Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Chiefs

Post by Gladstoner »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: It's almost like marrying a girl who wants to retain her maiden name, vs. retaining the name of her ex husband.
eg. Hillary Rodham vs. Teresa Heinz.
A fool and your money are soon united.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Gladstoner wrote: eg. Hillary Rodham vs. Teresa Heinz.
Funny, I recall being around twelve or so years old back in the early nineties and hearing some blowhard conservative talk radio commentator my dad was listening to calling her "Hillary Rotten Clinton."

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

Tosspot wrote: Funny, I recall being around twelve or so years old back in the early nineties and hearing some blowhard conservative talk radio commentator my dad was listening to calling her "Hillary Rotten Clinton."
I've also heard that one, as well as "Hillary Rottweiler Clinton", "Hildabeast", "Wicked Witch of the East Wing"..... I could go on, but I won't. :)
A fool and your money are soon united.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

Tosspot wrote: Funny, I recall being around twelve or so years old back in the early nineties and hearing some blowhard conservative talk radio commentator my dad was listening to calling her "Hillary Rotten Clinton."
The world famous conservative wit at it's finest form, clinging deeply to it's roots of the hidden stairwell in middle school where illicit cigarettes are consumed.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Boognish wrote: The world famous conservative wit at it's finest form, clinging deeply to it's roots of the hidden stairwell in middle school where illicit cigarettes are consumed.
there is no such thing as wit in the world of conservatives.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

...continued from the "KC awarded superbowl" thread

chef you fail to mention other teams that have been through the rebuilding process; Arizona, Detroit, Buffalo..  It doesn't always end in a championship.

Will KC support a team that's in a severe rebuilding phase?
Last edited by MidWestSider on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Rebuilding has worked really well for the Royals.  :lol:
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

MidWestSider wrote: ...continued from the "KC awarded superbowl" thread

chef you fell to mention other teams that have been through the rebuilding process; Arizona, Detroit, Buffalo..  It doesn't always end in a championship.

Will KC support a team that's in a severe rebuilding phase?
there is a difference between rebuilding, and poor management. detroit, arizona, and buffalo will always be rebuilding. teams like green bay, dallas, miami, seattle, are all examples of rebuilding done right.
KCMax wrote: Rebuilding has worked really well for the Royals. :lol:
guess we will see in a year, because god knows this is their first time ever sticking with a youth movement as opposed to abandoning it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Sundodger
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sundodger »

kcdcchef wrote: there is no such thing as wit in the world of conservatives.
Other way around, according to Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who bash both sides on their show South Park.  Lefties can't take satire or jokes that well.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Pro Bowl Selection: 12/21/05

Roaf
Shields
Waters
Gonzalez

and..

Larry Johnson!!  How does Priest come back to that?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Somehow Jared Allen was forgotten????

KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

KCMax wrote: Somehow Jared Allen was forgotten????
Ugh... Don't even start me on that. He definitely got ripped off, Although Freeney is a hell of a DE, i'll give him that.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

KCMax wrote: Somehow Jared Allen was forgotten????
Well, a third of the votes come from fans nationwide and they tend to remember winners.  Jared Allen is a winner trapped amongst a bunch of defensive losers.  Hopefully someday he'll get the respect he deserves but I got a feeling that day will only come if the rest of the Chiefs defense steps up also.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

plenty of deserving players don't make the pro bowl who should, and a few make it who shouldn't.  such is life, jared allen just hasn't quite risen to be one of the top 3 defensive ends iin the AFC just yet.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

My 2006-07 predictions:

Home Games
Denver-W, Oakland-W, San Diego-W, Baltimore-W, Cincinnati-L, San Francisco-W, Seattle-L, Jacksonville-W

Away Games
Denver-L, Oakland-W, San Diego-L, Cleveland-W, Pittsburgh-L, Arizona-W, St. Louis-W, Miami-W

11-5
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Well thats nice but realistically its way too early to be predicting outcomes. Teams have yet to draft, hire coaches, bring in FA, and of course, sometimes teams aren't as good (NY Jets) or bad (Chicago) as we think they will be. The NFL is probably the most difficult league to predict.

But as things are now, I agree with you. I rather doubt they really do finish 11-5 though.

KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

MidWestSider wrote: My 2006-07 predictions:

Home Games
Denver-W, Oakland-W, San Diego-W, Baltimore-W, Cincinnati-L, San Francisco-W, Seattle-L, Jacksonville-W

Away Games
Denver-L, Oakland-W, San Diego-L, Cleveland-W, Pittsburgh-L, Arizona-W, St. Louis-W, Miami-W

11-5
That's a very good prediction based on the teams talent this year... But a lot will change in the offseason.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: That's a very good prediction based on the teams talent this year... But a lot will change in the offseason.

and who coaches this team, and who retires. we lose roaf, we are up a creek. the chiefs also should really consider an nfl caliber receiver. kennison does ok, and gonzalez is a great tight end, but c'mon, we need a real receiver bad.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Can anyone explain to me why the Chiefs still sell out? Because they finally got competitive even though didn't make the playoffs and haven't won a playoff game in how long?

I just feel bad we have so many fans of the Chiefs and they have treated them so poorly in terms of outcome. Mizzou has had more success in basketball under Quinn Snyder than the Chiefs have had in the last 10 years. And Mizzou fans aren't filling up the arena there and it's a fraction of Arrowhead. I don't get it.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

trailerkid wrote:

I just feel bad we have so many fans of the Chiefs and they have treated them so poorly in terms of outcome. Mizzou has had more success in basketball under Quinn Snyder than the Chiefs have had in the last 10 years. And Mizzou fans aren't filling up the arena there and it's a fraction of Arrowhead. I don't get it.

or the 2003 royals. in first place 5 out of 6 months. and kauffman was still empty.