Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by DColeKC »

langosta wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 pm Really think Cordish needs to offer for sale units. Or design a garage that can be converted in the future?
They want to and up until the last minute, had planned to offer some for sale units in 3L. From what I'm told, the financing and overall process is more complicated with high-rise condo development. I remember hearing a certain percentage needed to be sold before ground is broke. Not sure how that applies to a mixed condo/apartment unit building.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Finally starting this week!
kenrbnj
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kenrbnj »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:50 pm
langosta wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 pm Really think Cordish needs to offer for sale units. Or design a garage that can be converted in the future?
They want to and up until the last minute, had planned to offer some for sale units in 3L. From what I'm told, the financing and overall process is more complicated with high-rise condo development. I remember hearing a certain percentage needed to be sold before ground is broke. Not sure how that applies to a mixed condo/apartment unit building.
That is correct. Obtaining financing is a challenge; a vestige from the financial crisis.

Conversely, financing for a single-owner developments is comparatively straightforward.

It is my personal opinion that nationally, a mass of "rental apartment conversions" will occur after a fixed period; likely delineated under the finance terms.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:13 pm Finally starting this week!
KC Streetcar tweeting about it so you know it's real this time.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Yeah, they threw up a bunch of sidewalk closed barricades on either side of the northbound streetcar stop without telling anyone.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm Yeah, they threw up a bunch of sidewalk closed barricades on either side of the northbound streetcar stop without telling anyone.
Wasn’t this submitted with the plans? They need to shutdown the sidewalk in order to get the overhead pedestrian path protection and overhead power avoidance installed so that sidewalk can remain open the rest of construction.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

par for the course. Not a Cordish issue, the whole construction world couldn't care less about pedestrians or mass transit access.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm Yeah, they threw up a bunch of sidewalk closed barricades on either side of the northbound streetcar stop without telling anyone.
Wasn’t this submitted with the plans? They need to shutdown the sidewalk in order to get the overhead pedestrian path protection and overhead power avoidance installed so that sidewalk can remain open the rest of construction.
I think Dave may be more so saying they didn’t alert anyone to when exactly that it would be happening
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

There are two tidy piles of dirt forming. No going back now I guess!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:03 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm
I think Dave may be more so saying they didn’t alert anyone to when exactly that it would be happening
Yeah, I assumed. Not sure how they let that slip but not surprised.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:03 pm I think Dave may be more so saying they didn’t alert anyone to when exactly that it would be happening
The real “They” was probably a sub contractor hired by a contractor who signed an agreement with someone six states away who signed a contract with someone three more states away.

The inferred they, Cornish, probably didn’t know either.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Sidewalks removed and palleted. Light Poles removed. All traffic control installed. It also looks like they have already dug up part of the lot and installed utility conduits.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Never thought I'd see the day both those lots went away. I was pumped when 1 Light happened and that lot went away.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Another lot bites the dust! Only dozens more to go.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:07 am Never thought I'd see the day both those lots went away. I was pumped when 1 Light happened and that lot went away.
That old parking lot where One Light is was the worst!
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Three Light could well continue a trend Cordish has seen, of out-of-towners — including young professionals and empty nesters — leasing its luxury apartments. More than 60% of renters at One Light and Two Light are new residents to the metro area, he said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... Journal%29
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

DColeKC, do you know if Cordish gathers statistics about where these new residents are coming from? It would be interesting to know.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:13 am DColeKC, do you know if Cordish gathers statistics about where these new residents are coming from? It would be interesting to know.
Yes they do. I'm not sure how to get ahold of those statistics, but from living in both One and Two Light, it seems like people come from everywhere.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:01 am
FangKC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:13 am DColeKC, do you know if Cordish gathers statistics about where these new residents are coming from? It would be interesting to know.
Yes they do. I'm not sure how to get ahold of those statistics, but from living in both One and Two Light, it seems like people come from everywhere.
They'll never share it. This is going to be proprietary data used for marketing.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Some anecdotal data: https://twitter.com/pcarn9/status/14066 ... 17793?s=20