KCUR "Up to Date" to have stadium as topic today

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

KCUR "Up to Date" to have stadium as topic today

Post by KCMax »

Joining Steve Kraske will be Sylvester "Sly" James, Jr., co-chair of the Save Our Stadiums Committee and Terrance Nash, Kansas City Neighborhood Action Group. 11am on 89.3 KCUR.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: KCUR "Up to Date" to have stadium as topic today

Post by lock+load »

KCMax wrote: Joining Steve Kraske will be Sylvester "Sly" James, Jr., co-chair of the Save Our Stadiums Committee and Terrance Nash, Kansas City Neighborhood Action Group. 11am on 89.3 KCUR.
I saw Terrence Nash on TV last night, he needs to acquire more "Up to Date" glasses :)
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Pretty civil and useful discussion. Sly said that we are not in default until December 31, 2006. Nash thinks we are not in default until 2007. Not sure about that, he's the first I've heard to make that claim. Callers seemed to be in favor of renovations and the roof generally.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Pretty civil and useful discussion. Sly said that we are not in default until December 31, 2006. Nash thinks we are not in default until 2007. Not sure about that, he's the first I've heard to make that claim. Callers seemed to be in favor of renovations and the roof generally.
lockandload and i had this discussion elsewhere in another thread yesterday, i think this proves that noone really understands when the leases are defaulted. i have now heard

a) already defaulted
b) december of this year
c) enough cash to make it well into 2007

which one is it? people on the yes side AND people on the no side seem to be manipulating this one a little too much for me.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: which one is it? people on the yes side AND people on the no side seem to be manipulating this one a little too much for me.
I looked up manipulation in the dictionary and saw your name.  Do you want to provide evidence to back up your claim?  The bes I have seen is in the Star, saying we have until the end of this year.  Come back with something other than your (tired) opinion and I'll listen.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: I looked up manipulation in the dictionary and saw your name.   Do you want to provide evidence to back up your claim?  The bes I have seen is in the Star, saying we have until the end of this year.  Come back with something other than your (tired) opinion and I'll listen.
your opinion is fresh? you have here in this very thread, other posters saying there are different things being said on the leases being defaulted later, now, next year, that it is a foggy subject. dont be a jerk, i am not the only one who has heard a varying level of answers on this.

i looked up pompass in the dictionary and found you.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: your opinion is fresh? you have here in this very thread, other posters saying there are different things being said on the leases being defaulted later, now, next year, that it is a foggy subject. dont be a jerk, i am not the only one who has heard a varying level of answers on this.

i looked up pompass in the dictionary and found you.
You said the NO side is manipulating the issue.  You did not say it was unclear to all involved.  I have seen nothing to conclusively prove to me at what date the county will be in default.  The closest I've seen is the Star article I posted yesterday.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: You said the NO side is manipulating the issue.  You did not say it was unclear to all involved.  I have seen nothing to conclusively prove to me at what date the county will be in default.  The closest I've seen is the Star article I posted yesterday.
exactly, and neither have i, and that star piece is saying the opposite of what is said on the air sometimes, either way, both sides are manipulating this, and you know it. want to argue with me, fine, you enjoy that, have a ball.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Its murky because it isn't really firm.  In order to for the lease to be truly in effective default its going to have to wind up in court.  The county could drag that out in the courts for years before the teams would ever truly be declared "free agents".  Of course there are a lot of reasons why no one is talking about that.  
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Technically the county is already in default as of 2005.  The 2006 or 2007 date, whichever it is, is an extension that the teams agreed to last year so the county would have some time to stage this election.

There is also conflicting information over the nature of the extension, i.e. is enough to have an election before the deadline or do repairs have to be underway?  The SOS people are saying that the county must start construction in 2006 to avoid the default, thus making an August or November election too late.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

dangerboy wrote: Technically the county is already in default as of 2005.  The 2006 or 2007 date, whichever it is, is an extension that the teams agreed to last year so the county would have some time to stage this election.
no, lockandload said this is not true dangerboy. since we do not have star links to give, we are wrong, and lockandload is right. the lease is not defaulted, according to lockandload.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

dangerboy wrote: Technically the county is already in default as of 2005.  The 2006 or 2007 date, whichever it is, is an extension that the teams agreed to last year so the county would have some time to stage this election.

There is also conflicting information over the nature of the extension, i.e. is enough to have an election before the deadline or do repairs have to be underway?  The SOS people are saying that the county must start construction in 2006 to avoid the default, thus making an August or November election too late.
In other words, even if the vote fails and the teams want to leave by the end of the year, they will probably be held up in litigation.

dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

lock&load and chef, you guys are both being asshats all over the forum today.  Reign it in, please.