GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by beautyfromashes »

kcdcchef wrote: who do you see that we have in our system that is a better utility OF and IF?? please name someone. thanks.
Sorry Chef, but, you're wrong on this one.  To be a utility OF and 1B (Gload doesn't play any other IF position) you HAVE to have power.  You have to be able to come off the bench and possibly change the game with a dinger.  Gload can't do it.  There is no need for defensive replacements in the American League.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: he has had numerous chances, he sucks, gload is a better hitter.

gload is a better hitter. bloomie can play more positions. i dont think bloomquist can do the OF that well though.

teahen is a better hitter and athlete in all capacities, no doubt. but mark teahen is also deserving of a starting nod, and has actually been about as good as alex gordon the past two years. i am hoping mark can win the 2B job.

yeah, sure. neither of these fuckups are major leaguers.
Gload sucks.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

kcdcchef wrote: which is why he was sent to AAA two years running based on shitty springs. in 2007, buddy bell and who ever the hitting coach was that year ( barnett? ) spent two hours after a game working with him on hitting right there on the diamond after a game.
Berroa's spring training batting averages:
2002: .297
2003: .308
2004: .323
2005: .441
2006: .451
2007: .263
2008: .250
2009: .500

Sorry, Berroa had two mediocre springs to go with six excellent ones.  He does not hit well *every* spring.  I stand corrected.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Puhqueue wins. Ballgame.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

phuqueue wrote: Berroa's spring training batting averages:
2002: .297
2003: .308
2004: .323
2005: .441
2006: .451
2007: .263
2008: .250
2009: .500

Sorry, Berroa had two mediocre springs to go with six excellent ones.  He does not hit well *every* spring.  I stand corrected.

goddamn you have a lot of time on your hands. and you were wrong. berroa does not hit well every spring. i bet you could look up those other springs ( since we both know you have time to do it ) and see how many trash hits he has against AA pitchers.

and again, you were wrong. berroa does not rip the cover off the ball every spring. 08 and 07, he did not. so, therefore, you were wrong. just repeating it so you and your lapdog ndteve can read it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

kcdcchef wrote:
goddamn you have a lot of time on your hands. and you were wrong. berroa does not hit well every spring. i bet you could look up those other springs ( since we both know you have time to do it ) and see how many trash hits he has against AA pitchers.

and again, you were wrong. berroa does not rip the cover off the ball every spring. 08 and 07, he did not. so, therefore, you were wrong. just repeating it so you and your lapdog ndteve can read it.
I never said anything about the quality of pitching he faced in spring training, all I said is that he hits well.  Clearly he does it because the level of competition in spring training is not very good -- this is exactly the argument that you are presented with every time you declare that some has been/never was nobody like Damon Hollins "won" a job with his strong spring.  Do you think that he's facing any better competition in Florida with the Yankees than he did in Arizona with the Royals?  And yet here you are, asserting that his spring training performance has made him a "serious contender" for the Yankees third base job.  Because if there's any team that lacks the resources to go out and get someone better than Angel Berroa, it's clearly going to be the Yankees (or maybe they don't want to since he's "earning the job" with his outstanding performance).
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

phuqueue wrote: I never said anything about the quality of pitching he faced in spring training, all I said is that he hits well.  Clearly he does it because the level of competition in spring training is not very good -- this is exactly the argument that you are presented with every time you declare that some has been/never was nobody like Damon Hollins "won" a job with his strong spring.  Do you think that he's facing any better competition in Florida with the Yankees than he did in Arizona with the Royals?  And yet here you are, asserting that his spring training performance has made him a "serious contender" for the Yankees third base job.  Because if there's any team that lacks the resources to go out and get someone better than Angel Berroa, it's clearly going to be the Yankees (or maybe they don't want to since he's "earning the job" with his outstanding performance).
hey, i am just reading comments made by yankee fans asserting berroa is challenging for the job. he may be, they have no one in their system. you want me to link you to the story where people are saying he may get it?? ( same one where they say yanks are interested in teahen )
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

kcdcchef wrote: hey, i am just reading comments made by yankee fans asserting berroa is challenging for the job. he may be, they have no one in their system. you want me to link you to the story where people are saying he may get it?? ( same one where they say yanks are interested in teahen )
I pretty much don't ever trust fan speculation on personnel decisions (and that includes people here talking about the Royals, and that includes my own speculation).  I hope they're right, though.  I hope Berroa really is going to win the job.  It'll be nice for the Royals to only have to face an eight-man lineup when the Yankees come to town.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

:lol:

The famous Chef strong arm technique.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think Berroa is being considered, but everything I have read says Cody Ransom will get the job unless the Yankees acquire someone.

KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Heard an interesting stat on the radio yesterday:  Every player in the Royals' projected (or hypothicated) opening day lineup will have - at some point in their career - hit double-digit homeruns in a season.

I doubt this is really that spectactular, but certainly unfamiliar territory for the Royals. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I think Berroa is being considered, but everything I have read says Cody Ransom will get the job unless the Yankees acquire someone.
a lot of people in the yanks system are not that excited about a thirty something with 183 unsuccessful MLB at bats starting at third base.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KC-wildcat wrote: Heard an interesting stat on the radio yesterday:  Every player in the Royals' projected (or hypothicated) opening day lineup will have - at some point in their career - hit double-digit homeruns in a season.

I doubt this is really that spectactular, but certainly unfamiliar territory for the Royals.   
I guess this assumes Teahen is the Opening Day 2B, because neither Bloomquist or Callaspo have done this. I don't think Teahen will be the Opening Day 2B.

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Hopefully the Yanks trade for Tea-bags so we can clear that 3.6M off our books this eyar.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I guess this assumes Teahen is the Opening Day 2B, because neither Bloomquist or Callaspo have done this. I don't think Teahen will be the Opening Day 2B.
canada getting knocked out of the wbc in the first 5 days helps teahens chances, now he gets 4 weeks to win the job.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

Maitre D wrote: Hopefully the Yanks trade for Tea-bags so we can clear that 3.6M off our books this eyar.
Wow I didn't know he made that much.  How is that possible?  I'd keep Teahan over Gload obviously, but one of em has to go.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The Jimmy Gobble Era is over. Royals release the left-hander.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: The Jimmy Gobble Era is over. Royals release the left-hander.
i wonder after he clears waivers, which, he probably will, does he stay on with the royals at AAA.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

It's best just to let him go.  My guess is that Horatio Ramirez hasn't done enough to make the starting rotation and will be the lefty out of the bullpen.  Look for the Royals to make a trade for a lefty starter, perhaps to the Astros who just lost Aaron Boone for the season and have a 36 year old with no power at 3B.  If they can trade Teahan or Buck for a decent lefty fifth starter then they should do it.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: i wonder after he clears waivers, which, he probably will, does he stay on with the royals at AAA.
They placed him on release waivers, meaning they don't want him. Too bad, he was pretty effective against lefties and Trey really mishandled him badly last year.