Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
cknab1
Ambassador

Re: Chiefs

Post by cknab1 »

Really, after all Tony Gonzalez has done for the city and each and every time I have seen him out and about he has always been just a great guy.  His Shadow Buddies foundation helps a lot of people and he has been nothing but a class act for the city.  How many thugs have the Chiefs gone thru since he has been here.  And you would think that the Chiefs could have found a way to get this done in front of the fans and his family.  He isn’t worried about getting the record because that will fall next week.  We were just trying to kill the clock and get a field goal to go up ten.  A short pass over the middle would have been a piece of cake.  It was great the way the crowd reacted when he was hurt after the touchdown catch.  Breaking Shannon Sharpe’s record while playing the Broncos would have been extra sweet.  I know the coaching staff has to game plan for the Broncos but if no one though about what the Chiefs should do if Tony got that close to the record it is just another indication of how clueless this organization is.  I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1984 and it just kills me each time the organization lets something like this pass.  And it isn’t just the Chiefs, it’s like when the Bears didn’t give the ball to Walter Payton in the Super Bowl and let the Fridge score.  Lack of Class, period.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Lack of class could also describe a player whining about not breaking an individual record after the first win in almost a year.

I would rather have had him break it at home last week and I don't think Tony is classless, just a little upset he couldn't do it at home, which is fine. To blame the chiefs organization for it seems a little much though.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Who CARES if we lose on one of the last plays because we tried to get Tony G the ball!!! You guys act like we're undefeated and might actually make the playoffs this season!  Sure we got a "W" outta the deal, but its about the big picture, and this year is not looking all that great!  Just as many things can go wrong on a run!  Most our fumbles are on Runs anyways!! Imagine that!  The least we could have done is give Tony the ball ONE more time, after how many times he has singlehandedly WON the Chiefs a game.  Lamar would be turning in his grave if he knew the blatent disrespect that Tony recieved from the coaching staff, during and after the game.  We are damned lucky to still have the man, it takes A LOT to stay with a BAD team.  We OWE him.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

TG was disrespected because the coach followed normal practices to win a game....this has to be some sort of joke.

The point is to win games....if the Tony fanboys were angered, that's on them and Tony.

I can't imagine the uproar if a Huard pass was picked and returned for a TD for the purpose of an individual record.  settle down...everybody loves TG, he will get plenty of props.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: TG was disrespected because the coach followed normal practices to win a game....this has to be some sort of joke.

The point is to win games....if the Tony fanboys were angered, that's on them and Tony.

I can't imagine the uproar if a Huard pass was picked and returned for a TD for the purpose of an individual record.  settle down...everybody loves TG, he will get plenty of props.
The point is,
WE AREN'T GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR!

Where's the hurt if we lose that game?  At least if we pass that ball to TG and lose, we go down fighting...instead of curling our tail beneath our legs and pissing on the field. 

Using your, and herms judgement, you'd pass to TG if we we're behind and not ahead in a game?  Maybe thats the issue.  Is rushing not as big a risk as passing.  Historically rushing plays have caused more turnovers than passing plays.  We know what the problem is though...You'd play not to lose, instead of trying to win.  Maybe thats why the Wildcats always look like a neutered p*ssy on the field.  Wildcats...raarrrr!

PS. Manhattan is calling, they want their fan back.  I heard the wagon leaves in 5...might want to hurry up.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Awesome.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Just as many things can go wrong on a run! 
False.  Not only can you have interceptions on pass plays and not run plays, but also QB's and receivers are nearly twice as likely to fumble as RB's. 

"Three things can happen on a pass play, and two of them are bad" 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: The point is,
WE AREN'T GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR!

Where's the hurt if we lose that game?  At least if we pass that ball to TG and lose, we go down fighting...instead of curling our tail beneath our legs and pissing on the field. 

Using your, and herms judgement, you'd pass to TG if we we're behind and not ahead in a game?  Maybe thats the issue.  Is rushing not as big a risk as passing.  Historically rushing plays have caused more turnovers than passing plays.  We know what the problem is though...You'd play not to lose, instead of trying to win.  Maybe thats why the Wildcats always look like a neutered p*ssy on the field.  Wildcats...raarrrr!

PS. Manhattan is calling, they want their fan back.  I heard the wagon leaves in 5...might want to hurry up.
Tell that to Herm and a bunch of guys trying to keep their job. Lets risk fucking this up to be "nice guys"
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

LenexatoKCMO wrote:"Three things can happen on a pass play, and two of them are bad" 
I count at least 12.  :P

1. Completion for a gain.
2. Completion for a loss.
3. Sack.
4. QB scramble for gain.
5. QB fumble, recovered by own team for gain.
6. QB fumble, recovered by own team for loss/no gain.
7. QB fumble, turnover.
8. Incomplete pass.
9. WR fumbles, recovered by own team for gain.
10. WR fumbles, recovered by own team for loss/no gain.
11. WR fumbles, turnover.
12. Interception.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

And a safety!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

That qoute is allegedly attributed to Woody Hayes - obviously if you want to get down into details the possible outcomes are endless:

#1478 - QB runs a reverse, WR completes a pass to the TE who laterals to the FB who fumbles the ball out of bounds for no net gain . . .
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

:lol:

Indeed.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Look, we've got a really young team that needs confidence and a winning mentality.  After losing the first three games, two of which were complete embarrasments, we desperately needed to right the ship.  

We come home and lay a beat down on our biggest rival who is 3-0 and very good.  Instead of applauding the effort of this young team, we are bitching about how we didn't throw the ball one more time to TG.  Wtf?  

Seriously, TG has been immoratlized in the Kansas City sports world.  He is the George Brett of the Kansas City Chiefs.  Can I blame the guy for wanting to break the record in front of his fans?  Absolutely not.  But as fans, don't rip Herm to shreds for not wanting to risk a turnover.  He needed a win.  This franchise needed a win.  And we got it.  At least for this week, I applaud Herm Edwards.  But, as goes life, next week will surely be a different story.  
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: That qoute is allegedly attributed to Woody Hayes - obviously if you want to get down into details the possible outcomes are endless:

#1478 - QB runs a reverse, WR completes a pass to the TE who laterals to the FB who fumbles the ball out of bounds for no net gain . . .
#1479 - pass is picked off, defensive player is punched out by aging coach
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: #1479 - pass is picked off, defensive player is punched out by aging coach

Touche!  Damn you Buckeyes
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

humiliating
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Great showing today guys!!! :lol:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

Chiefs aren't even worth talking about anymore.
This is no longer new news that they are terrible, notice nobody cares anymore.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCLover wrote: Chiefs aren't even worth talking about anymore.
This is no longer new news that they are terrible, notice nobody cares anymore.

That's kinda what Clark Hunt was hoping for.  He is 32 million under the cap this year (lowest payroll in the NFL!), so he'll pull probably 60M in profits this year.

This season was all about making money.  So why should he care if the Chiefs win 2 or 4 games?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Carl Peterson will be gone after this year and suspect Herm will follow him out the door shortly after.

Hopefully our young talent doesn't get too corrupted by all these hard times. Brandon Flowers and Carr are going to be awesome D Backs in the league one day. Albert will be a great LT. Bowe needs a real arm to get him the ball and get more consistent. We have a solid young core of players just give them time and a real organization.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.