TSC Renovations

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: TSC Renovations

Post by Maitre D »

That's my argument - the economy would dictate lower sales.  Why the Royals couldn't see this, when nearly every other team did, is beyond me.

You claim the renovations will help the Royals from worse attendance.  I disagree.  The cost of tix being hiked 20% in the past 2 years will outweigh any "intrigue" factor the new park brings.  Some newbies will check out the new digs, but not enough to overcome the high pricing.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote: That's my argument - the economy would dictate lower sales.   Why the Royals couldn't see this, when nearly every other team did, is beyond me.

You claim the renovations will help the Royals from worse attendance.  I disagree.   The cost of tix being hiked 20% in the past 2 years will outweigh any "intrigue" factor the new park brings.   Some newbies will check out the new digs, but not enough to overcome the high pricing.
yet, it did not harm them last season. they were last in the AL, 30th in mlb, but the only 30,000 they were down was directly attributed to the stadium losing thousands of seats. the loss is tied to the big games being down 3-5,000 based on seats being gone, not able to sell em. they kept pace with previous years.

the royals will STILL be in the bottom of the pack in average mlb pricing this year. answer that, please. you want them to be even lower than the lowest in pricing? do you want them to give the tickets away?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

still waiting!!
Last edited by kcdcchef on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

since you didnt respond to me MD, about what the royals SHOULD do with their pricing, here is a hint.

12-14 mlb clubs are raising prices in 2009. the royals are having an average hike of 9% this year, not too much.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... ices_N.htm

Kansas City Royals: The average season ticket will increase 9%, from $17.60 to $19.17, in the first year of refurbished Kauffman Stadium.

if you read that piece, even 5 of the teams "freezing" their prices, still have increases for new season tickets, and increases in other areas.

the royals were 26th last season, and 28th in 2007. this years rankings are not out yet, but based on the other published increases, the royals project to be 27th this season.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/a ... rice_list/

there are two stadiums with lower averages than kc, atlanta and arizona, are cheaper average in THEORY only. take turner field, their upper box has a ridiculously higher amount of cheap $6 seats than kauffman, because they can. shit, their stadium holds 11,000 more than kauffman pre-reno. now it will be about 12,500. so, again, they are one of two phantom teams that has a lower average. ohantom based on about 10,000 more cheap seats than kauffman has. 10,000!!!! have you even been in some of these bigger stadiums, MD?? atlanta, zona, yankee, i mean, they are fucking huge. they feel like arrowhead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Field
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/ticketing ... p?c_id=atl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Field

royals, in 2009, will be most likely 27th in tix prices. pittsburgh is lower, they have mlb issues like kc. unlike kc, they have a football team that has won two superbowls in 4 years, and a hockey team that is almost always in stanley cup playoffs. so, their last place team is more glaring. and the diamondbacks will likely overtake the royals, even with 10,000 more cheap seats than us based on this -- Arizona Diamondbacks: Freezing or decreasing prices on 76% of season seats; of seats increasing, 72% will incur an increase between $1 to $2.50 a seat and regardless of what tampa did last year, no one in tampa gives a fuck about baseball, and the tropicana dome is the most godawful stadium in baseball. seriously, it makes olympic stadium in montreal look like a palace. ( i have been there, it is horrible ) so, the royals rightfully so, should be above a few ( literally, 2-3) teams.

so, as usual, the royals will be at the bottom of the pack. what do you want them to do MD, be cheaper than all 29, and even be on par wiith the t-bones?
KCBoom
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCBoom »

They are taking the new crown down off the scoreboard. ???
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

I noticed that I wonder why
KCRoyal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRoyal »

No one seems to know the reason why they are taking down the crown.  Something got screwed up though.

Anyways, the Royals will be hosting an Open House on April 5th!

Here's some more info:
kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/ticketing/openhouse.jsp
KCBoom
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCBoom »

mykem wrote: I noticed that I wonder why
Someone on the Royals message board says it is because the color of the new crown was awful and they are going to try and redo the color before opening day.  The panels were not painted, rather it was some sort of color fusing process on the surface of the stainless steel panels.

If this is true I would welcome the change already.  When I stopped by as they were hoisting one of the upper crown pieces last week it really did look pretty hideous.  The color of the panels did not match one another and the gold color was very dark.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

If that is the case I am glad that they are fixing it now instead of dealing with it later after the fans disapprove of it.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

According to 810, the labor contract for the construction work at the TSC will end in five days, and the workers will go on strike. Kietzman claims this will not affect the Royals, but will jeopardize the Chiefs entire home schedule and that they are currently asking the NFL if they can play their entire 2009 season on the road.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Gotta love KK sensationalism. Guess that's what gets the ratings.

I am still waiting for the vanover/morris entire nfl scandal to be revealed.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: According to 810, the labor contract for the construction work at the TSC will end in five days, and the workers will go on strike. Kietzman claims this will not affect the Royals, but will jeopardize the Chiefs entire home schedule and that they are currently asking the NFL if they can play their entire 2009 season on the road.
Who is the general contractor on this project?  Dunn?  I am sure that any such talk coming out of the Chiefs is probably intended to scare the bejeezus out of the contractor by illustrating just how significant the litigation damages would be as a result of a breach - give 'em a little extra incentive to get to the bargaining table and get everyone back to work.  A little 'you let this happen and we will make you bleed . . . '
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Who is the general contractor on this project?  Dunn?  I am sure that any such talk coming out of the Chiefs is probably intended to scare the bejeezus out of the contractor by illustrating just how significant the litigation damages would be as a result of a breach - give 'em a little extra incentive to get to the bargaining table and get everyone back to work.  A little 'you let this happen and we will make you bleed . . . '
Excellent point.

Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

KCMax wrote: According to 810, the labor contract for the construction work at the TSC will end in five days, and the workers will go on strike. Kietzman claims this will not affect the Royals, but will jeopardize the Chiefs entire home schedule and that they are currently asking the NFL if they can play their entire 2009 season on the road.
WTF, sounds like bullshit too me.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote: Kietzman claims this will not affect the Royals, but will jeopardize the Chiefs entire home schedule and that they are currently asking the NFL if they can play their entire 2009 season on the road.
Not that I believe this for one moment, but...

Is there really a down side to having the Chiefs play all of their games on the road?
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: Not that I believe this for one moment, but...

Is there really a down side to having the Chiefs play all of their games on the road?
Not if we get 16 games at home in return.  :D

Hell yeah!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

So the Chiefs are denying everything but they Royals just posted an article about it on their website.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/a ... sp&c_id=kc
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Who is the general contractor on this project?  Dunn? 
Walton I believe.  I remember some ironic twist between Walton Construction working on the stadium for a team owned by David Glass.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Who is the general contractor on this project?  Dunn?  I am sure that any such talk coming out of the Chiefs is probably intended to scare the bejeezus out of the contractor by illustrating just how significant the litigation damages would be as a result of a breach - give 'em a little extra incentive to get to the bargaining table and get everyone back to work.  A little 'you let this happen and we will make you bleed . . . '
It doesn't matter who the contractor is, just that they're a union contractor. Also if one trade goes on strike, the others will honor that picket line and not cross it.

This strike will shut down all projects that employ union labor.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Government officials hope unions working on Truman Sports Complex avoid strike

“Despite rumors to the contrary, we are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex,” said Calvin Williford, the county’s chief of intergovernmental operations.

The Sports Complex Authority has called an emergency meeting for today to discuss the labor issues. The session may be held in private.