OFFICIAL - Arena construction

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - Arena construction

Post by AllThingsKC »

Caycee wrote: I thought SC stood for something else. Jesus.
No, SC doesn't stand for Jesus.  I think that abbreviation would be JC.  :lol:  (Just Kidding)
KC is the way to be!
Caycee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Caycee »

Ha ha.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

Super Charger
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Sean Connery!

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: Sean Connery!

"Aye'll take The Rapist for 500, Ahhlex"

That's....ther-a-pist Mr. Connery....
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

seems like this is the first email touting events?
June 2007 

THE HOTTEST PHENOMENON IS NOW ON ICE & COMING TO SPRINT CENTER
Coming to Sprint Center for four shows, Disney's High School Musical: The Ice Tour skates into Kansas City Nov. 30 Dec. 1. Fans will marvel at the one and only live fusion of songs, dance and team-spirited fun inspired by the smash hit Disney Channel Original Movie "High School Musical" and this summer's highly anticipated "High School Musical 2." Get'cha head in the game and celebrate the sounds, the songs, the bop and the pop in this all-new ice show starring a cast of world-class skaters. Experience the Wildcat frenzy and rock the house in Disney's High School Musical: The Ice Tour!    INFO | TICKETS

BRIGADE LAND AT SPRINT CENTER IN '08
Sprint Center and the Kansas City Brigade of the Arena Football League (AFL) agreed to terms to move home games to Kansas City's newest entertainment facility. Brigade fans, players and sponsors will enjoy an enhanced game-day experience by showcasing the technology Sprint, the arena's naming rights partner. AFL floor configuration will be finalized in fall 2007. Prices for season tickets are available by visiting kcbrigade.com. Read the press release.    BUY TICKETS

BIG 12 BASKETBALL TOURNEY RETURNS IN '10, '11
At the conclusion of spring meetings in Colorado Springs, the Big 12 Conference awarded the 2010 and 2011 basketball championships to Kansas City. "Sprint Center is excited to host the Big 12 basketball championships in 2010 and 2011," said Brenda Tinnen, Senior Vice President and General Manager. "The 2008 championships will showcase Kansas City and the host committee should be commended for spearheading a compelling bid."

The men's championship will take place at Sprint Center and the women's championship will be headquartered at Municipal Auditorium. The conference also adjusted the schedule formats for the men's and women's basketball championships to Wednesday - Saturday and Thursday - Sunday, respectively.

With the announcement of future sites, Kansas City will have played host to 10 Big 12 Basketball Championships--more than any other city.

The best of everything. That's what you can expect as a member of the exclusive Founders Club at Sprint Center. Tailored to the individual needs of its members, the Founders Club provides the ultimate showplace for corporate entertaining, world-class sporting events and concerts, and privileged access to the most prestigious areas within Sprint Center. Founders Club benefits and amenities include:
Priority ticket access to purchase up to four (4) seats to all Sprint Center events including sporting events, concerts, family shows, and much more
  • Access to the private Founders Club Lounge
  • Reserved parking
  • VIP members-only entrance
  • VIP members-only box office window
  • Invitation to members-only events including food and beverage tastings, private events, etc.
  • 10% discount on suite rentals
  • 15% discount on pro-shop merchandise
  • 20% discount on private function space at Sprint Center
  • Access to purchase priority tickets to other AEG events nationally
Explore the benefits of a Founder's Club membership.

STAY CONNECTED
Get access to the latest Sprint Center updates on you mobile phone. Click here to receive show updates, on-sale information and other special offers through text messaging.

Sprint Center Development Office, 1100 Walnut, Ste. 2900, Kansas City, MO 64106

Don't miss an event - add "info@enews.sprintcenter.com" to your address book. Even better, share it with a friend. If you can't see the images in this email, click here.

You have received this email because you subscribed at sprintcenter.com or have previously purchased tickets for a Sprint Center event. Visit sprintcenter.com for more information.

Sprint Center is operated by AEG.
Unsubscribe  |  Share with a friend
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

I got that E-mail today too. Shows that construction is going on schedual.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I just drove past the Sprint Center, and they now have the color-changing marquee sign up!!!    =D>

You know what this means?

