Sprint Center opening day pictures

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Sprint Center opening day pictures

Post by DColeKC »

earthling wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am
Though with no sports anchor outsiders may not go for it. And if we head toward a recession/depression, chances even lower. Telcom likely to be less impacted by economic downturn so Tmobile might end up keeping the contract and add it to their Sprint rebranding efforts over time. As Fang mentioned, they might keep it named Sprint Center for as long as Sprint branding exists.
The upper management at SC have been told it will be changing but that was before all this Covid-19 stuff. Who knows with all this changing up the game. From what I’ve read, the sprint name won’t stay around at all, so I don’t see them handing over that yearly check for no reason. Of course you also have to factor in the hard cost of doing the flip.

langosta
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by langosta »

DColeKC wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 am
earthling wrote:
Though with no sports anchor outsiders may not go for it. And if we head toward a recession/depression, chances even lower. Telcom likely to be less impacted by economic downturn so Tmobile might end up keeping the contract and add it to their Sprint rebranding efforts over time. As Fang mentioned, they might keep it named Sprint Center for as long as Sprint branding exists.
The upper management at SC have been told it will be changing but that was before all this Covid-19 stuff. Who knows with all this changing up the game. From what I’ve read, the sprint name won’t stay around at all, so I don’t see them handing over that yearly check for no reason. Of course you also have to factor in the hard cost of doing the flip.
Sprint brand could be retired as early as this year. Name change coming sooner rather than later it seems

WoodDraw
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by WoodDraw »

When are the naming rights up?

normalthings
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by normalthings »

langosta wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm
DColeKC wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 am
earthling wrote:
Sprint brand could be retired as early as this year. Name change coming sooner rather than later it seems
Sprint Accelerator has been rebranded to T-Mobile. Launched new partnership with DFA.

DColeKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:14 am
When are the naming rights up?