GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah I didn't say I believed it.  Can't just believe everything you read on the internet about people's experiences in places like the K, etc.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

Great game today! =D>
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Here are some complaints about Cardinals fans that were posted on other forums:
Albert Pujols hit a single with no one on and 2 outs and the place erupted like he just hit a game winning homer.
-They complained because Budweiser products werent the only adult beverages available in the stadium. Seriously, GET OVER IT.
-They completely disregard the fact that there are Royals fans there and act like it is their own stadium.
-(This is the one that pissed me off the most) When Art Stewart's ceremony was going on, they would not stop talking. It was incredibly disrespectful and rude. Two fans behind me were complaining about it and one even had the balls to say "Who cares?". I promptly stood up and gave them a piece of my mind.
-On Saturday, a fan decided that it would be funny after I asked her to stop banging her rally racket (which was the DUMBEST IDEA EVER) to bang it in my ear everytime a Royals pitcher threw a ball or a Cardinals pitcher threw a strike.

Overall, Cardinals fans are about as classy as a beer at a funeral.
My St. Louis friends talk about how they will only go to day games because downtown STL is so dangerous at night. St. Louis is an incredibly dangerous city.
I had a similar experience happen to me, except it was some jack a** dude college kid and his buddies. Other fans in the area asked the usher to remove him. They did not only asking to stop. The kid hit the rally racket by my buddies ear, I grabed it out of his hand and punch a hole through it with my keys and tore the middle out. The section went wild in thanking me. The kid got a bit huffy and tough, when I stood up with my 6'5" frame, along with me 2 other friends both 6'8" (yes they both played college basketbal). needless to say the kids sat back down qucikly and left quickly during the half inning. 
I actually confronted one of my friends about why Cardinal fans dont go to Chicago. He then drew me a diagram that made sense and made me want to puke. It said "Chicago>St. Louis>Kansas City"

THIS ONE IS MINE:
They also kept hitting us with a Cardinals foam baseball bat every time the the Cards did something good.

In the first inning of Friday night's game, it looked like the Cardinals were going to score. The Cardinals fan behind us yelled, "Hey Royals fans! Put yourselves out of your misery and go kill yourselves!"

At one point, the Royals got a hit and the Cardinals fans behind us poured their beers on the people setting right next to me. I got a little beer on my shirt, but the other Royals fans were drench in beer.

Finally, after the Royals won Friday night, we were walking back to my car only to find a Cardinals fan peeing on my car's licenses plate (I have a Kansas City Royals frame).
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

schugg wrote: Great game today! =D>
It was great, despite the Royals not playing the best they can.
KC is the way to be!
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

AllThingsKC wrote: It was great, despite the Royals not playing the best they can.
I'll take a come from behind win on the road like that anytime!

now let's take 3 of 4 !!
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

12-15 .444 (April)
10-19 .344 (May)
16-11 .529  (June)
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I was pretty impressed with the comeback.  When we went down 5-1 and the first base ump started giving us the hose, there really wasn't much of a doubt in my mind that the Royals were ready to reel off another prolonged loosing streak.  We have just become kind of trained to expect that a winning streak will inevitably be followed by a face planting loosing streak - it really was a relief to see the team step up and nip the potential slide in the butt. 
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

Another good come from behind win!  good to break out of baltimore even!

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

schugg wrote: Another good come from behind win!  good to break out of baltimore even!

i had a great time at the game on wednesday at oriole park at camden yards. heckuva game, too bad they lost. i feel bad for gil meche, everytime that bastard pitches we fail to score runs. poor guy.

not sure how many of you have been to oriole park at camden yards, but GREAT place to catch a ball game. excellent fans, beautiful park, good food, and every seat is a good seat.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: i had a great time at the game on wednesday at oriole park at camden yards. heckuva game, too bad they lost. i feel bad for gil meche, everytime that bastard pitches we fail to score runs. poor guy.

not sure how many of you have been to oriole park at camden yards, but GREAT place to catch a ball game. excellent fans, beautiful park, good food, and every seat is a good seat.
I've heard that from a lot of people, but I found it kinda disappointing. I think the Inner Harbor is great, but Camden Yards is already starting to show its age. I do love that they have hot dog vendors wandering the stands. And the dogs are great. Why can't the K get that?!?!?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

KCMax wrote: I've heard that from a lot of people, but I found it kinda disappointing. I think the Inner Harbor is great, but Camden Yards is already starting to show its age. I do love that they have hot dog vendors wandering the stands. And the dogs are great. Why can't the K get that?!?!?
I've seen more hot dog vendors in the stands this year at The K - even on non-"dollar nights". The dogs aren't great, but keep an eye out for some poor shmuck shlepping around a hot, metal Shweigerts box in 100 degree temps. He's hard to miss.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

At least we're back to playing AL teams again.  Max  must be thrilled.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I'm a little late here, but I have one request for the Royals.

Please get rid of or reduce the amount of times you try to make the crowd loud with graphics etc.

I went to the Cards game on Friday and was embarrassed by the amount of times the stadium did that, more than usual for some reason.

I looked around the not a single cards fan responded to the antics and few Royals fans did.  Royals fan were much louder when they did their own chants "lets go royals" etc without being asked to by the stadium.

We were in St Louis for the rest of the series and watched/listened to the games via their networks.

The only negative they said about the Royals or the stadium was how they "needed" encouragement by the stadium to get loud.

They compared us to minor league parks and oh yea...Miami.

KC baseball fans are good fans that can be quiet but do get into the game without the Tbones "get loud meters" etc.

Did anybody else notice this?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: I've seen more hot dog vendors in the stands this year at The K - even on non-"dollar nights". The dogs aren't great, but keep an eye out for some poor shmuck shlepping around a hot, metal Shweigerts box in 100 degree temps. He's hard to miss.
I think they did scale back the roaming vendors the last few years - on slow nights you don't really notice it but on the rare nights were they get a semi-full crowd and the concession lines are long, it can be painfully long before a vendor makes it your way. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I guess the All Star nomination didn't boost The Mexicutioner's confidence.  :x
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I guess the All Star nomination didn't boost The Mexicutioner's confidence.  :x
Whatever. He knew that Buck and Aviles would pick him up. He just wanted to pad his win total.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Vote for Guillen!!! He is in 2nd place right now for the last AL spot.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/ ... allot.html

You can vote as many times as you want!

Winner is announced thursday.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Vote for Guillen!!! He is in 2nd place right now for the last AL spot.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/ ... allot.html

You can vote as many times as you want!

Winner is announced thursday.
If you can vote as many times as you want than Jermaine Dye is a shoe in!  (you know, because he is from Chicago!)