Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Chiefs

Post by NDTeve »

Maitre D wrote:
You're not serious - are you?
Yes I am.
#1 Team running the ball
#1 Defense
#1 Giveway/Takeaway
Best Return Man in the league
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

NDTeve wrote: Yes I am.
#1 Team running the ball
#1 Defense
#1 Giveway/Takeaway
Best Return Man in the league
Against Aikman-Emmitt-Irvin in their prime.  Who won their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 seasons that year.

:roll:
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

Wow.  Do the Chiefs really suck this bad?
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

schugg wrote: Wow.  Do the Chiefs really suck this bad?
No, they suck more.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Remember when the Chiefs used to be better than the Royals?
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
mk1200
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mk1200 »

If I could think of the complete opposite of a very good NFL quarterback, it would be Tyler Thigpen.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

We got a steal on him from the Vikings.....Not.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

Remember when Chiefs blackouts were routine?
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

At least Clark is $32 million under the cap, so he can earn $ 60 million this season.

That's a positive out of this whole mess?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Marching on to 0-16!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Rams looking just as hapless. Man...we suck.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Hard to imagine they will be able to keep trotting out the "we need to find out what these guys can do" excuse much more than another week.  I think we can all pretty confidently move forward knowing just exactly what Tyler Thigpen can do. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

And Jarrad Page for that matter. I've been saying that guy sucks since day one. He proved it once again yesterday.
- Mark Twain
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Trotting out Coastal Carolina's Tyler Thigpen, is insultling to the Chiefs fan base.

Good work, Carl.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Maitre D wrote: Trotting out Coastal Carolina's Tyler Thigpen, is insultling to the Chiefs fan base.

Good work, Carl.
He did set numerous passing records at Coastal Carolina.

True, he was the first QB in the school's history, but still.....

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

But steve tasker said his arm had zip and he showed flashes :|

Yeah time to move on. Just not sure who to move on to?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KCPowercat wrote: But steve tasker said his arm had zip and he showed flashes :|

Yeah time to move on. Just not sure who to move on to?
That is the problem. I don't really see the point in playing Damon Huard. So we can lose by less? May as well keep throwing Thigpen out there in the slim chance he gets decent.

Surely though there must be some young QBs on waivers who look better than this guy. Trade a 7th round pick for a young backup on somebody's roster. Then again, this team seems to be awful at evaluating QBs. Who in their right mind looked at Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen and thought "these guys can be solid NFL quarterbacks!"

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: That is the problem. I don't really see the point in playing Damon Huard. So we can lose by less? May as well keep throwing Thigpen out there in the slim chance he gets decent.
Its more than just "loosing less" - how are the legitimate young players ever going to develop in the middle of this mess?  Does Dwayne Bowes' development move forward by having someone throw him passes out of bounds?  Does the offensive line make progress when the opponent can completely disregard the pass and tee off on the run?  How well are the young defenders going to develop if the opponent knows they can go out there and grind away at them with the run and keep the ball for 2/3 of the game while the Chief's go three and out every possession? 

Weren't we switching to Thigpen so we could try out all these mobile QB plays, bootlegs, designed QB runs, etc?  Anyone see any of that?  Its been the exact same three step drop and chuck that we saw with Huard.  The only running QB action we have seen is when McIntosh inevitably lets his man by. 

I bet we could get Culpepper cheap.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Stripe reported on the News last ntie, that the Thiefs have spent the last week trying to trade for Cleveland's Brady Quinn.   But that the Browns aren't happy with the trade offer.

By the way, don't you want to re-think your Matt Ryan criticism Max?   Sure would look good here in KC.   Rather than the Ryan Sims Part II instead.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Maitre D wrote: Stripe reported on the News last ntie, that the Thiefs have spent the last week trying to trade for Cleveland's Brady Quinn.  But that the Browns aren't happy with the trade offer.

By the way, don't you want to re-think your Matt Ryan criticism Max?  Sure would look good here in KC.  Rather than the Ryan Sims Part II instead.
He looks good, but through only three games, two of which are against Detroit and KC. Let's see where he is a year from now. Is Dorsey really playing that poorly? He looked pretty good in the first half Sunday I thought, although I wasn't watching him on every play.

Brady Quinn would be interesting, although I can't really see Cleveland trading him (besides, if Jack Harry said it you know its not true!) I can see us trading for Derek Anderson though once he starts sucking!

I see the point about putting players out there who can help the young player succeed (MD made the point last week). Having say another decent vet wideout would help develop Croyle (if he was healthy) and Bowe (taking the pressure off him). Having another decent vet O-lineman would probably help. Having a legit pass rusher would help the other linemen.

But hey, think of the Hunt family. Times have been tough. They probably need that extra $30 million to make up for their investment losses.