Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm
smh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:35 pm Mixx is gone, right?
yeah. local places seem about as likely to fail as the national ones when you back out the survivorship bias. RIP to chefburger, mixx, cleaver cork, memas, amc. johnnys bristol and brgr still kicking it though. woohoo...
Yeah I don’t think local joints have any better chance at survival. A good concept ran properly beats out local Vs National. Cordish has always tried to mix it up and if they had it their way, it would be 80/20 local/National.

Maybe this is the time where more locals can lease up.

Bar Louie and Dave’s spaces may become one place but wouldn’t be a bar or restaurant.

Saucer spot is up in the air. ;)

Few interesting ideas for the hotel space floating around.

Impressed Dubliner is holding on, not sure how.

Whopper Bar space has some interest.

Will update when I can.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I saw that Plate in Brookside is opening a second location at Park Place in Leawood. What is the comparison between Park place and P&L? Are rents similar? Is business stronger out there? Why aren’t we seeing successful places out there open second locations in P&L?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I still think Whopper Bar would make a great Shake Shack, but I doubt the traffic numbers are there. But I could be wrong!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

FangKC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:04 pm It is getting harder and harder for movie theaters to survive as a business. It's just become too easy to stay at home and get quality entertainment every single night.
To say that an at home experience is "quality entertainment" is mildly laughable.

There is no comparison to a real theater, unless you've made a proper theater.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

im2kull wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm
FangKC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:04 pm It is getting harder and harder for movie theaters to survive as a business. It's just become too easy to stay at home and get quality entertainment every single night.
To say that an at home experience is "quality entertainment" is mildly laughable.

B&B to their credit have tried to make theaters you can’t make at home.

They’re clearly trying more than most.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Agree with you and even if you dump 50k into a home theater, it’s still not the same.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

flyingember wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 pm

B&B to their credit have tried to make theaters you can’t make at home.

They’re clearly trying more than most.
They’re good operators.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

B&B opening fall 2021 after some renovations. The P&L location is on their website now.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

This was the best possible solution. Should have been B&B after AMC left. Stay local.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

As much as a Target would have been nice in it, glad to see it's staying a theatre.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

P&L location is no longer on their website.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

normalthings wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:10 am P&L location is no longer on their website.
Spies among us!
Rabble
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rabble »

I wonder what B&B will do with the north lobby bar? Never really successful as a bar, always thought the space could work as a bookstore.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Rabble wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:14 am I wonder what B&B will do with the north lobby bar? Never really successful as a bar, always thought the space could work as a bookstore.
I'd guess it stays restaurant given it has a kitchen built out, but I'm really into this bookstore idea. That never occurred to me but there's a good amount of foot traffic on that block, even more soon w/ W&R project and I'd be very interested in a downtown bookstore.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

normalthings wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:10 am P&L location is no longer on their website.
I was actually really surprised when you posted it was on their website. I hadn't heard it was a done deal and that there had been some back and forth. Cordish should just make this happen. Of course, maybe they already have and it's just a formality. It makes too much sense.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:49 am
I was actually really surprised when you posted it was on their website. I hadn't heard it was a done deal and that there had been some back and forth. Cordish should just make this happen. Of course, maybe they already have and it's just a formality. It makes too much sense.
The deal is signed. Should be an official announcement or article soon.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:49 am
It's been official for a few weeks BUT there was supposed to be a formal announcement. The news leaked when they updated their website and included the info in their public growth plan. Now everyones scrambling to put out the formal release.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:51 am
It's been official for a few weeks BUT there was supposed to be a formal announcement. The news leaked when they updated their website and included the info in their public growth plan. Now everyones scrambling to put out the formal release.
A good formality. Good get for the district, for B&B and for the city.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

smh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:26 am
Rabble wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:14 am I wonder what B&B will do with the north lobby bar? Never really successful as a bar, always thought the space could work as a bookstore.
I'd guess it stays restaurant given it has a kitchen built out, but I'm really into this bookstore idea. That never occurred to me but there's a good amount of foot traffic on that block, even more soon w/ W&R project and I'd be very interested in a downtown bookstore.
It should stay a restaurant for the simple reason that there are so few spaces already set-up with kitchens for restaurant spaces.

What I'd like to see is CVS move to a larger space so they can carry more merchandise, and a small bookstore take over that space.

The other location that would be good is the Bonfils Building on the SW corner of 12th and Grand.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1200-Gr ... /16965444/

Of course everything comes down to layout.