GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by AllThingsKC »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Chen is probably still good enough to start over Davis, but they're making it work.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Took 20 series last season before our first 3 game sweep. So, this is what a legitimate major league pitching rotation looks like.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

mean wrote:The Royals are on pace for a record of 121-61! Somehow I don't think that will happen.
Mainly because they only play 162 games.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I think these next 11 games will test how good or bad the royals really are, they will be playing some really quality opponents. The phillies and twins are really bad teams
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oops, where the hell did I get 182!?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

mean wrote:Oops, where the hell did I get 182!?
Regular Season (162)
Play in Game (1)
LDS (5)
LCS (7)
WS (7)

Total 182.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Hah!
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

WSPanic wrote:
mean wrote:Oops, where the hell did I get 182!?
Regular Season (162)
Play in Game (1)
LDS (5)
LCS (7)
WS (7)

Total 182.
How unreal would it be if the Royals won the World Series, forcing every post-season series to the limit (game 5 or 7), and having to win a play-in for the Wild Card? That would mean the Royals were second in the division after winning 109 games (based on 121-61). There would be at least two 109+ game winners in the ALS, and the Royals would likely face the first place AL Central team in the five game LDS. On the downside, you could have the same ultimate record if you won 110 games in the regular season and lost game 7 of the World Series.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I went to the last two games, got drenched walking to the car after Tuesday night's game and was frozen to the core and slightly wet the entire night. Those were two of the best Royals games I've went to in all of my 23 years. I love watching this team right now.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Anyone know why the premiere of 42 appears to be taking place in a strip mall somewhere in suburban KC? The KC part I understand. The rest of it, not so much. Here's a photo of Harrison Ford on the red carpet with a Linens N Things Shoe Carnival towering over his shoulder:
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

chaglang wrote:Anyone know why the premiere of 42 appears to be taking place in a strip mall somewhere in suburban KC? The KC part I understand. The rest of it, not so much. Here's a photo of Harrison Ford on the red carpet with a Linens N Things Shoe Carnival towering over his shoulder:
maybe so the stars would be close to the airport and could leave right after the movie, or possibly because AMC have more leverage than Alamo Drafthouse
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Was watching on MLB last night when Quentin charged. Ridiculous. Mattingly is right - he should be suspended until Greinke can play again. For someone that gets hit as much as Carlos, it's strange he finally picked this one to go crazy on. At least Zack led with his non-throwing shoulder.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

WSPanic wrote:Was watching on MLB last night when Quentin charged. Ridiculous. Mattingly is right - he should be suspended until Greinke can play again. For someone that gets hit as much as Carlos, it's strange he finally picked this one to go crazy on. At least Zack led with his non-throwing shoulder.
I bet Quentin breaks a personal record for HBP this year. Obviously, the Dodgers will be all over him, but I could see other pitchers on other teams letting one fly. They are already frustrated enought with how he crowds the plate. Now they have a reason to bean him and will get publicity for doing so.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

There is a history between the two, 3rd time G has hit him, plus earlier in the game there was a high pitch by a Padre to a Dodger.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:There is a history between the two, 3rd time G has hit him, plus earlier in the game there was a high pitch by a Padre to a Dodger.
Quentin has a HBP history with everyone. He's Don Baylor resurrected. He's probably had 50 HBPs since the last time Greinke hit him.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

pash wrote:I don't think I've watched a Padres game since Tony Gwynn was playing. Is Quentin always right on top of the plate, or what?
Yes. He gets hit a ton. He only recently started playing for San Diego. He was with Chicago for awhile, so we saw him a lot, so I don't know if he and Greinke haev a history from their days in KC and Chciago.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Pitchers should be allowed to carry tasers. That would make charging the mound so much more entertaining.