GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Gordon up, DDJ to the DL. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

And the news gets worse - after examination DDJ is apparently done for the year. 
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: And the news gets worse - after examination DDJ is apparently done for the year. 
Wow... just wait until Greinke catches mono, gives it to Soria via lemonade cup, then Northwest Arkansas AA succombs to a strange occurrence of radiation poisioning.  We will re-hire Tony Pena, trade Billy Butler for Tony Pena Jr. and Angel Berroa (yes, Yuni, TPJ, and Angel in the same infield!), and somehow Jose Lima and Albie Lopez will return from the dead (literally and figuratively, respectively) to loft 80 MPH home run practice balls for 162 days a year.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Jesus Christ you have got to be kidding me http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/19356341013
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

bobbyhawks wrote: Wow... just wait until Greinke catches mono, gives it to Soria via lemonade cup, then Northwest Arkansas AA succombs to a strange occurrence of radiation poisioning.  We will re-hire Tony Pena, trade Billy Butler for Tony Pena Jr. and Angel Berroa (yes, Yuni, TPJ, and Angel in the same infield!), and somehow Jose Lima and Albie Lopez will return from the dead (literally and figuratively, respectively) to loft 80 MPH home run practice balls for 162 days a year.
LIMA TIME!!!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

phuqueue wrote: Jesus Christ you have got to be kidding me http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/19356341013
That would be awesome. At least if we're going to suck, let's suck hard. Its like Dayton is trying to do everything he can do to prove sabermetrics right by doing the complete opposite and failing miserably.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

He's setting himself up as a symbol that the entire baseball world can unite against, to bring us a brighter future through his own brutal downfall.
ragreader
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ragreader »

From Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports...
The Mets and Royals are discussing a trade that would result in an exchange of Mets left-hander Oliver Perez for Royals righty Gil Meche — and possibly more.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Mets ... che-072510
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

JFC, Greinke.  6 earned runs in the first and a fucking grand slam to the Twins?

Wow, dude.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

ragreader wrote: From Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Mets ... che-072510

I doubt this is true, but does anyone else wonder why no one has ever tried converting Oliver Perez into a reliever?
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

Boognish wrote: I doubt this is true, but does anyone else wonder why no one has ever tried converting Oliver Perez into a reliever?
I wonder why no one has tried to convert Dayton Moore from employed to unemployed.

Another lost season.

You gotta wonder where the Royals will find their fans after all of the people who watched them from '69 to '85 are all dead or infirm.

20+ years of stupidity and total and incomprehensible bungling in the front office does not a fan base make. 

To think, they kicked ass when I was growing up here in K.C. which culminated in their first WS appearance when I was a senior in H.S. and then won the WS when I was 21. After that...... 
There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.   Harry Callahan

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.  Hunter S. Thompson
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

19-0 in the 8th on a night your supposed "ace" is on the mound.  :lol:

I mean, seriously, at some point you simply have to laugh at this fucking clown show.

Lol. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

We get it, you don't like the Royals. But only show up after bad losses?  Come on.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Don't be silly, KCP.

Love the Royals, but still after all of these years hate to see the once proud franchise I grew up with reduced to this pile of shit and the laughing stock of all of professional sports. These aren't the Royals.  This isn't major league baseball.  This is a fucking comedy, whether or not you want to admit it.

25 years since a fucking playoff appearance, KCP.  25 years.  Maybe that doesn't register.  The laughing stock of professional sports?  As a Kansas Citian, that seriously does not bother you?

So, go ahead and sit around and quietly watch these guys take it in the ass game after game, season after season, decade after decade and then criticize others for blowing off a little steam every once in a while as this bunch of bums kicks it around the yard and embarrasses this city.  If that's your definition of being a true fan, congrats, bud, you're at the top of the list.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Boognish wrote: I doubt this is true, but does anyone else wonder why no one has ever tried converting Oliver Perez into a reliever?
This. Seems like what you'd do to salvage his value. Maybe in a short outing he can sharpen his command.

But there's no way I'd want the Royals to be that team. FWIW, Jason Stark quotes a source that says the Royals are not interested in Franceour or Perez.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

KCMax wrote: This. Seems like what you'd do to salvage his value. Maybe in a short outing he can sharpen his command.

But there's no way I'd want the Royals to be that team. FWIW, Jason Stark quotes a source that says the Royals are not interested in Franceour or Perez.
I assume the combination of him being a head-case, walking anything that moves and giving up a ton of home runs have made the Mets a little gun shy about putting him in their bullpen. Plus, he was still a serviceable starter in '07 and '08. Not worth three yrs/$36m -but still worth having in the rotation.

But, I assume we'll have to see him in the bullpen next year. Someone (assuming it will be the Mets) still owe him $12m for 2011 - so they're going to have do something.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
szazzy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by szazzy »

19-1 beatdown by our division rival - right as we reach the point of the season that most fans start looking for the Chiefs...it's so depressing sometimes it's funny. If this team is ever even 5 games over 500 this late in the season, the support would be phenomenal. Going on 25 years of struggles with 2-3 bright spots in there. I just turned 31. I'm seriously worried the 85 World Series will be the highlight of my Royals fandom and I was 6. Even a playoff appearance in my adult lifetime would trump that for me, I don't need much.

Then again, I was in New Orleans this year when the Saints won the Superbowl. I guess anything is possible.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

KCMax wrote: This. Seems like what you'd do to salvage his value. Maybe in a short outing he can sharpen his command.

I would have been willing to give it a shot with the Royals on three conditions: the Soria trade to the Yankees had gone through, he comes with a C grade prospect for the trouble, and of course, the big one, the Mets would pick up at least 80% of that awful contract. If you can harness his stuff and sharpen his command for just half a season, you could sell him again as an above average closer and make quite a haul.

Of course, these moves indicate to the fanbase that the Royals can't compete in 2011, but that's okay for me. Why would I mind indicating something that's true while trying to build an actual good team for 2012 or 2013?
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

I would like to see the Commissioner stop with the charades concerning the quality of teams and force the Royals to get the team up to MLB quality or kick them out until they do.

Or...

I would like MLB resort to having a two tier system like they use in soccer. Good teams in the A League, the rest in the B League. When a team can prove they are up to the standards of a major league division by winning the majority of their games, then they get a one year shot at the A league. If they falter, they go back to the B's to try again.

Paying major league prices to see a team that is well short of that quality of play is tantamount to swindling the fans.

I do happen to believe that the office of the Commissioner is happy with how things are going and is happy to continue this situation, along with the owners of the big market teams, because it continues to provide the big market teams with what is basically a bunch of AAAA players that they can cherry pick from in their own back yards.

I also believe that with Dayton as GM and Glass as the owner the Royals will continue to be in the toilet year after year.

There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.   Harry Callahan

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.  Hunter S. Thompson
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

Gil Meche to have surgery, season over.