NHL OR NBA, let the message board decide!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.

Which would you rather have?

NHL
44%
NBA
56%

Total votes: 195

beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: NHL OR NBA, let the message board decide!!

Post by beautyfromashes »

My last Blues game was at the Checkerdome. That place was cool!
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

StL_Dan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:22 pm
WSPanic wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:06 am I can just see the ads now... As soldiers pick themselves up off the battlefield, we'll pick you up!

Nice job Enterprise. Assholes.
Meh. You said it....not them.
Apropos of nothing.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 pm My last Blues game was at the Checkerdome. That place was cool!
Yes. It was.

RIP
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

StL_Dan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:55 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 pm My last Blues game was at the Checkerdome. That place was cool!
Yes. It was.

RIP
One of the most embarassing things STL has done (imo) was to tear down the Checkerdome and develop the incredibly bland highlands development. I think they had an offer in hand from the guy who built city museum so imagine what it could have been.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Blues sold out the arena and 25k to watch at Busch. That city is Sports Crazed..
The big winner in KC was the Blue Line Hockey bar. The place was packed tonight and thru most of the playoffs
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

hs

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Wish the Mavericks were the farm club for the Blues instead of the Flames. That would have added to the fun.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 am Wish the Mavericks were the farm club for the Blues instead of the Flames. That would have added to the fun.
I wish the Mavericks would get new owners. Since the Hunts bought the team, attendance has been dropping and they quit advertising the team. I haven't seen a bus ad, heard a radio ad, etc since they took over the team. It's almost like they are purposely trying to kill the team, maybe so they can move them to JOCO in the future to the new bluehawk or whatever it's called development? I wish they would join the AHL and move downtown at either municipal or sprint. I would go to far more games downtown than if the team was in either independence or joco.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

This city and local media do a poor job of promoting any minor league sports. What about the basketball team? Arena football? The Comets? And while most cities would kill for a USL team, we have the Swope Park Rangers and there is zero advertising for them.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

kcjak wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:03 am This city and local media do a poor job of promoting any minor league sports. What about the basketball team? Arena football? The Comets? And while most cities would kill for a USL team, we have the Swope Park Rangers and there is zero advertising for them.
I agree - I think there have been 2 or 3 minor league basketball teams in this town over the last 12 years but you wouldn't have a clue cause they don't advertise or there is very little buzz (I think the team name was the buzz)

Another thing is just oversaturation of sports teams/entertainment options - We have way to many entertainment options in this town for the size of our metro
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

dnweava wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 am
johnmatrix wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 am Wish the Mavericks were the farm club for the Blues instead of the Flames. That would have added to the fun.
I wish the Mavericks would get new owners. Since the Hunts bought the team, attendance has been dropping and they quit advertising the team. I haven't seen a bus ad, heard a radio ad, etc since they took over the team. It's almost like they are purposely trying to kill the team, maybe so they can move them to JOCO in the future to the new bluehawk or whatever it's called development? I wish they would join the AHL and move downtown at either municipal or sprint. I would go to far more games downtown than if the team was in either independence or joco.
To be fair JSD has a weekly spot on Soren Petros show and they televise some games. I'm with you though this will be a pretty unpopular opinion but the Hunt's are pretty shitty owners with the Chiefs being the exception though that wasn't always the case. The location of the arena is a damn hassle. I basically can only make it to Saturday night games. I work in Olathe and going to a Friday game takes me about an hour with traffic.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

An interesting article about NBA expansion and Kansas City is mentioned in the article.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... m=referral
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

KC Raptors?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

If Canadian Hockey Teams have to play in USA.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

the talk of expansion teams is picking up again......

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... enter.html
https://fox4kc.com/sports/as-nba-mulls- ... nsas-city/

Both articles note the biggest hurdle is corporate sponsorship and ownership. Either way, I hope we get this.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

LCDSI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 am the talk of expansion teams is picking up again......

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... enter.html
https://fox4kc.com/sports/as-nba-mulls- ... nsas-city/

Both articles note the biggest hurdle is corporate sponsorship and ownership. Either way, I hope we get this.
It's going to have to take a ton of local owners to get something together. Maybe the dropbox founder can be in this group.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Two bad Seattle is looking for a team too. That would probably be T-Moble's first choice.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I wonder if expansion drops the purchase price for an existing team looking to move? More supply of available teams should drop the price if the expansion fee doesn't set the market. I'd love a new team DT, but I almost feel it'd be better to wait a few years. The number of cities large enough to support one of these teams is limited. Besides Seattle, I can't think of a better market than us for one of the teams.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:40 pm I wonder if expansion drops the purchase price for an existing team looking to move? More supply of available teams should drop the price if the expansion fee doesn't set the market. I'd love a new team DT, but I almost feel it'd be better to wait a few years. The number of cities large enough to support one of these teams is limited. Besides Seattle, I can't think of a better market than us for one of the teams.
Nashville. San Diego. Las Vegas. A city in Canada or Mexico.