Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Four Light

Post by FangKC »

I would think there would be a market for condos in 4 Light since W&R will be across the street, and employees there tend to have higher incomes than the average.

earthling
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by earthling »

And I think Alameda on Plaza is only KC condo building that gets concierge services from hotel. (Does SF Tower get Westin services? Any others?) Downtown could otherwise use a couple of those. Certainly a selling point.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC »

Isn't the Indigo Hotel/Fairfax Lofts on 11th Street set up for that? I know it's part hotel and part apartments.

smh
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by smh »

I believe Power & Light Apartments can partake in the food services from the President. At least that was the case when P&L Building opened.

Riverite
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Riverite »

Any ideas on why they are shifting away from the residential aspect. Do they feel like residential won’t grow much more?

normalthings
Penntower
Penntower

Post by normalthings »

Riverite wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm
Any ideas on why they are shifting away from the residential aspect. Do they feel like residential won’t grow much more?
If the parking garage moves below ground at 3 Light, you are looking at 6 additional floors of units. 2 Light has 20 per floor on those levels so Cordish would be adding about 120 units to the mix.

Cordish is also seeing increased competition when it comes to mid-high rise apartments. Copaken, Mashburn, and 3D/Greystar are now offering similar products. Other not yet announced projects will provide even more competition. I think the market will be able to support these players but it would be smart on Cordish's part to diversify their offerings with new products to downtown - condos - and new products to P/L - hotel and office.

TheLastGentleman
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I'd like to see some more mixed use stuff built downtown. The P&L District seems like the perfect location for it

kboish
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by kboish »

I wonder how much of the possibility that Cordish is shifting away from apartments is due to difficulty in securing the incentives necessary to build the garages that come with apartments. As we've seen, hotels need much less parking. For those reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if 4-light was a upscale hotel/condo combo.

normalthings
Penntower
Penntower

Post by normalthings »

kboish wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:54 am
I wonder how much of the possibility that Cordish is shifting away from apartments is due to difficulty in securing the incentives necessary to build the garages that come with apartments. As we've seen, hotels need much less parking. For those reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if 4-light was a upscale hotel/condo combo.
That could make sense why they are expanding 3 Light while they can.