GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MidtownCat »

And just like that, the season is over.

Nice run, Royals. Maybe next year!
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

MidtownCat wrote:And just like that, the season is over.

Yeah, it's tough, but, it was nice to have a fun month.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

TODAY'S GAME IS HUGE.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Guys, didn't you know? Someone has to win and someone has to lose, so this is no big deal.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

chingon wrote:
MidtownCat wrote:And just like that, the season is over.

Yeah, it's tough, but, it was nice to have a fun month.
It sure was, Chingon! Thanks for the fun month after the All-Star game, fellas. Now go get some orange slices and Capri Suns and participation trophies and always remember "it's just a game and one team has to win and one team has to lose and it's ok to always be the loser".
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

MidtownCat wrote:At this stage, I just hope they finish above .500.

Wow, what a shit show.
Knowing the Royals... we will probably trend downward until September, at which point all of our worst players will have great months and not be traded or discarded because of a few good ABs. Giavotella will get like 10 ABs, and DMGM will give a "see I told you so" no matter how well he performs. Yost will say we were just unlucky at the plate for the entire season. We will probably trade someone like Billy Butler for a replacement level 2B who had one good season a few years back and is a good "clubhouse guy." Sorry for all of the positivity. Next year is the year where we absolutely have to make the playoffs, and I don't see it in the cards without significant changes to the team. Some of those changes are forced by guys with contracts expiring.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

bobbyhawks wrote:

Wow, what a shit show.
Knowing the Royals... we will probably trend downward until September, at which point all of our worst players will have great months and not be traded or discarded because of a few good ABs. Giavotella will get like 10 ABs, and DMGM will give a "see I told you so" no matter how well he performs. Yost will say we were just unlucky at the plate for the entire season. We will probably trade someone like Billy Butler for a replacement level 2B who had one good season a few years back and is a good "clubhouse guy." Sorry for all of the positivity. Next year is the year where we absolutely have to make the playoffs, and I don't see it in the cards without significant changes to the team. Some of those changes are forced by guys with contracts expiring.
We will play just poorly enough to miss any real playoff run, but just well enough that no changes will be made. MEDIOCRITY AWAITS GENTLEMEN!
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

bobbyhawks wrote:

Wow, what a shit show.
Next year is the year where we absolutely have to make the playoffs... :lol:
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

MidtownCat wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:

Wow, what a shit show.
Next year is the year where we absolutely have to make the playoffs... :lol:
Well, to justify the Shields trade, it's true. This year or next year are the years we absolutely have to make the playoffs. Odds of it happening this year were slim ten days ago and have been rapidly diminishing since then.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

I just laugh, because no matter the time or team with Royals it's always, and without fail, next year.
Last edited by MidtownCat on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

MidtownCat wrote:I just laugh, because no matter the time or team with Royals it always, and without fail, next year.
Not 1985.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

It's a baseball truism, it's always Next Year, until it isn't.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

grovester wrote:It's a baseball truism, it's always Next Year, until it isn't.
Deep.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Swept by the White Sox. :lol:

Ned, Dayton, polish up the resumes, boys. This is shaping up to be an epic fail to another playoff-less season.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

MidtownCat wrote:Swept by the White Sox. :lol:

Ned, Dayton, polish up the resumes, boys. This is shaping up to be an epic fail to another playoff-less season.
There is no reason they can't go another 15-5 run and pull within 5 games of a WC, then lose again.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

MidtownCat wrote:Swept by the White Sox. :lol:

I don't agree with it, but I would be surprised if either of them gets fired this off-season.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

No one's going anywhere unless there's no progress by the All star break next year.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

grovester wrote:No one's going anywhere unless there's no progress by the All star break next year.
I think Ned's gone if they are under .500.

Hopefully, Minnesota fires Gardenhire and we can watch in horror as some other AL Central team hires him (a la Terry Francona).

Then we can hire someone who failed in their job somewhere in the Braves organization.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

chingon wrote:
grovester wrote:No one's going anywhere unless there's no progress by the All star break next year.
I think Ned's gone if they are under .500.

Hopefully, Minnesota fires Gardenhire and we can watch in horror as some other AL Central team hires him (a la Terry Francona).

Then we can hire someone who failed in their job somewhere in the Braves organization.
I can't see DM jeopardizing his last year with a re-organization.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

So, next year when we really are supposed to compete for the playoffs (unlike this year) there are basically three things Dayton needs to do to assemble a ball club of actually doing so.

Acquire a:
-SS or 2nd that can hit, preferably with power
-C or RF that can hit with power and stay healthy

And
-resign Santana

Serious question, does anyone really have any faith whatsoever that he will be able to accomplish this?