story.

Let's close this thread, I'm tired of everyone going back and forth, back and forth...presenting opinion as fact (Myself included).

Besides, We have a health care bill to debate!
http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php?topic=11038.0
Last edited by im2kull on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: You think there is evidence that Cordish was aware that specific bouncers were engaging in impermissable behaviors and also evidence that they took no action after they were aware?  Thats what its going to take legally to make the case you are attempting to sketch out of your ass.  
I don't know if there is evidence or not.  But there is something going on, probably more that one thing going on.  There are so many stories out there, some true, some not true or at least has some tarnish on it.  Guess time will tell how it all plays out.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

im2kull wrote: Let's just say that at some point You have to take responsibility for YOUR OWN personal decisions, rather than blame negative outcomes on everyone but yourself.
Does that apply to Cordish?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

im2kull wrote: Let's close this thread, I'm tired of everyone going back and forth, back and forth...presenting opinion as fact (Myself included).
http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php?topic=11038.0
If we closed every thread based on that criteria, there wouldn't be a board left.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: Does that apply to Cordish?
Coridsh doesn't control what their employees do, they control their policys.

Going by that logic we should take the United States Army itself to a military tribunal over the deaths at Fort Hood, should we not?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

im2kull wrote: Coridsh doesn't control what their employees do, they control their policys.
They can control their employees by training, supervision, reviewing their job performance, and firing and/or suspending them for any unappropriate actions.  And if they are failing to do that then Cordish should be held accountable.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: They can control their employees by training, supervision, reviewing their job performance, and firing and/or suspending them for any unappropriate actions.  And if they are failing to do that then Cordish should be held accountable.
That's right, but there's NO indication Cordish is not properly training, supervising, and reviewing their employees performance.  The only issue at hand here is God given Free Will...aka...an Employees Actions.
THINK (ONE) KC.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Why isn't Cordish out there telling what they are doing with the bouncers?  Instead Cordish appears to have its head in its shell and putting the word out that nothing is happening.

Guess that is why there is NO indication of what Cordish is actually doing.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

They couldn't do enough to satisfy the public is my guess....do you know any business that responds to this?  Usually they try and keep quiet to keep it out of the spotlight.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: They couldn't do enough to satisfy the public is my guess....do you know any business that responds to this?  Usually they try and keep quiet to keep it out of the spotlight.
Exactly.  Internal business is best handled internally.

That's just my .02
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

im2kull wrote: That's right, but there's NO indication Cordish is not properly training, supervising, and reviewing their employees performance.  The only issue at hand here is God given Free Will...aka...an Employees Actions.
What evidence do we have that they ARE properly training people?

I'm not saying they are or aren't. Just saying they should be held accountable for their actions - just like you said.

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

KCPowercat wrote: They couldn't do enough to satisfy the public is my guess....do you know any business that responds to this?  Usually they try and keep quiet to keep it out of the spotlight.
so they just go into a shell while being Swiftboated.  good policy.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

email them, I am sure they can use your PR expertise

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: What evidence do we have that they ARE properly training people?

I'm not saying they are or aren't. Just saying they should be held accountable for their actions - just like you said.
I think you probably realize where the burden of proof lies here - i.e not with the accused. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I think you probably realize where the burden of proof lies here - i.e not with the accused. 
In a court of law, sure. But in the court of public opinion we have evidence that they are not training their employees properly - accusations of racial discrimination - and no evidence they are training their employees properly. Its not enough evidence to conclude anything, but I don't know why some people are assuming Cordish is doing everything they can.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: But in the court of public opinion
The news media already convicted them in that court within the first couple months they were open - there is no winning that case on appeal.  Caving and watering down the effectiveness of the policy isn't going to move the public opinion meter a bit.