Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Chiefs

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The Chiefs have shitcanned Bill Kuharich and most of the scouting staff.  There is a big vote of confidence in our recent draft!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

They knew they were going to go before the draft. Most new GM's fire the scouts and bring in their own people. This isn't a shocker.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: So, Tony had a press conference today at a hotel dt to say goodbye and that when he retires he will be a Chief. It was to talk to the press mainly. Apparently know one from the Chiefs showed up. But King Carl did.
That's too bad.  Shameful.  At least Carl was a classy guy, its the least any of the CURRENT members of management, or the team, could have done.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: That's too bad.  Shameful.  At least Carl was a classy guy, its the least any of the CURRENT members of management, or the team, could have done.
The team already hosted a press conference with Tony out at 1 Arrowhead Dr. with all of the appropriate send-off and pat on the back speaches.  This was Tony's private shin-dig - who knows if he even invited anyone from the front office. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think that is the first time "Carl" and "classy" have been used in the same sentence.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCMax wrote: I think that is the first time "Carl" and "classy" have been used in the same sentence.
Exactly what I was thinking.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: I think that is the first time "Carl" and "classy" have been used in the same sentence.
Does it really count as "classy" when 90% of your motive is probably to show up your former employer/replacement and remind the public that you wouldn't have 'let Tony get away'? 
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Rumors: Boldin or James to Kansas City now

Headline on ESPN insider... I don't have an account so i couldnt read it.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

I would love Boldin. Not really sure why we would want James, even if we did trade/cut LJ at some point. Edge is a better receiver than LJ and knows Haley's system so that is a benefit. But I still think LJ will be better. I would prefer us to just cut him if we cant get a trade and use Charles/Smith.

The Chiefs have signed C Eric Ghiaciuc today.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

The headline is misleading.  It's all based on a blog post by Bill Williamson suggesting that the Chiefs should pursue Boldin and James.

Bill Williamson, ESPN.com's AFC West blogger, brought up the notion of the Chiefs  pursuing Boldin and James, both Cardinals last season, in a blog post last night.

Local KC media doesn't have updates on Scott Pioli's interest in James, but it seems like a potentially decent fit. Larry Johnson has seemingly declined and James, while not as quick as he once was, is still a durable back. Plus, leadership like Z. Thomas, M. Cassel and M. Vrabel coupled with James would be good for another AFC West squad trying to become Bill Belichick West.

Larry Johnson from three years ago plus Edge from last year's playoffs, though - that should terrify the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LJ technically had better numbers last year than the previous year or two...but apparently according to many modern NFL guru's that's a decline???  Perhaps a decline in playing time, but a decline in productivity...no.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The Chiefs have given Cassel a six year/$63 mil contract, about $29 mil guaranteed. 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: The Chiefs have given Cassel a six year/$63 mil contract, about $29 mil guaranteed. 
Interesting. Does that mean we don't have to pay him the $14million franchise tag amount this year?

I would have been OK waiting on this, but I'm so sick of Dayton Moore right now that I think Pioli can do no wrong.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: Interesting. Does that mean we don't have to pay him the $14million franchise tag amount this year?

I would have been OK waiting on this, but I'm so sick of Dayton Moore right now that I think Pioli can do no wrong.
He will not carry the Chief's franchise tag.  However, given that the deal is front loaded a bit, I don't know that the year one price will be much different than had we operated under the Patriots' price.  This is more about locking him up and not having to worry about it down the line . .  . like when the Chiefs are still struggling to find that first win half way through the season and Cassel might start thinking that he needs to catch the first train out of this mess. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs sign WR Amani "Its not a" Toomer
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Sounds good to me. Only a 1 year deal, signing a veteran can never hurt if you are only signing him for a short period.