GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kcdcchef »

all you negative people going to be on here tonite bashing our royals for beating the world champions tonite?

buck, sanders, mintky, grud, berroa, brown, all good games tonite, sweeney and teahen chipped in a couple of hits, ( 1 each ) good baserunning, good bullpen.

going to login and bash them tonite, or will you wait til after tomorrow?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Well, I must say I almost changed the channel after the first inning but I hung around. Affeldt was the only person that had a bad game.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Question:
So, what do the ROYALS, BRIGADE, and WIZARDS all have in common?

Answer:
THEY ALL HAVE ONE WIN!!!!
KC is the way to be!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

AllThingsKC wrote: Question:
So, what do the ROYALS, BRIGADE, and WIZARDS all have in common?

Answer:
THEY ALL HAVE ONE WIN!!!!
Which one of those teams has a winning record? The Wizards...1-0...lol
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Well, I must say I almost changed the channel after the first inning but I hung around. Affeldt was the only person that had a bad game.
i kept coming in and out of the office checking the score, i just left it up on my screen, and, when they were rallying for that 5 run inning, i was so excited to see who was doing the damage, buck, berroa, then when teahen got his first hit of the year, and rbi single to give us the lead, wow.

good stuff tonite.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

it was so fun sitting at happy hour watching the come back...the entire bar was cheering.  This city is such a baseball fan, they just need a reason.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Well, I must say I almost changed the channel after the first inning but I hung around. Affeldt was the only person that had a bad game.
I was there. They cancelled the after-game fireworks due to the weather, which was a shame, because we were huddling up in the bitter wind to wait up for them. I would disagree with you on that, Cracka - Mike Wood had a really rough inning and Mark Teahen struck out 4 times.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Boognish wrote: I was there. They cancelled the after-game fireworks due to the weather, which was a shame, because we were huddling up in the bitter wind to wait up for them. I would disagree with you on that, Cracka - Mike Wood had a really rough inning and Mark Teahen struck out 4 times.
i do not know that giving up one run was a really bad inning. i mean, i was watching the in game progress, he gave up a couple of hits and a run, but, one run and 3 hits over 2 innings is hardly a terrible game.

teahen, did struggle, but, the upside, is he did get his first hit of the year, and a key rbi. but, the whiffs, they sucked, what was up with that??

i heard the crowd was like 24,000, and the majority stayed til the late innings and got to see the comeback. is that true?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KCPowercat wrote: it was so fun sitting at happy hour watching the come back...the entire bar was cheering.  This city is such a baseball fan, they just need a reason.
Amen to that.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

FCC Rules mandate that this program be blocked out in your area.

That Sucks!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

MidWestSider wrote: FCC Rules mandate that this program be blocked out in your area.

That Sucks!
Because it is WGN a Chicago Area TV Station. They want you to go to the games.

Teahen is having a rough time with the bat. He is a great infielder but so is Graffinino. Plus Graffinino can hit better than Sweeney. I say we make the switch and have Graffinino play 3rd and have Teahen play 1 game every 3 games that Graffinino plays.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Because it is WGN a Chicago Area TV Station. They want you to go to the games.
Yeah.. I was just saying that Blackout Rules SUCKED....

WAY TO GO!!  Bautista!!  6 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 5 BB, 5 K's
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

MidWestSider wrote: Yeah.. I was just saying that Blackout Rules SUCKED....

WAY TO GO!!  Bautista!!  6 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 5 BB, 5 K's

i kept saying he was the man this spring!!!!

how bout that team captain of ours, sweeney, 2 run homer to give us the lead????
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Bautista looked amazing today. Elmer Dessens looked pretty good in his 1 inning also. DeJesus was out of the lineup already with a strained left hamstring. They said they are keeping him on a day to day basis.
Last edited by KansasCityCraka on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Bautista looked great today. Of course he looked great in his first start last year. He is tantalizing! Hopefully he keeps it up.

And Sweeney sure shut those boo-birds up today. I had to watch the game on WGN today and it was nice to hear Sweeney shut Hawk Harrelson up. I hate that guy! Great game! I love 4-3 games!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: All the "veteran presence" and "clubhouse leadership" of Grudz, Sweeney and Sanders couldn't get a run home from third with no outs. Wonderful.
you been happier with this veteran presence the last two games?
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

kcdcchef wrote: i do not know that giving up one run was a really bad inning. i mean, i was watching the in game progress, he gave up a couple of hits and a run, but, one run and 3 hits over 2 innings is hardly a terrible game.

teahen, did struggle, but, the upside, is he did get his first hit of the year, and a key rbi. but, the whiffs, they sucked, what was up with that??

i heard the crowd was like 24,000, and the majority stayed til the late innings and got to see the comeback. is that true?
Most of the crowd stayed because it was supposed to be a fireworks night. As soon as they announced the cancellation (middle of 8th), most left, but the comeback had already taken place. I stayed, but I'm a diehard. And I don't blame them - it was windy, a tad rainy, and cold.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

Any one else curious as to why they didn't really shuffle the lineup at all, and just threw the rookie into Dejesus' #1 spot? I mean, geez, give the kid a chance.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Boognish wrote: Any one else curious as to why they didn't really shuffle the lineup at all, and just threw the rookie into Dejesus' #1 spot? I mean, geez, give the kid a chance.
not me. costa's minor league numbers are eerily similar to dejesus at this point in his minor league career, .300 hitter with just a few homers, good speed, i think they projected him at one point as a leadoff type too, so, it seemed obvius to put him there.

i just hope dejesus is back soon!!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Bill James has all but proven that lineup orders have no real effect on the outcome of the game.