Question 1

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

Shall the County of Jackson impose a countywide sales tax at the rate of three-eighths of one percent (3/8%) for a period of twenty-five years from the date on which such tax is first imposed for the purpose of improving, renovating and modernizing the Ha

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 96

bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Question 1

Post by bahua »

When the county browbeats you, what will you do?

Stupid poll thingie, I guess there's a character limit. Here's the full text:

Shall the County of Jackson impose a countywide sales tax at the rate of three-eighths of one percent (3/8%) for a period of twenty-five years from the date on which such tax is first imposed for the purpose of improving, renovating and modernizing the Harry S. Truman Sports Complex to retain the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club at Arrowhead Stadium and the Kansas City Royals Baseball Team at Kauffman Stadium with leases for a term expiring January 31, 2031?
Last edited by bahua on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Question 1

Post by lock+load »

Hell No.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Nope...not in its current form.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

"....improving, renovating and modernizing the Ha"

the huh?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

MidWestSider wrote: "....improving, renovating and modernizing the Ha"

the huh?
stands for Helluva great thing that we have two stadiums that Amazing.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I would like to see one decent rendering of this project.  What exactly are they going to do with Kauffman Stadium?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I would like to see an itemized list of the intended use of the funds, dollar for dollar.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

No... I can't believe there are 9 people that voted for it on this site. How can you be interested in downtown development and NOT want baseball downtown? 81 games X 25,000 fans/pedestrians.
bahua wrote: I would like to see an itemized list of the intended use of the funds, dollar for dollar.
Exactly... there will be millions paid off in this. Renovation dollars can be hidden under the table more than new construction.

I saw that idiot Yeal Albouhalkah on Ruckus ( KCPT TV) this morning. He started shaking violently as he booed 810 radio and bashed a downtown baseball stadium. What a dipsh**. He has become the epitome of lame KC thinking. I'm sure he's being paid under the table by the Jackson Cty Sports Authority.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I just put this low-quality bit of crap together, as a feeler for the new domain owned by one of our denizens:

It's very preliminary, so please be kind. Can anybody make a nice looking picture, in this same vein?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Michael® wrote: I saw that idiot Yeal Albouhalkah on Ruckus ( KCPT TV) this morning. He started shaking violently as he booed 810 radio and bashed a downtown baseball stadium. What a dipsh**. He has become the epitome of lame KC thinking. I'm sure he's being paid under the table by the Jackson Cty Sports Authority.
Yael has his head so far up Jackson County's ass he cannot breathe.  It is disgusting.  See the editorial in the Star today, having a KC sized orgasm over the rolling roof now.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

any chance at seeing who voted for what?  17-10 in favor seems like a pretty large margin for the general sentement that i've garnered over the past few months.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

shaffe wrote: any chance at seeing who voted for what?  17-10 in favor seems like a pretty large margin for the general sentement that i've garnered over the past few months.
judging by who has and has not been on line in the 24 hours since this was posted ( look at users today ) you will see a lot of the regulars have not been around ( weekend )

as happy as i am to see that vote, give it til monday or tuesday. it will go more the way you want.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Forum poll results are intentionally anonymous. But I'm guessing it's a lot of lurkers.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Any posts about a downtown ballpark, in this thread, will be deleted.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

^ Why? Are you analyzing this correctly?

The issue is vote yes or no to renovate.
The only 2 reasons people would vote no is because they want to build new or they don't care if the teams leave.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I personally think they're both blowing smoke, trying to extort funds for no real reason, and using the threat(which hasn't explicitly been made) of leaving to scare people into paying them off. that's my reason.

A lot of other people might have a reason like, "I can't justify spending money on billionaires, when my kids don't have good schools to attend," and so on and so forth.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

bahua wrote: Any posts about a downtown ballpark, in this thread, will be deleted.
What is up with all the post deleting?  You are living in fantasy land if you don't think a downtown ballpark (oops, better delete) figures into the TSC renovation vote.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Because the downtown ballpark debate has been done ad nauseam, and it *always* degenerates into a swear-filled flamewar. I want people to be encouraged to look at this thread, and not threatened.

If people want to flame on about downtown baseball, they can take it to another thread, which will most likely be dumpsterfied, because people can't help themselves from yelling and swearing at each other.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

bahua wrote: If people want to flame on about downtown baseball, they can take it to another thread, which will most likely be dumpsterfied, because people can't help themselves from yelling and swearing at each other.
This is why the topic continues to be brought up in new threads, because every other thread is in the trash so we must start anew somewhere else :)
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

If people can be civil about it, then have at it. But again, not in this thread.

I don't think they can contain themselves enough to keep it civil, constructive, and polite. It's not my choice that these things go in the dumpster. People doom them by flaming back and forth.