We're getting closer...      \:D/
KC is the way to be!
HockeyPunkKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by HockeyPunkKC »

sweet!  i might have to drive down there to see that
cpt4599
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by cpt4599 »

I was watching KC Week in Review last night and Nick had the GM of SC there.  She said they plan on announcing the opening event in a couple weeks.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

AllThingsKC wrote: I just drove past the Sprint Center, and they now have the color-changing marquee sign up!!!    =D>
we almost wrecked when driving past the sign last night it was such a distraction (being new and all). it's cool!
ddw334umkc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ddw334umkc »

I'll get some pictures today.
"Let's get it!"
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

ddw334umkc wrote: I'll get some pictures today.
Thank you!  Because I won't have time to get pictures until tomorrow!  8)
KC is the way to be!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I just got back from the tour of the SC. No pics were allowed of course. Saw a few forumers there. And Jim Davis from the KC Biz Journal.  It was pretty cool. I don't really think I can add much that isn't already known about it. Our tour guide seemed to emphasize the NHL a lot, although that could be because hockey requires so much extra stuff - space for zambonies, ice equipment, etc. He highly praised Boots del Baggio and said the guy was willing to put up a lot of money. Said they all but had the opening act booked for Oct. 13. Said they had 75 dates all but booked and another 25 definitely booked. They expect 125-150 dates a year. The ceiling can hold up to 400,000 pounds of weight, enough for the largest touring acts like Justin Timberlake - most arenas can't handle that.

There are separate locker rooms for NHL and NBA and additional auxilary locker rooms, presumably for the Big XII Tourney. We didn't get to see them, but we were told they are lavish with each NBA locker getting its own TV. There are also five dressing rooms for musical acts that are lavish as well. Must be nice to be a celeb.

We toured the VIP Club, where founding members can drink and eat, although they stressed it wasn't a full service restaurant because they didn't want to compete with the P&L District. We toured the suites. They aren't exactly booked full like AEG has been saying. A few suiteholders backed out when they were told of the price. Supposedly there is a waiting list though and AEG is busy signing up people on the waiting list. But technically, the suites are not sold out.

The concourses are amazing. You have an awesome view of downtown and the Power and Light District (which seems to be progressing nicely). They are light and airy and are definitely wide enough. The upper bowl is very cool. The worst seat in the house still has a really great view. And its cool that you walk down to your seat, rather than up to your seat.

They said the window paneling can withstand up to 150 mph winds. They haven't had any problems with vandals. Any cracks they've had were due to shipping or installation.

Our guide also said the CBE is a bit behind schedule. Sprint Center seems to be on time and on budget.

Overall it was a very cool experience and I'm really eager about the place opening up.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

They expect 125-150 dates a year.
That is kind of a let down becasue in the begining they said that it would be in use about 220 times a year.

I wonder if they said 125-150 b/c we may not have NBA or NHL confirmed.
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

KansasCityCraka wrote: That is kind of a let down becasue in the begining they said that it would be in use about 220 times a year.

I wonder if they said 125-150 b/c we may not have NBA or NHL confirmed.
This figure did not include potential NBA/NHL use which he indicated would add an additional 40 dates/year.  He noted that current bookings/interest for Oct 07-Oct 08 were currently 15 "red" dates, meaning fully booked/contracted, and about 80 "blue" dates, indicating probable usage with some details, such as dates for tours, etc. not yet allowing them to go to contract.  Of course many events are booked on less notice than 1.5 years notice, so I would guess this presumptive number of 95 sure/highly likely dates for it's first year will increase.  He mentioned iron clad deals with a couple of organizations that will bring all their shows through including disney shows (ice and otherwise) and sesame street live etc.  Big concerts will generate a lot of use, it sounded like.  He mentioned things like monster truck rallies too, though the floor seemed to me pretty small to have demo derbies or monster trucks on.  Also, the Brigade is a few dates, NCAA tourney three of the next four years etc.
Last edited by Gretz on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Any word on when they'll be having more tours?
KC is the way to be!
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I'd just love to know why the f-ing douchebags don't allow you to take pictures. What, does the whole gaggle of self important egotistical fucks in charge of things really believe they're so important that photo prevention is sacrosanct?

There's a very easy way, in this world, to determine when people are full of shit. Just walk around with a camera. How people react to you illustrates their underlying character.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

When I went on a private tour I was allowed to take pictures 2 weeks ago...was this a public tour?
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

AllThingsKC wrote: Any word on when they'll be having more tours?
We were told that ours would be the last tour until the facility opens in October, as they want to maintain a certain air of mystery as the final touches are added.
KansasCityCraka wrote: When I went on a private tour I was allowed to take pictures 2 weeks ago...was this a public tour?
I'm not sure what the distinction is.  It was only open to members of the DNA I know, but wasn't restricted within this group except by numbers.